Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Well, I got Sakurai in the game now.

Everyone loves him, he's best friends with Ganondorf and Captain Falcon, and he has a Sombrero.

Well, everyone on my island has a sombrero, but that's beside the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
My miis are giving me cold medicine all the time. I have maybe 17 cold medicines, and 6-7 tops of all the other gifts. Once, I cured a mii's cold with it, and in gratitude she gave me... more cold medicine.

Is this happening to anyone else? Just out of curiosity-- I'm wondering if it's that item in particular for some reason, or maybe my island is just really into cold medicine (for health reasons, I'm sure) and someone else has a billion hypnotizers instead?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Parasol Prophet posted:

My miis are giving me cold medicine all the time. I have maybe 17 cold medicines, and 6-7 tops of all the other gifts. Once, I cured a mii's cold with it, and in gratitude she gave me... more cold medicine.

Is this happening to anyone else? Just out of curiosity-- I'm wondering if it's that item in particular for some reason, or maybe my island is just really into cold medicine (for health reasons, I'm sure) and someone else has a billion hypnotizers instead?

Your island probably suffers from chronic meth addiction.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Parasol Prophet posted:

Cold medicine and stomach medicine are by far the most common item Miis give me, but I actually use them all because one of my Miis always needs multiple medicines a day.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I think the medicines just have a higher chance of being areward because you need them to make your Miis feel better and you can't get them anywhere else.

I accidentally gave one to a Mii that wasn't sick and they still took it and told me it tasted funny. It makes me wonder if you can just keep cramming medicine down their throats and make them OD, not that I'm a big enough monster to try. :ohdear:

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I have no idea how to use the download code to get the demo.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

curiousCat posted:

I have no idea how to use the download code to get the demo.

Go to the E Shop, tap Menu, then Redeem Download Code.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
That Miicharacters website seems to be down :(

I need to add more celebrities to my apartments!

Quitte
Nov 2, 2011

nee-deep

I'm binge watching Twin Peaks at the moment so I made a thing:

This game is pretty cool.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Ghandi has a new hobby: Helping Master Roshi exercise.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
So hey, interesting discovery made today. :siren:Miis can get divorced.:siren:

Two of my married Miis had an argument and got that firey "angry" aura around themselves. One of my other Miis tried to calm them down, but it didn't work. Following this, I was given the option to tell one of them to "Move on" or "Try to Patch Things Up" (or something similar.) Selecting "Move on" results in the two divorcing. Note that this causes BOTH of their happiness meters to fill with sadness, and the marriage ends.

It should also be noted that the two, despite falling in love quickly, had very low compatibility. It's possible this was involved in their...irreconcilable differences.

Rocketlex fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 16, 2014

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Does anyone have a spare NA demo code to supply a lonely goon with? I wouldn't mind spending my day off work trying a bit of this out to see if it's worth the $35 price tag.

should probably put my email here or something, it's just my SA username @ gmail.

phourniner fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jun 16, 2014

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I told my brother-in-law's Mii he shouldn't date my friend's real-life fiance, and his happiness meter turned into a sadness meter.

I pushed him on a swing for a few minutes, and he felt all better. Love is a fickle thing.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

I just read the op and not the other 11 pages, does this game have any kind of online play?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'll be picking this up on the way home from work today. I hope it's worth it :ohdear:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Corridor posted:

I just read the op and not the other 11 pages, does this game have any kind of online play?

Not beyond spotpass/streetpass and sending things via local wifi.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

The doctor is in~

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Sakurai just had a dream in which he was warned by a fairy-sized version of one of my friends that a swarm of brussel sprouts was coming toward the island. Hearing the call to action, he immediately use the power of cinnamon rolls to transform into Sakurai-bot 5000, which gave him a robot suit and pink hair in order to combat this threat.

GOTY 2014

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Rocketlex's [ERROR] and Garfield had a baby and well...

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

this game is weird

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Rocketlex posted:

So hey, interesting discovery made today. :siren:Miis can get divorced.:siren:

Two of my married Miis had an argument and got that firey "angry" aura around themselves. One of my other Miis tried to calm them down, but it didn't work. Following this, I was given the option to tell one of them to "Move on" or "Try to Patch Things Up" (or something similar.) Selecting "Move on" results in the two divorcing. Note that this causes BOTH of their happiness meters to fill with sadness, and the marriage ends.

