Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

"Hey. Sup. Name's Jaree. I got a proposition for ya. Now I know what you're thinking: 'If it ain't mad dosh, liquor or hot bitches of my partic'lar sexual preference, I ain't interested.' Well what if I told ya you could have all three, in a FUCKEN SWEET TIME-TRAVELIN' SPACE CASTLE? Yeah. I'll give you a moment to dry yerself off. It's pretty much perfect, right? Sure beats rottin' in this cell for the rest of your dumb life. Plus, you get to be part of my crew. There ain't nobody but nobody fucks with us. We bounce around time and space, savin' galaxies from motherfuckers who ain't got no game and baskin' in the people's admiration. You gotta work hard to roll with me, but poo poo, most of that work is rear end-kickin'. If you're the kind of badass I think you are, that don't hardly sound like work to you at all. So whaddaya say? You with me?"

-------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the good ship time-traveling space castle Tempus Fuggit! You are some kind of criminal, convict, political prisoner, misunderstood victim of fate, or orbicular S-O-B from anywhere in time - past, present or future. You've been called to become part of something greater than yourself - that is if your idea of greater is more cash than you can imagine and a higher body count than you could possibly rack up on your own. All in the name of a good cause, of course. You're saving the universe!

This is a Skype/roll20 game. When you submit your character(s)*, please include the times that you'll be available. I am available any night from about 18:00 to 1:00 MDT (GMT -6).

*submit as many characters as you like!

Character Creation:

I'm looking for five or six Level 11 characters.
All races and classes are acceptable.
Themes and backgrounds are good.
Use inherent bonuses.
You get three bonus heroic tier feats.
Dragonmarks? No Mark of Storm (or its PP). If you want to do other dragonmark stuff, please talk to me.
RESKIN EVERYTHING (if you want).
Items: One magic item of lvl 12, one of lvl 11, one of lvl 10. Aside from that you also receive your standard starting gold dollars kronar galactic credits money.
***EVERYONE GETS A COMPLIMENTARY JET PACK but its power is an Encounter power instead of an At-Will (it's a waist slot item)***

Character sheets and rolls on Orokos, please.

make up anything**
this is not gonna be a super serious game

newbies encouraged

**I am not all that interested in characters who could exist in a normal D&D game. Go back in time. Go forward in time. Do something different. Just have some fun with it!

Contact

Come hang out in #tempusfuggit, I'll help you out with your characters and also it's fun to chat.
Applications will be open as long as it takes to get a good crew of good people who can all be online at the same time.

Player Availability

Monday: Piell | Kurieg | Generic Octopus | djw175 | Flame112 | TheDemon | Good Username Here
Tuesday: Piell | Generic Octopus | taiyoko | Flame112 | TheDemon | Good Username Here
Wednesday: Piell | Kurieg | Generic Octopus | djw175 | Flame112 | TheDemon | Good Username Here
Thursday: Piell | Generic Octopus | djw175 | taiyoko | Flame112 | TheDemon | Good Username Here
Friday: Hashtag | Kurieg | djw175 | Good Username Here
Saturday: Kurieg | djw175 | Good Username Here
Sunday: Hashtag | Kurieg | djw175 | taiyoko

Wol fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Material Incinerator and Kinetic Exterminator aka MIKE, Tiefling Wizard Combat Android

Datapedia posted:

The MIKE units were designed to be the ultimate combat automaton. In this role they performed slightly too well - the project was cancelled after one unit malfunctioned, killed the entire project team, and destroyed half of the Skyweb facility. Twelve of the MIKE units were scrapped - the whereabouts of the last remaining unit are currently unknown.

Times available: Monday through Thursday, 18:00 to 1:00 (GMT -6)

Piell fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 8, 2014

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Martino Cecilio, The Yaggodfather

WIP
From a dark future where Italy was conquered by mindflayers
Only holds position of power due to the "charity" of his dark gods
Has a fondness for helicopters

Special Training Stuff:
- Spend 2 stacks of Fate of the Void (+4) to make at-wills (Eldritch Blast, Dire Radiance, Hand of Blight) area burst 1 until the end of the encounter.
- Ruthless Demonstration can trigger off a target within 10 squares.
- Crits on 18-20 with necrotic keyword powers

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 29, 2014

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Kriv, the 60,000 Platinum Piece Dragon AKA Dragonborn Hexblade.

