Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
:siren:MOD APPROVED:siren:

Do you like Pokemon? Do repeat plays of Pokemon give you no sense of satisfaction? Well look no further! The Pokemon Universal Randomizer promises hilarious bullshit in the form of twisting everything you've come to expect from Pokemon.
Aside from the seed, not much has changed since the last thread. Like last time, the seed is completely randomized aside from its starters.

Shukaro posted:

What do I need to do to play?
  • Download the Randomizer
  • Grab the Presets File
  • Open up the randomizer, click Use Presets, and plop in the presets file and a ROM for Pokemon Fire Red (The english version is suffixed with (U))
  • Grab the Link-Enabled VBA Emulator. This version allows visceral multiplayer action. (!!)
  • Set your save type to Flash 128k under Options > Emulator > Save Type
How can I trade or battle other people?
  • Uncheck Pause when inactive window under Options > Emulator
  • Open Options > Link > Settings...
  • Set your configuration to Network
  • If you're hosting, switch to the Server tab and hit Start! (You will need to know your IP address, and will probably need to forward ports)
  • If you're not hosting, switch to the Client tab, enter the host's IP, and hit Connect
How can I record my play?
  • VBA has built-in recording functionality under Tools > Record, for more sophisticated recording go here.
  • It also has an easy screenshot key that can be bound to whatever you like.
  • GifCam owns for capturing gifs

So, patch your game, pick your starter, and get to it! Remember, half the fun is sharing the experience with your fellow players! Share whatever you see fit! Sharing pictures and information is highly encouraged.

Oh, and for those of you wondering, yes, there will be a Tournament, with prizes, to close out the festivities.

Tournament date and prizes to be Determined

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jun 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
To start things off, some early incentive.
The first player to beat the Elite 4 will earn any forums upgrade of their choosing!

This post will be used for other purposes in the future.

e: If you grabbed your file before 8:15 PM EST, please grab the new file provided. I had made a mistake with the randomization.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 6, 2014

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Word of advice: Make sure to look out for the hidden items on the map, because there's some good poo poo in there.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

dude789 posted:

So, The Steak of Justice, what exactly does this hack randomize? I've played through a bit and it's very interesting but it's hard to tell what good and what's not. My Dugtrio has the highest defense on the team for example.

Woops! I'm sorry for not specifying.
Types, wild held items, abilities, trainer Pokemon, wild Pokemon and map items are randomized.
Pokemon base stats have been shuffled, so all the numbers are the same as their original counterparts, but apply to different stats. For instance, Dugtrio's speed has apparently been moved to its Defense.
It also turns out I've been playing along on the wrong file. Haha woops.

• Locked thread