It should also be noted that the two, despite falling in love quickly, had very low compatibility. It's possible this was involved in their...irreconcilable differences.

My island's first married couple actually broke up the very next day after their marriage, despite a 91% compatibility... presumably because the wife also had a 98% compatibility with her current boyfriend, Shigeru "Homewrecker" Miyamoto.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
A couple of my favorites:

MissKitteh
Mar 11, 2010
I just picked this game up over the weekend and I love it. So far I've made some of my family but it is mostly Game of Thrones characters. I was excited to make Jamie's room the bathhouse. I'll see if I can find a few good screenshots of some of the bullshit they've been doing.

Ern Malley
Nov 11, 2005

:d: :d: :d:

MissKitteh posted:

I just picked this game up over the weekend and I love it. So far I've made some of my family but it is mostly Game of Thrones characters. I was excited to make Jamie's room the bathhouse.

I have a Tyrion mii who is dating Nicki Minaj. Also an Arya one who I gave a purple ninja costume to.

Populating this game with fictional characters, historical figures and modern celebrities is awesome.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If anyone's getting this game, I've got an extra copy chilling on SA Mart.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
With the help of an outfit Sakurai made, Shaq has now achieved his true form.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Your island probably suffers from chronic meth addiction.

Suggesting that she make a Boyd Crowder Mii appears to have been a huge mistake.

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008
this game. A friend bought me the downloadable version for my birthday, and I just love the hell out of it. So far, Ryuuko Matoi has confessed her love to Professor Layton and gotten rejected, My mother is dating Mario, and Slenderman fuckin LOVES chill peppers.

Oh, and Joseph Joestar and Ichigo Kurosaki are best friends.

Best birthday present ever.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Couple questions:
1) Am I able to pass the game cart between 2 3ds consoles without losing anything? Wife want to try more after the demo but still isn't convinced she wants it. I don't want to lose my save when I put the game in her 3ds.

2) will they street pass this way?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Couple questions:
1) Am I able to pass the game cart between 2 3ds consoles without losing anything? Wife want to try more after the demo but still isn't convinced she wants it. I don't want to lose my save when I put the game in her 3ds.

2) will they street pass this way?

1) Yes, physical games are entirely on the cart.

2) I think so? No wait, it will save the streetpass data on both 3DS, but since it will be the same save file it shouldn't be able to streetpass with itself. And even if it did, you wouldn't get anything you didn't already have. But both 3DS will be able to pass the streets.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I think I wasn't clear. She wants a NEW save like a new game. I don't want to lose my save. I was hoping the save was on the console not the cart.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Sorry, you'll have to get a new copy for her.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Thanks. I'll just buy a new copy. If she likes cool, if not wutev

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
My island is getting really weird.

It's a full minute of weird groaning sounds in tune with the music.

A Kamen Rider has arrived on the Island. I wonder who it could be? That mask is just so...mysterious.

Also this is something that happened.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I told Shinji to stay away from Lelouch.

Now he wants to take a trip with him. How true to character.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Spotpass has delivered wedding dresses, though they are pretty expensive.

E: Not as expensive as the Jewel Dress, which was $9,900

E2: Here's a half decent Leon Kennedy Mii, complete with Cool Guy Jacket.

And some other photos.

Hank Hill married Ashley Graham from RE4, thanks to [ERROR]

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 20, 2014

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

Spotpass has delivered wedding dresses, though they are pretty expensive.

Where the hell do you get those things? were they just spotpassed on the 6th, or what? I went to my local nintendo zone area and nothing happened. I'm kind of mad-the wedding dresses are super cute. :T

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Nevileen posted:

Where the hell do you get those things? were they just spotpassed on the 6th, or what? I went to my local nintendo zone area and nothing happened. I'm kind of mad-the wedding dresses are super cute. :T

Do you not have your 3DS connected to your home internet? It should come through if its connected to wifi regardless of where you are.

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Do you not have your 3DS connected to your home internet? It should come through if its connected to wifi regardless of where you are.

....oh. Ohhh.

Welp. I'm a moron. Gonna go get that then.

(and not often-it really drains on my 3ds's battery unless I have it charging.)

Edit: never mind, got it.

Nevileen fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Probably the most obscure character I've added to my island yet, but I'm pretty happy with how this Madotsuki came out.

• Locked thread