Kriv was small for a Dragonborn, hell he was small for a human. His childhood was populated by a series of illnesses that left his immune system ravaged and his body frail. It was only by the grace of skilled doctors and healers that he was able to survive. By the time he reached adulthood he hadn't even gotten his breath yet, though it was somewhat impressive that he survived to Adulthood at all. Since he didn't particularly excel in his studies, and was far too weak for manual labor. Kriv took the only job his skills allowed him, menial data entry.

Kriv got a job at the Bucephalus Arcanotech labs cataloging various magical artifacts that passed by his desk on the way to the research labs where they would be studied, deconstructed, and reconstructed in hopes of figuring out how to replicate their functionality through technological means. It wasn't the most challenging work, but he found it fulfilling knowing that he was doing his part in advancing technology. He hoped that maybe they'd find something that could help other kids that grew up with problems like he had. And his life would have continued like that in perpetuity had fate not intervened.

One of the scientists working on the universal constructor got a little lazy when programming his run, which is not something that is particularly wise when dealing with nanomachines. Rather than specify what he wanted them to do he just set them to 'repair' and tossed in some tools from that day's experiments and went to lunch. Once they were finished with the tools they found a flaw in the UC, which they repaired, then the found a flaw in the table that the UC was sitting on, and so on and so forth until the nanite cloud began roaming the halls of the Arcanotech labs looking for anything in need of repairs, and anyone. In most cases all this did was cause a severe rash and some bleeding as immune system kicked in and began killing off the 'infected' cells, but Kriv's immune system wasn't strong enough, and he differed vastly from the standard Dragonborn template. Obviously he was in need of extensive repairs.

The young clerk writhed in agony as his body was torn apart and rebuilt at the molecular level, when they ran out of mass they began using whatever materials were nearby, mainly the artifacts that Kriv was cataloguing that day including K-5839-B75, a recently unearthed shard of pure metal from an elemental incursion early in planet K-5839's infancy. When the lab techs finally regained control of the situation and sent the shutdown order, the nanites refused since at that point they had completely supplanted Kriv's own immune system and if they stopped repairing him he would probably die.

The process left Kriv stronger, taller, and haler than any Dragonborn probably has any right to be. His biological systems were reinforced and made more efficient. The many artifacts used in his construction meant he literally had magic in his blood now (or the semi-organic metallic slurry that served as blood) and some of the more useful Arcanotech items had been reconstructed wholly within him, particularly a small Eladrin type R Site to Site transporter. Bucephalus was loathe to see so much research potential destroyed and tried to get Kriv classified as an artifact himself or a research subject, but their lawyers pointed out that the accident had not been Kriv's fault and he could technically have sued them for the trauma endured. And their scientists had no way of knowing how to pull the items back out of him and put them back together in any kind of functional manner.

After an initial... adjustment period... Kriv put in his notice and left the facility a happier and healthier man. There was a whole universe out there that his body had prevented him from seeing before. Now nothing was going to stop him.

Refluffing:
Deep Pocket Cloak --> Explanation for how he's able disassemble/reassemble stuff. There is probably some arcanotech involved to explain how he's able to hold many times his own weight and volume within his body, of course.

Armor of Transport, Etherial Sidestep --> Built in Eladrin Teleportation device.

Iron Armbands of Power, Ironwrought Stuff, Eyes of Charming --> He's a cyborg.

Mercurial Form --> He's a nanite cyborg.

Secrets of the City --> If he's in a city he can just connect to the internet, if he's someplace before the internet he can just be sociable I guess. But jeeze would it kill those cavemen to just invent the internet already?

Adaptable Breath/Bolstering Breath/Inspiring Breath -->Dragon's Breath with nanite payload to avoid/bolster allies while weakening enemies

Blade of Chaos, Accurate Rod of Deadly Casting -->K-5839-B75 is stored in suspension within Kriv's body. And can be reconstructed by exhaling it or by simply willing it to assemble in his hand. The rod is probably embedded in his off-arm, can be summoned in a similar way.

