Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins?
This poll is closed.
Miami Heat 13 12.04%
San Antonio Spurs 41 37.96%
Nobody because we have to listen to Mark Jackson 54 50.00%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Super Jay Mann posted:

You implied the Spurs style of play caused Lebron's cramps do I even have to explain this? Isn't the absurdity of this argument self-evident?

The Spurs run more than any team in the league and they tire out the other team because they have a deep rotation.

What about this is absurd? We just watched a series where the explanation was repeatedly "Durant and Westbrook are tired".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Bashez posted:

Miami just got done playing two series at an 82 pace.

Team distance traveled in the playoffs: Spurs lead at 17.5 miles with 4.4 average speed. Heat are near the bottom at 15.9 miles per game and 4.0 average speed.

It is a very very real difference. And yes, the Spurs are more talented than the Net, Bobcats, and Pacers.

Bashez on the other hand has traveled 0.2 miles a week, the distance between his moms basement and the refridgerator (several times a day), with a speed of one fedora an hour.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Bashez posted:

Miami just got done playing two series at an 82 pace.

Team distance traveled in the playoffs: Spurs lead at 17.5 miles with 4.4 average speed. Heat are near the bottom at 15.9 miles per game and 4.0 average speed.

It is a very very real difference. And yes, the Spurs are more talented than the Net, Bobcats, and Pacers.

No poo poo, they're less talented. They're not so, so, so much less talented that playing a competent team immediately renders the Heat into cramps without external factors being involved. This isn't like the NCAA where you get a blue chip team running a midmajor off the floor, this is the NBA, in the playoffs no less.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

attackmole posted:

Marco, Timmy, Manu, Mills, Parker and Splitter all grew up in hot foreign countries/islands and were preparing for this game their whole life.

Parker did not grow up in a hot place.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I don't think Duncan's shower took.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Probably Magic posted:

No poo poo, they're less talented. They're not so, so, so much less talented that playing a competent team immediately renders them into cramps without external factors being involved. This isn't like the NCAA where you get blue chip team running a midmajor off the floor, this is the NBA, in the playoffs no less.

The external factor being 30 more possessions per game.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Summing up the game and the A/C issue:

1. The game was close for three quarters, with both teams making bad plays, and good plays.
2. The A/C did affect LeBron James, and his team most probably would have done better with him on the floor.
3. The Spurs were probably also feeling a lot of fatigue from the heat, but having a deeper bench helped them avoid exhaustion.
4. Even in a stadium with working A/C, there is a chance LBJ might have been getting tired late in the fourth quarter.

Do all four of those seem reasonable conclusions?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
deep thoughts *fart*

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Super Jay Mann posted:

You implied the Spurs style of play caused Lebron's cramps do I even have to explain this? Isn't the absurdity of this argument self-evident?

Not playing a single up tempo basketball game since April and then playing one could realistically be a factor in a cramp.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Bashez posted:

The external factor being 30 more possessions per game.

You'd probably have more fun watching baseball

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

glowing-fish posted:

1. The game was close for three quarters, with both teams making bad plays, and good plays.
2. The A/C did affect LeBron James, and his team most probably would have done better with him on the floor.
3. The Spurs were probably also feeling a lot of fatigue from the heat, but having a deeper bench helped them avoid exhaustion.
4. Even in a stadium with working A/C, there is a chance LBJ might have been getting tired late in the fourth quarter.

Yeah. Game 2 will be fun for sure.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

glowing-fish posted:

Yes.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
lol this weird old mustache dude "TALK ABOUT MANOO AND YOURSELF!"

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Vire posted:

Don't you guys ever learn? The heat losing in game one is like someone killing krillin.

oh no what happened to krillin :(

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Bashez on the other hand has traveled 0.2 miles a week, the distance between his moms basement and the refridgerator (several times a day), with a speed of one fedora an hour.

Good one

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
first lebron and now krillin

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Heat didn't play Greg Oden in an NBA Finals game so they shouldn't even be defended really

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
This Spurs dude just comin out totally unapologetic.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Rod calling everyone babies kind of rules.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Terry Glenn posted:

This Spurs dude just comin out totally unapologetic.

That's NBA President of Basketball of Operations Rod Thorn.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The threepeat is going to be so much sweeter because of the stupidity of Bashez, Beadle and Bayless.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That one strap of duct tape on Wade's shirt rules.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

This Deportes guy asks the WORST questions.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Euros don't give a gently caress about AC. Spurs have been playing the long game.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Malloreon posted:

I cannot imagine that with 71 hours between game starts that they can't get the right people in place to fix this. I'm sure they're already working on it.

Oftentimes the longer delays are due to lack of specialized equipment and not specialized people. I think it will be fine for game 2, either way.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
that guy's on the radio, you say

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Olden Polynice taking shots at Lebron James is not cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

Not playing a single up tempo basketball game since April and then playing one could realistically be a factor in a cramp.

I'd be confused as to why this is even controversial except Bashez said it so a bunch of people need to imaginehe's trolling because he's a goofy homer in GDTs.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I don't like either side of this argument especially when nerd poo poo like that slimes its way in

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Hahah stats. Fucken nerds, with their numbers, probably wearing fedoras and poo poo. Not cool like me, an important internet posting man

• Locked thread