Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Tom Tucker posted:

I have no idea what you're saying here except that yes I've made it pretty clear I'm worried that one of you is scum. How would I 'eliminate myself as a subject'?

Because you're a suspect, and I didn't even mistype that, you know exactly what I'm talking about and there's no reason to lynch me apart from spite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Ixtlilton posted:

Killing Tom will absolutely help town, and there's no way you believe I'm scum. Anyway, gently caress you guys, I stopped helping because you were going to lynch me anyway and don't pretend like you wouldn't.

Name one thing that you've done to help us the entire game in the first place.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Eight Dollars posted:

Name one thing that you've done to help us the entire game in the first place.

Did you even read my early play, or realize that I killed someone I thought was scum? And you haven't been in my doc to see me talking to people about stuff. There's several things.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Because let's go through the checklist.

Scumhunt? Nope
Lynch FV D2? Nope
Lynch Ardulac D3? Nope
Lynch Ardulac D4? Nope
Lynch JakeP D5? Nope
Lynch bowmore D6? Nope

Kill a Town Hal for no reason based on a terrible case the night bowmore could have hid? Yup
Never voted after D1? Yup

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Eight Dollars posted:

Scumhunt? Nope
Lynch FV D2? Nope
Lynch Ardulac D3? Nope
Lynch Ardulac D4? Nope
Lynch JakeP D5? Nope
Lynch bowmore D6? Nope

Kill a Town Hal for no reason based on a terrible case the night bowmore could have hid? Yup

Yes I loving did scumhunt, gently caress you.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Eight Dollars posted:

Scumhunt? Nope
Lynch FV D2? Nope
Lynch Ardulac D3? Nope
Lynch Ardulac D4? Nope
Lynch JakeP D5? Nope
Lynch bowmore D6? Nope

And it was a good case, he absolutely should know me better than that.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Eight Dollars posted:

Scumhunt? Nope
Lynch FV D2? Nope
Lynch Ardulac D3? Nope
Lynch Ardulac D4? Nope
Lynch JakeP D5? Nope
Lynch bowmore D6? Nope

And I'm sorry that I wasn't more helpful when I'm 3p and you guys are all lined up to lynch me and the whole game is being solved, and continues to be solved by night actions and in doc, gently caress off.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And just fyi, Tom will flip scum when you lynch him.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ixtlilton posted:

And just fyi, Tom will flip scum when you lynch him.

Look at his posting just today, fake confusion and not addressing points that he knows make me clearly not scum, because he knows he can't without making it super obvious he doesn't actually believe what he's saying. Dude's scum, but you're lynching me when I'd kill him.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Ixtlilton posted:

Because you're a suspect, and I didn't even mistype that, you know exactly what I'm talking about and there's no reason to lynch me apart from spite.

I'm pretty sure you're saying I should volunteer to be lynched here which is :psyduck:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Tom Tucker posted:

I'm pretty sure you're saying I should volunteer to be lynched here which is :psyduck:

No, I'm saying we lynch Rarity and we kill you. You can lynch me tomorrow after that if you think I'll be a threat to tearshed, I don't care.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

You are really not making any sense and you're hanging your entire 'worth' to this town on a metagame case you made on a player that was wrong, you've been absent every scum lynch, lied about your ability as a protector, attacked people in your empire, killed town outside of the empire, then lied about the nature of it. You've been consistently and constantly an anti-town element and I'd be voting you no matter what you claimed to be because I can't trust your claimed intentions.

Just don't take it so personally, man.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Tom Tucker posted:

You are really not making any sense and you're hanging your entire 'worth' to this town on a metagame case you made on a player that was wrong, you've been absent every scum lynch, lied about your ability as a protector, attacked people in your empire, killed town outside of the empire, then lied about the nature of it. You've been consistently and constantly an anti-town element and I'd be voting you no matter what you claimed to be because I can't trust your claimed intentions.

Just don't take it so personally, man.