Malicious Shadow, Summon Warlock's Ally --> Fires a packet of nanites at the location to create a temporary summoning circle.

Everything Else --> Magic!

Times Available:
Mon/Wed/Fri: 18:00-1:00, Sat/Sun 12:00-1:00 CDT (UTC-6)

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 7, 2014

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Aw yeah, this sounds awesome. I'll throw up a character and when I'm free tonight.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Project Leviathan aka "Ethan", Modified Weaponized Organism (Thri-Kreen Thief)

Ethan is what happens when you mix science with time travel. A group of scientists working for the powerful Parasol corporation searched through the histories of hundreds of planets, identifying and procuring specimens of various apex predator species that could be modified into bioweapons. The project yielded results, though whether or not they were positive depends on who's corpse you ask; a malfunction in containment resulted in dozens of Project Leviathan subjects running rampant through the facility until they were either recaptured or killed by the response teams.

The project was scrapped, and the remaining subjects were sold off to interested parties to recoup the costs of investment. Jaree managed to procure Ethan, a violent bug-like creature made sentient by the scientists of project Leviathan.

Availability
M-Th, 19:00-00:00 (GMT-6)

GenericOctopus on Skype.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Callista "Cal, The Flaming DJ" Evans (Tiefling Bard/lord hybrid)

As a society gets more authoritative, its population looks to any outlets for its frustrations of the system. And then the system tries to clamp down on those outlets. Not by making them not exist, no, that would just raise the risk of a revolution, but by controlling them. Sterilizing the music, emptying the stories of thought, mandating the movies. That may work for some, but not for everyone. An underground of some sort always pops up.

In this case, it was a musical underground with DJs at its head. Twelve DJs rose to power through it, each using their music for something to help the movement. Some managed to weaponize their music, sending hard notes at any government thugs to disempower them. Others inspired their listeners to rise up to attack. No matter what their methods, the Twelve came to represent the movement for better or worse. The Man had its targets, now it just had to deal with them.

Cal was the youngest of the Twelve, although that doesn't mean you should underestimate her. Her nickname came from her fire-red hair, the design on her headphones, and some er, "colorful" stories from her past. To her, the music was more important than any other part of the movement. She put her heart and soul into the music and the audience responded. Her specialty was control, having both enemy and ally dancing to her tune. This made dealing with her incredibly difficult. They eventually realized they had to deal with her when she was alone. Unfortunately, she was very good at blending into a crowd, allowing her to leave her own shows without being followed. Eventually the Man figured out a way to her. One of the other Twelve was offered amnesty if they betrayed her and told the Man where she was. When a veritable platoon of thugs showed up outside her door, she had to go quietly, having no real way to fight back herself. Then, when it looked like she would spend the rest of her life in a lifeless prison, this green woman shows up and offers her a chance.

Reskinning:
Orium Crystal Orb and Shield of Deflection ----> DJ Board
Tactician Chainmail ----> Synthweave Shirt
Cloak of Distortion ----> Headphones

Availability:
Any day or time but Tuesday 8-12 Eastern.

Djw175 on skype

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Sariel Darkwinds, Eladrin paladin of Kord stormchaser

Sariel love storms. And her god is all too willing to tell her where they'll be so she can go experience its majestic fury. Not so majestic, however, is the angry mob who believe her presence means the wrath of their god is coming to punish her (and the town in the meantime). But these towns always seem to forget that no matter the destruction wrought by the storm, anyone who actually takes Sariel's advice doesn't die from the storm. But underneath it all, there's still an unease that comes from killing peasants when they attack her...like she'd much rather take on a worthy and truly deserving foe.

Her sword is as much a lightning rod as a tool of defense, and her armor helps protect her from the storm debris.

I'd say I'm available...Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Sundays, 18:00-22:00 MDT (aka 8-midnight eastern)

(Any concrit on the description is welcome.)

taiyoko fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 10, 2014

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Amoxtli, Githzerai Avenger Eagle Warrior.

