Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
See, panic button. They only wanted that info to leak.

Byers I was joking about the metadata thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Hal Incandenza posted:

It cuts off in the sense the cell was small and there wasn't wrapped text.

Is it reasonable to assume that there is info regarding other Javas that was cut off?

You really should just be pro-town and post it. This is stupid to get everything second hand.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

VivaNova posted:

Is it reasonable to assume that there is info regarding other Javas that was cut off?

You really should just be pro-town and post it. This is stupid to get everything second hand.

Perhaps... I think it might be anti-scum to post it, but it also might have an unbalancing affect on the the empires in the list. It's basically mass claiming for 10 players.

And the only info that was cut off besides JakeP's is some of Ernie/FV's role. The rest are short enough to fit in the picture.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Hal Incandenza posted:

Perhaps... I think it might be anti-scum to post it, but it also might have an unbalancing affect on the the empires in the list. It's basically mass claiming for 10 players.

And the only info that was cut off besides JakeP's is some of Ernie/FV's role. The rest are short enough to fit in the picture.

The problem is that the scum presumably already know this information. If that is the case, then it is senseless to hide it from everyone else.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

QuoProQuid posted:

The problem is that the scum presumably already know this information. If that is the case, then it is senseless to hide it from everyone else.

Except that this game isn't that simple. It isn't just scum vs. town

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Hal Incandenza posted:

I take that back... it does spill out over the cell, but the picture itself cuts off there.

what color is the cell

what size is it

what is the font

tell me all these important details

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Hal Incandenza posted:

It very much is scum versus town in that it is impossible for any coalition to win so long as scum are in play. We need to work together and share info, otherwise this whole experiment is useless.

You are undermining the town's decision-making processes by hiding information and it is really scummy.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Only cause some people are choosing to play that way.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Byers2142 posted:

So a diplomat from another empire gained entry to our doc, posted detailed information on players in multiple other empires, and then peaced out without saying a word. Then our diplomat reacted in shock and anger at my "scumclaim."

Or... your diplomat could have done it?

Rarity posted:

I don't understand why you find it so hard to entertain the possibility that someone in the Imperials is scum. You're jumping through extremely high loops to find another answer

I never denied the possibility of there being a scum in my empire. I said the assumption that every empire has a scum in it is not necessarily a good one.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Crazyeyes posted:

I never denied the possibility of there being a scum in my empire. I said the assumption that every empire has a scum in it is not necessarily a good one.

Please post your exact full and partial wincons. There was disagreement between what FV and 50 posted last night.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Crazyeyes posted:

My apologies, I'm conflating 50's statement of a scum-free empire with your statement about scum not necessarily being evenly distributed and it put an impression in my head that wasn't true.

##unvote

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

How specific is the information regarding why I am diplomat?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Dear whoever the gently caress knows,

Why would leaking information stop a vig?

Sincerely,

Me

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Meinberg posted:

This game, guys. This game.

I'm really not sure if my brain is working sufficiently well for me to begin processing even a half of this stuff.

Still, Meinberg isn't really chatting in the doc. Also, he decided to write "I am scum" in every players column except Rarity in our doc.

Byers2142 posted:

Part of the information was powers of nations, and it was posted before Amni's flip. He's on the list.

So is your situational bonus, and capps sneakthief ways. And DGK's kill power, again received before it actually happened.

Everyone in my doc knew I had the power because I told them D1 when i got into the thread.

mr.capps posted:

Barely none of it.

This is likely true, as Capps had told us he wasn't saying much of anything specific to other Diplomats.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Your Personal Muse posted:

Dear whoever the gently caress knows,

Why would leaking information stop a vig?

Sincerely,

Me

"sneak thief"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DGK2000 posted:

Still, Meinberg isn't really chatting in the doc. Also, he decided to write "I am scum" in every players column except Rarity in our doc.

That was me. It was a joke, you see.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The leak was not done without reason.

Probably.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Rarity posted:

That was me. It was a joke, you see.

omg, I get that one!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

mr.capps posted:

"sneak thief"

It may surprise you to learn that this in fact did not answer my question

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

So from what I understand a bunch of empires mass-claimed to themselves which obviously the scum would all get and then they posted this info in an empire doc for some reason?

I want to know
A) why would everyone mass claim when duh there's going to be scum?
B) why would anyone think this would be effective since scum could lie?
C) why would scum post it in a doc?

C is the important one, informed minority vs uninformed majority and such. Why give that up?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Also either post the information or don't post the information jesus. All these empires sucking their own dicks while flipping off the town really cheeses me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tom Tucker posted:

So from what I understand a bunch of empires mass-claimed to themselves which obviously the scum would all get and then they posted this info in an empire doc for some reason?

I want to know
A) why would everyone mass claim when duh there's going to be scum?
B) why would anyone think this would be effective since scum could lie?
C) why would scum post it in a doc?

C is the important one, informed minority vs uninformed majority and such. Why give that up?

a) coordinate actions
b) you can catch them in a lie
c) panic button

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

mr.capps posted:

How does this work?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Tom Tucker posted:

Also either post the information or don't post the information jesus. All these empires sucking their own dicks while flipping off the town really cheeses me.

you complete me

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

VivaNova posted:

How does this work?

Almost every empire has information gathering nations. Most people are thinking of using these to spy on other empires instead of validating stuff though.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

mr.capps posted:

a) coordinate actions
c) panic button

You're right it does help the scum coordinate actions.