Like I was needed for those lynches. And I only attacked tearshed last night because I had to, and you all hid the protector thing as well, and I thought Hal was scum and that was pro-town kill. And you can trust my claimed intentions because they're true, and they're obviously true. And all of that is clearly excuses for an anti-town action that you know is anti-town, because you're scum.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And you aren't even pretending to think I'm scum anymore which was the only reason you were voting me when we all thought tearshed was 3p, and it was clearly BS.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

No Ixt none of that is right. At all.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Here, let me lay it on the line for you, Tom. We lynch Rarity, me and tearshed kill you, there's no chance of me killing tearshed because he'll have a higher M than I will, you lynch me tomorrow and we're down 2 scum suspects for one lynch. What, precisely, is there not to trust about my intentions here? You are so clearly full of it, and scum. You thought either me or tearshed would be an easy lynch and you're above suspicion, but you couldn't pull it off without making your alignment obvious.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Tom Tucker posted:

No Ixt none of that is right. At all.

How is it wrong?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Ixtlilton posted:

Here, let me lay it on the line for you, Tom. We lynch Rarity, me and tearshed kill you, there's no chance of me killing tearshed because he'll have a higher M than I will, you lynch me tomorrow and we're down 2 scum suspects for one lynch. What, precisely, is there not to trust about my intentions here? You are so clearly full of it, and scum. You thought either me or tearshed would be an easy lynch and you're above suspicion, but you couldn't pull it off without making your alignment obvious.

Do I really have to spell out why this is a bad idea? You've acted in a consistently anti-town way, to the point of killing Hal who was apparently strongly confirmed town by night actions, you've been absent on scum lynches (hey guess what that Ard lynch did need you because it was down by one vote!), and you're almost certainly scum! I don't care about what you think your actions confirm, they confirm squat, and you're acting like you're excused from being scum because you're so obviously an anti-town 3rd party, which A) you're not obviously that at all and B) even if I believed you were, I'd still be voting for you!

And so I'm supposed to just let you have another night to kill god knows who else in the town, with only your word (which means a lot considering how you described being a protector and killing Hal and lord knows what else you lied about), that you're going to kill me? Because 'Tearshed has higher M', a fact that is complelely contradicted by the fact that you did massive amounts of damage to Tearshed last night? And hey, guess what, Tearshed and I kinda need to be alive to fulfill our secondary win condition of having the largest population, and hell that's assuming that Tear is even town with me, which I'm not accepting at all. So why, on god's green earth, would I volunteer to be lynched instead of someone who has attacked my empire mates and behaved incredibly scummy all game?

Why??

Why would I do it?! I wouldn't! I have no reason to want that at all! No reason!

I honestly have to disengage because you're being absurd to the extreme and I can't tell if you are this crazy or are just trying to fling enough bullshit into the water that it confuses someone.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Tom Tucker posted:

Do I really have to spell out why this is a bad idea? You've acted in a consistently anti-town way, to the point of killing Hal who was apparently strongly confirmed town by night actions, you've been absent on scum lynches (hey guess what that Ard lynch did need you because it was down by one vote!), and you're almost certainly scum! I don't care about what you think your actions confirm, they confirm squat, and you're acting like you're excused from being scum because you're so obviously an anti-town 3rd party, which A) you're not obviously that at all and B) even if I believed you were, I'd still be voting for you!

And so I'm supposed to just let you have another night to kill god knows who else in the town, with only your word (which means a lot considering how you described being a protector and killing Hal and lord knows what else you lied about), that you're going to kill me? Because 'Tearshed has higher M', a fact that is complelely contradicted by the fact that you did massive amounts of damage to Tearshed last night? And hey, guess what, Tearshed and I kinda need to be alive to fulfill our secondary win condition of having the largest population, and hell that's assuming that Tear is even town with me, which I'm not accepting at all. So why, on god's green earth, would I volunteer to be lynched instead of someone who has attacked my empire mates and behaved incredibly scummy all game?

Why??

Why would I do it?! I wouldn't! I have no reason to want that at all! No reason!

I honestly have to disengage because you're being absurd to the extreme and I can't tell if you are this crazy or are just trying to fling enough bullshit into the water that it confuses someone.

There is no way you believe I'm scum. There just isn't. You are clearly scum, and I hope they lynch you. And again, I'm not asking you to volunteer to be lynched, read the game. The plan is fool-proof and you're scum. You're disengaging because you know you can't address the points that make me clearly not scum, and you know the plan leads you, the scum, losing, while if you were town tearshed being alive would be enough.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And if you really thought Hal was so town at the time, why didn't you even attempt to talk me out of it?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Ixt, man, I didn't think I had to. Because you lied to us all. I was busy with my inlaws all weekend and then the forums crashed. When I finally checked the Baltic doc you were saying 'OK if you guys think we can save me I'll be protector' so I voted you protector and I figured that about covered it but we all saw how that worked out!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I have been given permission to murderlynch you

##vote Ixtlilton

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

"OK guys I will be protector and not kill Hal."
(lied about being protector, kills Hal)
"Why didn't you try to talk me out of it???"