Backstory coming tomorrow, probably. Might be changing to an Avenger pending IRC discussion. Amoxtli is now an Avenger.

Amoxtli was born just outside Tenochtitlan, the capital of the infamous Aztec Empire. He joined the Empire's army at an early age, and found that he excelled in battle. After sliced and diced his way through enemy armies on his path up the ranks, Amoxtli became a famous general, leading Aztec soldiers to bloody victories in the Empire's numerous conquests.

Amoxtli dedicated each and every one of his victories to the Divine Hurler, Huitzilopochtli, by removing and consuming the still-beating heart of defeated enemy generals. Doing so endowed him with the strength of many men and divine favor, as well as earning him the envy of many of his fellow soldiers. As one of the divinely blessed Eagle Warriors, Amoxtli would literally fly into battle, engaging the most important targets, mostly enemy generals and priests, deep behind enemy lines, until the rest of his army could catch up to him and overwhelm them. As the Aztec priests demanded more and more blood sacrifices to appease the gods, Amoxtli lead troops to conquer further and further territories. Finally, the time came to invade the Aztec's longtime rivals, the Tarascans.

Amoxtli started one battle against the Tarascans in his usual manner, flying straight into the middle of the largest group of enemies, confident that he could fight his way through them until reinforcements arrived. But when the time came for Aztec reinforcements to arrive, they were nowhere to be found. As it turns out, the Tarascans had been smart enough to study Amoxtli's typical battle plans. As soon as Amoxtli was engaged in combat, another group of Tarascan soldiers ambushed the rest of the Aztecs and forced them to route. While Amoxtli was able to defeat many of his attackers, even he eventually grew exhausted and was finally subdued and captured.

Not only had the Tarascans studied Amoxtli's strategies, they had also discovered the source of his incredible power. As a prisoner, Amoxtli realized that the Tarascans were preparing to perform the exact same ritual that he had used many times before on defeated generals. If the Tarascan general consumed Amoxtli's heart and gained his powers, there would be no hope for the Aztec empire. In his overconfidence in his abilities, Amoxtli had handed the enemy the key to victory. The situation seemed hopeless. That is, until a strange green woman appeared out of nowhere, effortlessly zapped all the Tarascans into piles of ash, and made her pitch to Amoxtli.

Out of a deep shame at almost causing the defeat of the Aztec Empire, and a desire to journey to strange new lands, defeat interesting new foes, and ritually consume their hearts, Amoxtli agrees to leave his homeland and hometime behind to join Jaree on the Tempus Fuggit.

OOC: So yeah, Amoxtli is from a pretty historically 'loose' version of the Aztec Empire where the gods and magic are totally real, and blood sacrifice most definitely has tangible effects. His Githzerai race is reflavored to just be a human, all his Avenger and Reaver abilities are explained by him being a favorite of Huizilopochtli, god of war, the sun, and human sacrifice. His weapon's a macuahuitl (wooden sword with obsidian blades stuffed in the side) no matter what loot he finds.

Availability: Mon-Thurs 6PM-12AM (PDT, GMT -7)

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 11, 2014

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

source

Brock Hammonds, Eladrin Swordmage|Warlock Hybrid Genetically Engineered ULTIMATE BLOOD GOLF Ex-Professional
e: would swap in Accursed Coordination if there's another Warlock in the group

Administered by the Blood Golf Association, the Galactic Blood Golf Tour is the pinnacle of the long-storied sport of ULTIMATE BLOOD GOLF. The mightiest golfer-warriors from around the galaxy struggle to qualify for fifty-two grueling rounds of ULTIMATE BLOOD GOLF. In ULTIMATE BLOOD GOLF, golfer-warriors race to finish the all 18 holes of the course in the fastest time, while of course beating the poo poo out of each other with their clubs and golf balls. Those who fall unconscious or die naturally fail to finish.

