Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flocci
May 29, 2013

Terrible and bland.
Gonna catch Space Dandy and the other Watanabe thing for sure, otherwise 3 episode test it out. In particular I'm hopeful about Glasslip, Monthly-Girl Nozaki, Aldnoah.Zero, and maybe RAIL WARS!

Also mildly excited about DRAMAtical Murder, from an entertaining trainwreck perspective. For those of you not familiar with it, DMmd is the one where the secret/true route is your pet dog AI. Yeah, this anime's really gonna screw the pooch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flocci
May 29, 2013

Terrible and bland.
After the first ep, I'm pretty optimistic about Aldnoah.Zero myself, though I'm not much of a mech fan either. Then again this episode had barely any mech, reading more like a political thriller with a hint of space opera, info-dumping and all. In any case, the setting seems interesting, the writers seem competent, and it looks pretty good production-wise, so I'm gonna keep watching, robots or no.

As far as the other shows I've checked out, Sailor Moon's alright and I'll probably keep watching because hype train, Glasslip is pretty and I loved NagiAsu so I'll give it a few more eps to get interesting, Tokyo Ghoul seems like it could be decent but I'm not that hopeful, and Free! is dumb as hell but I'm gonna watch it and I'm gonna love it.

Flocci
May 29, 2013

Terrible and bland.

madmac posted:

I can't even work up the energy to watch that one, or Blue Spring Ride. Just the descriptions make my eyes glaze over. Like I want to know if they're good, but I'm secretly afraid I'll fall into a coma and never wake again if I watch them.

Caught both today, neither is really worth watching unless you tend to like cute girl clubs/shoujo romances respectively. That said, both are decently executed examples of their respective genres and should be an enjoyable enough watch if you're into those. Personally I'm dropping HaNaYaMaTa and sticking with Blue Spring Ride because cute girl shows bore me, but good shoujo is always a treat in my book.

Flocci
May 29, 2013

Terrible and bland.

Shakugan posted:

Just watched Nozaki.

A question about Japanese culture (brought about by Nozaki and practically every anime ever). Do Japanese people really "confess" to people that they've never actually talked to before? Seems messed up that a) it's common to like someone that much before even talking to them and b) that it's normal to tell them you like them that much despite not talking to them before. But it's in so much anime it's hard to believe that it's not actually a thing that happens.

Dunno how much it actually happens, but it's real enough that we learned about it in my university Japanese class, which was taught by a native speaker. I think the Japanese word for confessing like that is "kokuhaku", if you wanted to google it and do some independent research.

Flocci
May 29, 2013

Terrible and bland.
Tokyo ESP was a mess. I haven't read the manga, and the skip to the end still bugged me. Not in principle, mind, just execution. So many unrepentantly evil villains laughing maniacally, excessive explosions, like 5 minutes devoted solely to generic anime crying girl... I'll give the next few episodes a shot, assuming they go back to the start and we get to meet some likable characters, but this episode alone probably wouldn't have kept me on.

In other news, Terror in Resonance is gonna be great and we all knew it.

boom boom boom posted:

Goddamn, Terror in Resonance in Young Adult as gently caress. Are y'all on Team 9 or Team 12?
Obviously Team .75

• Locked thread