Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

SMB2, also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
doki doki panic

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mgs2 wasn't all a dream you stupid gently caress

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Endorph posted:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
mgs2 substance is legit as gently caress on every system except the xbox, where it has a full half second input lag for no discernable reason

so many of the new missions are fun

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
mgs2 is good

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Endorph posted:

close enough

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
I'm sad they doubled back on the direction they were going in creating the one of the only outwardly postmodern games ever. It's all a simulation inside of a simulation, plus they were on something interesting about the overpreponderence of data in the upcoming years leading to a unmanagable universe where everything gets preserved but nothing gets passed on. MGS4 doesn't address any of these themes but instead spends the whole game trying to tie whatever they had done thus far in the series into some sort of cohesive, narrative- I mean it's like they make each games without any thought whatsoever as to what the sequel will be.

I mean the villains are basically stupid- fortune, vamp, and fatman do nothing for anyone, and Solidus is BOTH the president AND a big boss clone AND a warlord in Lybia or whatever?

Raiden, that man is not a factor in this mission, you have to rescue the president. Why does the president grab Raiden's crotch? I never understood. Some kind of japanese joke? Did he (a)think Raiden was a woman or android and (b)feel it was necessary to "be absolutely certain"?

If the patriots are just some kind of computer program, how do they take Olga's baby?

About a hundred years ago...

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the president grabbing raiden's crotch is the best moment in the entire series actually

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hello OP. I agree that MGS2 is literally the worst MGS ever made. Raiden is a shithead bitch loser. Games where you don't play as Snake are Bad.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

zelgadis posted:

I'm sad they doubled back on the direction they were going in creating the one of the only outwardly postmodern games ever. It's all a simulation inside of a simulation, plus they were on something interesting about the overpreponderence of data in the upcoming years leading to a unmanagable universe where everything gets preserved but nothing gets passed on. MGS4 doesn't address any of these themes but instead spends the whole game trying to tie whatever they had done thus far in the series into some sort of cohesive, narrative- I mean it's like they make each games without any thought whatsoever as to what the sequel will be.

I mean the villains are basically stupid- fortune, vamp, and fatman do nothing for anyone, and Solidus is BOTH the president AND a big boss clone AND a warlord in Lybia or whatever?

Raiden, that man is not a factor in this mission, you have to rescue the president. Why does the president grab Raiden's crotch? I never understood. Some kind of japanese joke? Did he (a)think Raiden was a woman or android and (b)feel it was necessary to "be absolutely certain"?

If the patriots are just some kind of computer program, how do they take Olga's baby?

About a hundred years ago...

i liked the part about shooting a helicopter down with a rocket

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

zelgadis posted:

I'm sad they doubled back on the direction they were going in creating the one of the only outwardly postmodern games ever. It's all a simulation inside of a simulation, plus they were on something interesting about the overpreponderence of data in the upcoming years leading to a unmanagable universe where everything gets preserved but nothing gets passed on.

I thought that was cool too but it turns out every video game sequel is about this. There's only room for one Snake, one Boss, one man, one lighthouse, one Dark Soul, uh,

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

obstipator posted:

Hello OP. I agree that MGS2 is literally the worst MGS ever made. Raiden is a shithead bitch loser. Games where you don't play as Snake are Bad.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

the only good part of MGS2 is when it led to metal gear rising

• Locked thread