Combining the genes of great golfers of the past millennia with the greatest wizards of the past millenia, Nike Galactic sought to create the ultimate golfer-warrior. Not only did Brock Hammonds have the perfect genes, but he was trained literally from birth to become the ULTIMATE GOLF-WARRIOR. After all, who could possibly beat a man who could literally teleport the ball into the hole with one swing of the club.

Turns out, more than enough people. Against such greats as Jack "The Ripper" Nicklaus and the dreaded Tiger Bloodsthirsty, the genetically engineered "Ultimate Golfer" couldn't compete in the frequent and brutal club-to-club combat across the courses and greens of the BGA circuit. While Brock Hammonds was happy enough finishing in the top 10 occasionally, his corporate sponsors demanded alternate ways to return on their investment. And of course, Brock Hammonds eventually took the fall for the resulting match-fixing scheme.

Now, suspended from the pro tour and facing jail time for his match-fixing, Brock Hammonds is looking for new ways to put his ULTIMATE BLOOD GOLF skills to work. And maybe one day make a triumphant return to the Galactic Blood Golf Tour, once he figures out the whole ULTIMATE WARRIOR part of the deal.

Reskinning: pretty much everything, examples:

Disembodied Hand Familiar: Caddy
Four-Sided Caltrops: Golf Tees
Longsword: Golf Club
Staff: Putter
Witchfire: Hitting a golf ball into someone's eye, a classic centuries-old move in ULTIMATE BLOOD GOLF
Dimensional Vortex/Touch of Command: SLICE/HOOK
Well of Shadows: We will see how you will cope now that you must fight on a PUTTING GREEN
Hunger of Hadar: Behold the mighty SPRINKLER SYSTEM
Eldritch Strike: ELDRITCH DRIVE
Arcane Lance: ARCANE PUTT
Purple Dragon Theme: Literally trained as the Ultimate Golfer from birth.

Teleporting stuff: Magic!

Availability: Mon-Thurs 5PM-12AM, Sat/Sun 11AM-4:30PM (MDT, GMT -6)

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 7, 2014

Good Username Here
Aug 20, 2012

~No devil on my shoulder!~

(Source)

(Story to be developed more, basic idea presented here)

The Viridian Avenger, Dragonborn Paladin Mysterious Masked Vigilante!

The one known as The Viridian Avenger is said to have once been a normal law-enforcing cop who's turned to Lawless Vigilantism, after realizing the law in [PLANET NAME HERE] has been oppressing the people. Equipped with the customized gear of an ex-cop The Viridan Avenger has been dismantling the system bit by bit, and has been giving small parts of the planet the sweet taste of freedom! Unfortunately for our hero, the LAW has started hitting back, hard! The Viridan Avenger has been forced off of [PLANET NAME HERE] and forced to seek greater allies.

Reskinning:
Frost Bastard Sword —> Longsword that has power-ranger style explosions on hit
Heavy Shield —> Plastic Riot Shield
Dwarven Plate Armor —> Tactical Plate Armor
Other magic items and similar things —> Riot cop equipment
Dragonfear -> Vigilante Intimidation
Divine magic junk -> Mundane variations of them, more than likely based around justice and freedom and fighting the law or something.
Ranged divine magic junk -> Grenades, of JUSTiCE

Avalability: Any day or time save for Sunday 4PM-8PM PST

Forgot my skype, it's good.username.here

Good Username Here fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 19, 2014

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

taiyoko posted:

(Still very much a work in progress on fluff, but the crunch is all done)

Sariel Darkwinds, Eladrin paladin of Kord stormchaser

Sariel love storms. And her god is all too willing to tell her where they'll be so she can go experience its majestic fury. Not so majestic, however, is the angry mob who believe her presence means the wrath of their god is coming to punish her (and the town in the meantime). But these towns always seem to forget that no matter the destruction wrought by the storm, anyone who actually takes Sariel's advice doesn't die from the storm. But underneath it all, there's still an unease that comes from killing peasants when they attack her...like she'd much rather take on a worthy and truly deserving foe.

Her sword is as much a lightning rod as a tool of defense, and her armor helps protect her from the storm debris.

I'd say I'm available...Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Sundays, 18:00-22:00 MDT (aka 8-midnight eastern)

(Any concrit on the description is welcome.)

