Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Your Personal Muse posted:

Remember when I said there wouldn't be a question of the game?

I lied.

~~~Question of the Game~~~

If your coalition was on fire and you could only save one person in your empire, who would you choose and why?

Please refrain from looking at my answer until you have answered it yourself.

I would save JakeP due to him entertaining me in mafia games
I would prob save Ixt. Cool dude.

Re: number of scum chat. Last civ game had 32 players, 8 of which were scum. There were also 8 empires with 4 nations each. Some empires had more than 1 scum, some had no scum.
Most mafia games have a ratio of 3 town:1 scum.
This game has 25 players. Round down to 24 and you get 6 scum :themoreyouknow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I swear SA has/had a "the more you know" emote but I can't find it for the life of me.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##protect Tom Tucker

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Lamp is town as gently caress.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

QuoProQuid posted:

You would please elaborate?
Ticking every box in "clueless town newbie". His posts in-thread are giving vibes that he is "on his own" i.e. doesn't have support. He's super-ultra active in empire-doc too. I would think if he was scum he would be asking his scumbuddies how not to be so bad, but instead he's asking for advice in empire-doc. There's no malice in his tone.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Lampsacus posted:

Can't find it. I've spent half an hour scouring archives and the offsite search. Bizarre. I know I had a mentor who helped me a bit but I remember getting all defensive and making a wallof.txt splurg like day 1 and getting lynched for it. I mean, I don't know how much use it will be but I used to frequent mafiascum.net about ten years ago? http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1716 I'm TradaPIB in this game.
Dude I told you in empire you don't need to be defensive or anything. This stuff isn't important. If you said you played 1 game before, we believe you.

fakeedit: Votefinder is fixed, look at that! http://votefinder.org/player/Lampsacus

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

yuming posted:

I don't think Amni is scummy.

Hi tearshed :sun:
Hi yuming :sparkles:

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Rarity posted:

Well, the way he's playing is super aggressive and it was reading as quite scummy to me but if it's just how he always plays then it's not enough on its own so I was asking more experienced people who know him for advice. I'm not sure why that's a bad thing? :confused:
Nothing wrong with asking for comments on someone's meta. But don't avoid casing someone based on meta either.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Crazyeyes posted:

Unless that case is based purely on second hand meta information. It is generally not advisable for new players to make meta cases.
Oh whoops, used the wrong word.

'But don't avoid casing someone because of meta either.'
tl;dr if someone is always scummy/aggressive/whatever don't give them a pass because of it

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

bowmore posted:

what does this mean??
It means the mod won't confirm if scum can trade '$' freely between themselves, regardless of empire, and regardless if scum is a diplomat.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

DGK2000 posted:

You'd gently caress up a paint by numbers.
laffo

hey guys 1.5 hours to deadline~

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##vote TT :sparkles:

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Asiina posted:

There's two of those now.
Yeah I was just about to say, there are two TT's this game.

##vote Tremendous Taste :sparkles:

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

yuming posted:

Well what else am I supposed to do, people want me to make a case I don't have a great read but I'm not scum.
Cmon yuming. You know the best defense is a good offense. Make some good posts on other people and you will stop getting voted because you are putting in effort. No need to freak out.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Hi thread. Everyone vote for TremTaste so we don't no lynch :sun:

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

yuming posted:

Your read is really accurate and it makes me feel better. If I were scum I wouldn't be trying here and that is what frustrates me so.

My vote on Tom is the best thing I'm going to find before the deadline ticks by.

Even my own team is suspicious of me and I just want to be able to discuss idea freely.

One read I've had but haven't explore is Viva. I will look at her post nows.
Tom isn't happening today. Would you vote Trem?

Lampsacus posted:

How many hours till the deadline?
No idea, I don't run on american time. I assume it's 2 hours?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##vote 50
drat I was gonna explore.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

busb posted:

Your popular explorer scandalously marries into the tribal village. Exploring nation is very hated among civilised nations. (-2 to lynch)
Is this one day or permanent.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Hold on hold on hold on ##unvote

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Let's do this logically.

Firstly. I think wanting to indiscriminately kill two empires just to find 2-3 scum is stupid.
Secondly. I assumed that when 50 said "we want to destroy two empires" I thought he meant ours because our diplo hasn't said anything about other empires in our empire chat (tom).

Voting fiddy just because he wants to kill me is no different than getting cased by another town member and voting them for it. Voting fiddy doesn't find scum. That is fact.

I think working together with the imperial's is a good thing, but there needs to be a change of plan. Nobody is going to agree with just falling over dead to maybe catch a few scum.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I believe the imperial's will be more successful in achieving their wincon if they cast a wider net i.e. normal scum hunting.

Think about it. If you pick off 1 scum each from the other 4 empires, then each empire becomes slightly weaker. This encourages inter-empire war and other empires will do the job of eliminating empires for you. If the imperials played the game normally (find scums), they would have more success in the long run. Their current gamble was a poor one.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

mr.capps posted:

DGK2000

He is distant but unlike meinberg seems to be actively holding back. Also has reacted to certain events in our doc in a way that suggests he is protecting other players for no apparent reason.