BAM

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

mr.capps posted:

Almost every empire has information gathering nations. Most people are thinking of using these to spy on other empires instead of validating stuff though.

I meant scum gave them the info, so scum KNOW exactly what they KNOW. AU's not going to catch anything useful as long as scum know what they know.

Like, I don't see why you're being coy about your national ability in the thread. You told your empire, scum know, AU knows, I know. You're not going to surprise anyone except potentially town and be not helpful to YPM.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tom Tucker posted:

You're right it does help the scum coordinate actions.

BAM

To build the most efficient machine everything in an empire should be open. The way the machine breaks down and how the scum uses the machine to their advantage is all information that can be used to find them.

VivaNova posted:

Like, I don't see why you're being coy about your national ability in the thread. You told your empire, scum know, AU knows, I know. You're not going to surprise anyone except potentially town and be not helpful to YPM.

Its a two way street. Town doesn't know correct, which means they aren't scum. In my case revealing my nation's ability is pointless, but I won't be bother if someone does it.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Tom are you serious that your group hasn't talked about your individual powers or point-distributions at all? Because that's what it seems like you're saying.

Crazyeyes posted:

I thought that response would be lumped in with my response to Quids equal distribution bullshit. The only ~good~ reason Byers could offer for this belief is I'd he already knows who scum is. I will say again: there is no reason to believe every team has a scum player. If you claim to believe this is the case, you are scum who knows it's true, or stupid. Maybe both.

But that's not what I'm talking about. I understand that not every team would have a scum player, but somehow, someone on the AU team has specific information pertaining to. So one of these things have happened.

1. Both 50 and capps have told an insane amount to Sandwolf (probably not true since the Imperials were going after the AU), or 50 told capps literally everything and capps told it all to sandwolf. Sandwolf then randomly posts a picture of that info and then gets mad instead of going "hey ya'll here's the info I got from capps. Let's use this to help murder the imperials!" This probably did not happen.

2. Both 50 and capps/or just capps told literally everything to either Viva or Tom Tucker. They then leaked that information to their whole group or are scum themselves and just told scum. Then another scum on AU released it at night for some reason.

3. There's scum on all three teams and they convinced the AU scumguy to release it.

4. This is all an insane ruse by AU to create mass chaos?

The third one is definitely the most likely (I can't imagine capps or 50 just giving away everything) but here's how you've reacted: by ignoring it and talking about capps reasonings for working with AU, talking about distribution, claiming that the diplomat could have done it. What hasn't happened: any real scumhunting at all.

Seriously look at this post:

Crazyeyes posted:

I don't know how you can make that claim when we all have diplomats that can talk to each other. How do you know they didn't pass info that way to your doc?

and this one:

Crazyeyes posted:

Talk me through these. If Sandwolf did it, why all the crazy secrecy? How would he get the information? Unless 50 has claimed to you in the doc that he gave a whole bunch of secrets away to an enemy for nothing, how are you coming at it this way?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Also Africa if you're so worried about sharing it with the whole table why not just share it with the Imperials and MediFed since, you know, we're the ones that it's about and we can see if the leak is legit. Pass it on to the diplomats asap, they're forced to share it with their crew and we can all validate it for the thread.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I honestly have no problems with sharing it since we already said it exists and what is generally in it. Since we've already given away this much information we might as well give it all. Handing out information piecemeal just feels like a powertrip "I know something that you don't" at this point.

I won't act without the support of my empire though, so if people come back to the doc and agree with me then I'll post it.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

capps, you realize your theory of only works if the two empires the scum wanted the Imperialist Legion to target had fewer scum on average than the rest of the game, and/or they were confident they could shut them down before losing any of their own, right?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ixtlilton posted:

capps, you realize your theory of only works if the two empires the scum wanted the Imperialist Legion to target had fewer scum on average than the rest of the game, and/or they were confident they could shut them down before losing any of their own, right?

Yeah. The theory works because as busb said this is a game of attrition. Day vigs would happen at a much faster rate than they could hope to influence.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Crazyeyes posted:

I thought that response would be lumped in with my response to Quids equal distribution bullshit. The only ~good~ reason Byers could offer for this belief is I'd he already knows who scum is. I will say again: there is no reason to believe every team has a scum player. If you claim to believe this is the case, you are scum who knows it's true, or stupid. Maybe both.

Sorry to come back to this, but I just realized that your reaction to people casing and calling you out for scummy behavior was not to address those cases, but to attack the idea of equal scum distribution as though it clears you of anything.

Would again like to recommend Crazyeyes for the lynch.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Hey QPQ...

:hfive:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

mr.capps posted:

Yeah. The theory works because as busb said this is a game of attrition. Day vigs would happen at a much faster rate than they could hope to influence.

Ah, so there's the kill they can possibly influence, even if it might eventually take out one of their own, vs. one they can't at all. Got it. The whole leak thing seems pretty nonsensical to me, outing that you have people in three empires for that return just seems like terrible play. 8bux's thing to verify it's a real leak is a good idea.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Yeah basically put up or shut up. You can even edit it so that the groups can only see our own stuff! I don't know but we should at least verify that the leak was pretty bad!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I suggested sharing it in the doc, but once again there's nobody there, so I suppose we'll have to wait until some people get back.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

So Asiina, you're here. Whatareya feelin' about Crazyeyes? Also who do you think did the leak in your doc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Sorry, doing Survivor chat elsehwere, not on the doc. Yeah, share it if the empire agrees.

• Locked thread