Come on IRC sometime and I'll help you make sure your character accomplishes what you want it to do!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Andrej, money loving Merc.

Stuff comes later.

Availabilty: Any day except sunday, but would rather go to sleep early...

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Barador the Feeling, Undead Mastermind

Barador has a history, some could say. He craves conquest and obsesses with ruling over others. Several times, in several dimensions and realities, he has succeeded, claiming huge swaths of land, countries, and sometimes whole worlds, but each time he has been dethroned and stymied. Usually he manages to escape to fight another day, but during one disastrous upheaval, he was cornered and slain. His sheer will, however, allowed him to live on as an undead husk. And so, his plans of conquest continue. During the most recent rebuke of his efforts, Barador was locked away in an astral prison, in the hopes that this space between dimensions could contain him. Barador is patient, however, and knows that his escape is just a matter of time...

Barador's power comes from his sheer force of will, and his emotion spills forth like a flood, empowering his allies and terrifying his foes. Barador knows he was born to lead, but sometimes, one must wait in the shadows and follow orders until the time is right.

tl;dr serious business Skeletor is ready to party

In terms of availability, I'm usually free Monday-Friday 7-12 PST (GMT -8). Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are more preferred, but I can move my schedule around a bit if I have advance notice.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Thanks for signing up, everyone! The party will be:

djw175 as Callista "Cal, The Flaming DJ" Evans
taiyoko as Sariel Darkwinds, Eladrin stormchaser
Flame112 as Amoxtli, Eagle Warrior (Avenger version)
TheDemon as Brock Hammonds, Genetically Engineered ULTIMATE BLOOD GOLF Ex-Professional
Good Username Here as The Viridian Avenger, Mysterious Masked Vigilantie!
Hashtag Yoloswag as Martino Cecilio, The Yaggodfather

We'll be playing on Thursdays. The first session will be Thursday, June 19. If there's anything unfinished about your character sheet or backstory, please have it done by then!

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I did this bc i'm not gonna remember all my poo poo in play, background done when i've slept

oh god why is it so long

pre:
Martino Cecilio
HP: 73/73 (THP: )         AC:   25    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 6/6 (V: 18)       For:  19    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +7   	  Ref:  26    Resists: 10 psychic
Speed: 6                  Will: 26    Vision: Normal Vision

Acro	8	Hist	10
Arcn	17	Insi	10
Athl	4	Inti	17
Bluf	15	Natu	6
Dipl	10	Perc	6
Dung	6	Reli	15
Endu	7	Stea	7
Heal	6	Stre	12
Thie	7

Gear poo poo:
CA vs cursed enemies w/ Shadow Walk
+1 item bonus to defenses vs cursed
+1 item bonus to defenses vs enemies more than 5 sq away
Minor to stand from prone
Fly 2d10 sq upward then fall as move
	Roll 1 on both dice: Fly 1d10 sq random, take 2d10 and stop if collide

Curse Damage: 3d8 (1d8 psychic), max on crit
Crit Mod: +3d10 (Optionally reroll one, must use new roll)
Prime Shot: +1 attack if no allies closer to target
Fate of the Void: +2 to one d20 roll UEONT, cumulative
	Bloodied Boon: Gain boon when cursed is bloodied, remove curse
Starfire Womb: Roll a save against one condition when you deal damage 
	w/ fear or radiant power

At-Will
Ethereal Sidestep (Move)
	Teleport 1 sq
Eldritch Blast: Range 10, +16 vs Ref, 1d10+10
	Use as RBA
Dire Radiance: Range 10, +16 vs Fort, 1d6+10 Radiant, 18-20 crit
	1d6+5 extra damage if target moves closer on next turn
	+4 damage and -2 to attack if concealed from target
Hand of Blight: Melee touch/Range 10, +16 vs Fort, 1d8+10 Necrotic
	+1d8 damage if spend fell might

