Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Dirp posted:

Back mount heel strike tko lmao

Doesn't look so good on the ol record. For either guy, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I thought his arm jerked weirdly but he wouldn't have rolled onto it after like that.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
You don't see that every day.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
The Librarian has politely asked you to stop.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I always wondered if lovely little inward liver heels could score a finish, and the answer is the same as all other stupid rarely seen fringe moves: only if the fighters are bad

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
[quote="origami" post=""""]
The Librarian has politely asked you to stop.
[/quote]

He didn't quit so much as he checked himself out of the fight.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
hahaha it's almost unbelievable what ufc prelims have become

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I don't know how but I really want Arlovski to win.

LINKIN PARK

Count Roland posted:

Scotty! Didn't know he was fighting tonight. I have a soft spot for the guy from his WEC days.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Scotty! Didn't know he was fighting tonight. I have a soft spot for the guy from his WEC days.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
TUF fighter inundation has polluted the ground water that is the prelims.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
I really don't want to see Jorgenson get cut, I hope he wins.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Spotty is now just Spot

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
can't stop laughing at that lady ringside with the cowardly lion hair

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Ugh heel stomp his ribs already!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Tyree posted:

Pretty sure that's Blake from Workaholics.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Reminder that Scotty used to look like this.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Tyree posted:

I wonder if Rachelle Leah has some kind of weird contract that immediately activates whenever Arianny is too drunk/coked up to come into work and she has to drop whatever she's doing and hold up a bunch of round cards.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Noooo scotty!

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Martinez is swinging for the fence behind Spot

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

jesus spotty just has never made any appreciable improvements in boxing and footwork through his entire career

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
fight owns

^
e: it is fun as a direct result of the fighters being kinda bad, I think

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

1st AD posted:

I wonder if Rachelle Leah has some kind of weird contract that immediately activates whenever Arianny is too drunk/coked up to come into work and she has to drop whatever she's doing and hold up a bunch of round cards.

nah this is a different chick that looks like a shorter Hurley from Lost

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

1st AD posted:

jesus spotty just has never made any appreciable improvements in boxing and footwork through his entire career

Yeah it isn't good enough for him to get inside for takedowns without taking damage.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

hahaaha that scramble owned, especially spotty just holding onto the ankle as Martinez tried to stand up

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Those elbows are money.

^^^ and more!

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
What a great loving round.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

He better sit down between these rounds now

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
The rocked and wrestling connection

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Spot is consciously not putting both hooks in. When he gets the back he'll put one in, but not the other even if its wide open. Is the rationale to maintain mobility, so he won't end up on the bottom?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Count Roland posted:

Spot is consciously not putting both hooks in. When he gets the back he'll put one in, but not the other even if its wide open. Is the rationale to maintain mobility, so he won't end up on the bottom?

Yes, a lot of wrestlers won't put hooks in so they won't get reversed.

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

Count Roland posted:

This is somewhat common from wrestlers. I don't know the logic exactly other than that they're not as familiar with having hooks in

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Yay scotty

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Cool rear end fight. Glad Scotty got a good win.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Well, that was a good fight, glad I watched. I'm happy Scot won.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

reeg posted:

This is somewhat common from wrestlers. I don't know the logic exactly other than that they're not as familiar with having hooks in

It leaves them in a better position to try another takedown and for ground and pound. It's also a good position for knees to the body.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Yes, a lot of wrestlers won't put hooks in so they won't get reversed.

A lot of wrestlers just won't put hooks in at all. Which makes a lot of sense, especially because people usually guard against the hooks. I don't recall seeing this one-hook-only business though.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Count Roland posted:

A lot of wrestlers just won't put hooks in at all. Which makes a lot of sense, especially because people usually guard against the hooks. I don't recall seeing this one-hook-only business though.

If you're talking about hooking the near-side leg only, that happens all the time.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
The last time I had fun trying to pronounce Lance Benoist was 20 months ago? Whoa. Unfortunately though, the Patolino fight made Voelker my favorite cornfed punching bag.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

If you're talking about hooking the near-side leg only, that happens all the time.

No I don't mean that either.

Scotty there had fully taken the back; he had the seatbelt or other grip, was completely behind his opponent, and had one hook in. He wasn't riding the turtle position; he had the back, just with one hook out. A bit curious.

Oh man not this ref again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Voelker gets beat up by everybody.

• Locked thread