Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

The Devil Tesla posted:

That sounds amazing.
Yeah that episode was actually great, it was all the other ones that were horribly boring.

I would definitely encourage people to give Tokyo ESP a shot, it's a pretty good manga.

Akame and Tokyo Ghoul are going to be hilariously censored, but I can't wait to see the reactions to their first episodes.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is Akame ga Kill anything like Assassins Creed? That could be pretty cool.
Not really, since the assassinations mostly involve battles between magic weapons with arbitrary powers instead of stealth. It's more like Bleach.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 5, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
And a baseball bat.

Cencoroll was great and everyone should watch it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

SC Bracer posted:

Tokyo Ghoul was a bit too gory for me so I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to keep watching it.
Then I should let you know that it's already heavily censored from the manga (although you probably figured that out from the copious amounts of partially blacked-out shots), and it only gets gorier from here.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 4, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Autonomous Monster posted:

I thought it was great, to be honest. I laughed.

I like this guy, I hope he continues to give no fucks for the entire run.
Yeah, that was the only part of the episode that really made me want to watch more.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

glomkettle posted:

I especially like that they didn't go with a super-high-pitched voice for Naru.
According to the thread she's voiced by an actual 7 year old, who does a remarkably good job.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 7, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think I remember reading the first few chapters of Akame ga Kill a while back. I liked the first chapter, and I like the first episode, but I believe I got bored with it fairly quickly. As a big late Roman Empire nerd, I really like the potential of the setting. I'll likely follow the thread for this (assuming there is/is going to be one) and resume it or not as appropriate.
As a not at all Roman Empire nerd, I didn't think they bore any resemblance to each other. AgK always seemed like kind of generic anime fantasy, filled with so many anachronisms it's almost modern times but without guns (except the magic guns.)

EDIT: Okay, everyone is right about Nozaki. That fukken bike scene and Sakura's expression. :what:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jul 8, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Man, if they're going to butcher all the fights the way they did the one in ep 2 to get Tokyo Ghoul on TV they may as well not have bothered. That was just ugly. Kind of clever, but ugly.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 11, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Xeiros posted:

Tokyo ESP

For those who may be confused after watching, they did not start with chapter 1 of the manga. Instead the opted to adapt chapter 23 which is near the end of Part 1 for this first anime episode. Why? Beats the hell out of me. The next episode is called "Girl meets boy" which seems to imply we'll be getting the actual chapter 1 adapted next week for a more coherent start. I hope.
Holy poo poo this was the worst idea.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I was wondering why I didn't remember gun guy or the stupid outfits from the manga. This may be one of the worst adaptations I've ever seen.

EDIT: Maybe next episode it will turn out this was all a bad dream.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 12, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Akame ga Kill was also brought up by a friend of mine so had no idea what was going on before diving into it but ended up being pretty alright with it. Only problem I have with it is from what I understand it's one of those anime's that (story spoilers kinda) pointlessly kills the cast just to replace them and then kill them like a loop which would kinda make me stop caring really.
Nah, AkG isn't that crazy. Characters die, but not often.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Blhue posted:

Basically the protagonist from Binbougami ga
Okay, you got me. Now I'll give it a shot.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Both Sabagebu and Nozaki are really, really funny. This is probably the best comedy season since whenever High School Boys aired.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

darkgray posted:

Watching Tokyo ESP ep 3, this fellow voiced by Tanaka Jouji appeared:

The character design reminded me of Gerard Butler in 300, so I had to look up the dub cast, and it turns out Leonidas was dubbed by Tanaka Jouji as well. Wonder if it's all intentional.
You caught that but not the Ghostbusters?

Yeah, Tokyo ESP is full of western character references.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I hope not, the animation is awful. Like Tokyo Ghoul, there's no reason not to just read the manga instead.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Blhue posted:

I thought his dumbass moment towards the end of this episode was kinda funny.
That was by far the best moment of the show so far.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It sounds to me like Strike Witches with giant robots, so I guess it's aimed at that audience. I suppose Sunrise wanted to cover all their bases that season.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

vibratingsheep posted:

If you want your gender-swapped historical figure to be more demure, then check out the upcoming Okita Souji version:

They really can't let go of Saber so badly literally every other Saber has to look exactly like her?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If you're up for lot of reading there's an LP of the original FSN game that's gotten two bad adaptations so far: http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/

Maybe the third time will be the charm though.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

DrPaper posted:

I wonder if they'll keep the penis hand
Probably. The joke still works fine if they mosaic it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Finally, we have our revenge.

• Locked thread