That is you Hal. Look at what you are saying.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Tom is the scum, I look forward to being right in the viewer doc. Everyone who actually thinks I'm scum here should be ashamed of themselves.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Take a chill pill dude

##vote Ixtlilton

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Just think, if I'd put in effort like you guys wanted I would've had to do that every day. Spoiler: I was telling the truth.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
and that was :redhammer:

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Aaaa I fell asleep gimmie a sec.

ninja; okay nvm there was a hammer.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
As the seasons turn yet again, it is decided that Ixtiltonton has behaved in a way that is not very groovy at all. Maybe a century long blockade will teach him some lessons! Of course, his country can't survive long by itself.

Ixtlilton, Novgorod, self-aligned, has been lynched Day 7:omarcomin:
Has an effective M rating equal to half its pop, which is unable to be sabotaged.

It is now Night7

:siren:Only 10 nations remain!:siren:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I'm still missing 4 actions. Please get them in within the next 12 hours~

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Another turn of the earth, and another day of death. Much fighting broke out amongst nations. Who can be trusted? One thing is clear though, the Baltics won't be feared any longer.

tearshed, Denmark, self-aligned, has been put to the torch Night 7 :omarcomin:
Denmark: sabotages do population damage equal to stat damage, and steal fixed $1

Tom Tucker, Sweden, self-aligned, has been massacred Night 7 :omarcomin:
Sweden: every 2 pop bought increases I by 1 up to tech cap

:siren:The Baltic Band has been eliminated :siren:

Not only that, but scouts have reported that the nation of France appears to have no people left to populate its towns. It seems a poisoned water supply killed its entire population.

Crazyeyes, France, Empire-aligned, has been depleted Night 7 :freep:
France: Successful military attacks grant a tracker of the enemy's targets

The Mediterranean Federation has reached the Industrial age! :krakentoot:
The Javan Coalition has reached the Renaissance! :coffee:

It is now Day 8!

busb fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jul 12, 2014

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Not Voting (7): 50 pounds of bread, Eight Dollars, Juanito, QuoProQuid, Rarity, VivaNova, Your Personal Muse

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Well, awesome flips.

Our diplomat is camping until tomorrow.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Here's what I know: I was voted protector last night somehow. Rarity has scumclaimed to me in the doc. She is scum and probably killed one of tearshed or Tom Tucker (she had a lot of $ just hanging around - then she used a power (the poisoning) to kill Crazyeyes.

##vote Rarity

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Let's get the obvious out of the way:

50, are you responsible for any of the kills last night?

Eight Dollars and Rarity, how was your evening?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Eight Dollars posted:

Here's what I know: I was voted protector last night somehow. Rarity has scumclaimed to me in the doc. She is scum and probably killed one of tearshed or Tom Tucker (she had a lot of $ just hanging around - then she used a power (the poisoning) to kill Crazyeyes.

##vote Rarity

Yeah, between what we were told yesterday and Rarity's defeatist attitude, I am more than willing to kill her today. She sounds like a scum who knows they are caught.

##vote: Rarity

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

Eight Dollars and Rarity, how was your evening?

Nothing happened to me - military or espionage wise - I was voted protector, made a bunch of speeches to my men/some mercenaries I bought, pushed for a tech up and that's it.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I think we're all happy to get rid of Rarity, but I'd rather wait until Viva gets back. Unless it doesn't matter at all?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You could have at least let me make that post I wrote 8bux :mad:

##vote Rarity

Last night I killed Tom Tucker with the $25 I had kicking around. I did not kill tearshed (that was probably Tom) and I did not kill Crazyeyes. I'm the last scum left so I don't have a clue how that happened. Oh and 50, there's no way you're going to have a higher M than 8bux by the end of the game. Enjoy world peace, everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Posting from bass river state Forrest

Juanito posted:

I think we're all happy to get rid of Rarity, but I'd rather wait until Viva gets back. Unless it doesn't matter at all?

Hi from bass river state forest. 50 sabotaged me last night. I can check infrequently and will respond to pm and steam.

Shall we wait for rarity to post?

• Locked thread