Oh and lamp.
Lamp isn't scum. He's being too much of an adorable newbie in empire chat.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Byers2142 posted:

Nope, it's more scummy because it's a reason that is safe for scum to hide behind. You're making an argument to kill someone regardless or in spite of their alignment; scum want to find cases like that to make, because it makes them look like they're invested but they're not on the hook for making alignment calls.
Why aren't you looking at me or any of the other 3-4 dudes who voted 50 for poo poo reasons. Why focus on lamp?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
It's clear that the only 5-town empire at this point is the baltics. No drama here.

QPQ is an honorary Baltic. He's on fire.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Sandwolf posted:

You did this recently, were you scum or town last time you did this?
I just caught up on reading hunger games mafia and CE flipped town over there. I don't feel so hot about CE being scum right now.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Do you have a reason for CE not being scum based on his play in this game? We know there is a scum in Imperial Legion. CE's play in this game makes it pretty obvious it's him over myself or 50.
I don't think I've ever seen CE's scum game. I've only ever seen him get mislynched as town. I don't see anything significantly different this game.

Why doesn't the legion hunt scum...together? This in-fighting is ugly.

Fiddy, consider that F_V replaced Ernie. Would you say that it was possible that ernie was scum? Is it possible that FV is just playing very poorly?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
CE: Both you and 50 have reached a consensus that fv is a bad guy?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Ixtlilton posted:

Nothing. Also, we didn't organize any attacks last night.
Can confirm.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

busb posted:

I think you'll find that TNT hasn't even been invented yet Tom!

Maybe the Archimides Prize for the Best Screw?

But oh, what's that? a Day event???

:siren: Day Event!! :siren:
The first nation to guess the total industrial output of the world as of right now wins a mystery but beneficial prize! Only one guess per nation! ##guess XX

It might be worth it to hit up your diplomats for info before you use your guess, but oh boy being first is important! What will you choose???

The nation(s) furthest away from the correct answer will have such disappointed populations that they will suffer -2pop.
##guess 88

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

busb posted:

Well this day event didn't last very long. Ixtlilton is the winner with the exact guess!

Tearshed is the loser, and suffers -2pop.

Next off the rank:
Day 3 event 2/2
(Baltic Band excluded from this event)

Guess the combined effective world Espionage total for today!
Reminder this includes temporary stats gained from $ spend!

Same rules as before (this will be the last event for today)
Ouch :(

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Ixtlilton posted:

That's a lot of words for "JakeP is being a lazy lurker", but yeah, out of the Javans he's the most likely. Also, I bet the scum have a bus driver/redirector and the protector vote counts as a night action, that's the only way I can see that whole thing working out.

##guess 36
We're not allowed to guess for the second round dummy.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I was going to guess anyway this round for bragging rights but, well, poo poo. Ixt domination.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

busb posted:

Although there was a quiet and peaceful end to the previous season, it is no surprise that the following months bring tales of a massacre being meted out upon the hapless nation of Lithuania.

Grandicap - Lithuania - Self-aligned - has been invaded and dismantled Night 3! :omarcomin:
Lithuania - each time a nation from this empire is destroyed, Lithuania gains +3I

The Imperialist Legion has discovered that melting and mixing metals is pretty rad and has reached the Bronze Age

It is now Day 4!
Afaik this wasn't any of us baltics. I was a tiny bit suspicious of grandi but not in a 3P kinda way.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Rarity posted:

QuoProQuid, why did you say we should vote for a MedFed member on D3 and then vote for Byers instead?

Sandwolf, why are you happy to allow scum to keep existing in your empire?
What if sandwolf was scum?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
##vote bowmore

Ixt -wanted- Hal dead but none of the baltics ended up organizing anything. That's all I got.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

VivaNova posted:

Interesting. Trying to get BB to do scum's job?
He was pushing it from a personal agenda, see:

Ixtlilton posted:

Hal is 110% scum btw, remember this after you guys lynch me because you're all incredibly stupid. Hal isn't though, he knows how much I hate putting in effort as scum, and he knows that a deadline at that time where only two people needed to show up to effect a lynch is almost guaranteed to happen.

Ixt was saying stuff like "I'm going to be lynched tomorrow for sure, I want to take out hal tonight to prove my innocence" in empiredoc.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Asiina posted:

Without knowing, there's no way to know if the damage to Hal just overwhelmed Bowmore or he wasn't actually being protector.
It says in your night results who was successfully voted protector. Ask any of the AU's who got voted protector N2. etc

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Sandwolf posted:

Lemme clarify QPQ:

He's scum.
He's not.

He's the only one putting effort into chatting in the empire-doc. Lamp and TT are very rarely around.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Whatever helps ##vote Jakep

I'm pretty envious of that casework.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

JakeP posted:

wait for the flip
Do you think your empire mates are scum pushing a bad case, or dumb town? Or bit of both?

Who's the bad guy?

• Locked thread