Encounter
Second Wind (Standard)
	Spend healing surge and gain +2 all defenses UEONT
Ruthless Demonstration (Free) 
	Trigger: Bloody/kill adjacent enemy
	Effect: Enemies that can see you take -2 attack until you're hit by an attack
	or until end of encounter; if you bloodied triggering enemy immediately make 
	Intimidate check to force surrender
Shard Swarm (Move) Cb1, each enemy in burst
	Targets grant CA UEONT, teleport 3 sq
Ethereal Stride (Move) 
	Teleport 3 sq, gain +2 power to defenses UEONT
Unspeakable Bond (Interrupt) Range 5, One willing ally
	Target takes damage from triggering attack, gains +2 power attack
	and +5 power damage UEONT
	You still take additional effects from attack
Dreadful Word: Range 5, +16 vs Will, 2d8+10 Psychic, 18-20 crit
	-6 Will on hit
Glow of Ulban: Range 5, +16 vs Will, 2d8+10 Radiant, 18-20 crit
	-2 to next saving throw before end of fight on hit
Sign of Ill Omen: Range 10, +16 vs Will, 2d6+10
	Target rolls twice for next attack, uses lower of two rolls
	Takes -5 penalty to both rolls
Trust in the Guide Star: Range 10, +16 vs Will, 2d10+10 Radiant, 18-20 crit
	Ignore cover, concealment, total concealment, invisibility

Daily
Dread Star: Range 10, +16 vs Will, 3d6+10 Radiant, 18-20 crit
	Target is immobilized UEONT on hit
	Miss: Half damage, target is slowed UEONT
	Effect: -2 Will (save ends)
Fury of Gibbeth: Range 10, +18 vs Ref, 3d10+10, 18-20 crit
	DC 20 Acrobatics check or target falls prone
	At start of its turn, target makes check or falls prone (save ends)
	Miss: Half damage, make check or fall prone
Crown of Madness: Range 10, +16 vs Will, 2d10+10 Psychic
	Hit: Target uses free action to make MBA against adjacent ally of choice
	Miss: Half damage
	Effect: Target is subject to madness (save ends), until effect ends
	use minor action (starting next turn) to make target MBA adjacent ally

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Hey yo just a reminder we'll be playing tomorrow. Also please send me your Skype details over PM/IRC even if you already did! I forgot to save the info because i r dum

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
No session tonight, hotel internet is hosed and I can't run this from my phone

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

See you guys next week then :v:

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
I won't be able to attend next week specifically, will be able to attend future weeks though. Good luck next week.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
taiyoko and Flame, where you at?

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
This week will be proceeding as planned! Also at some point I will write some stuff in here about the game.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Can't wait...might be a bit loopy though, got some dental issues that mean I'm on some niiiiice pain meds.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Meet the Crew!

---------------

Jaree, Mission Control Officer (and runs the place?). A goblin, perhaps the result of some freakish goblin/baleen whale genetic experiment. Claims to be "one of the good guys", but surrounds herself with psychos and doesn't much seem to care.
Dr. Gordon Heckel, Time-Travelologist. Middle-aged, grumpy, vengeful. Might be your dad. Was in "the war" (which one?).
Dr. Juliette Bear Bier, Time-Travelologist. Not a real bear. Pleasant and chipper, might secretly be meaner than Dr. Heckel. Also knows how to make time-travel tech stop working.
Jen Hasting, Requisitions Officer. Knows how to make lots of things stop working, mostly by hitting them repeatedly or blowing them up. Seems pretty relaxed, knows where to get equipment and how to get it at a heavily discounted price. Tends to get a bit cagey whenever someone mentions traveling to medieval times.
"Dr. K", Hopefully an Actual Medical Doctor. Far too eager to operate on people. If you find yourself under his care, you might end up walking away part-lobster or something. It's all for the best, though. It's all in the interest of making you superior.
The Zookeeper, Personal Trainer. Seeing what horrible shape you're in makes him cry robot tears. You need to eat healthier! You need to lift some weights! You need cardio-vascular conditioning! Fortunately, he's willing to help you out, darlings. With his help, one day you'll be a shining star! He'll turn you into the very epitome of physique!
Gurk, Certified Master Chef in Twelve Star Systems. Is an orc. Likes eating. Likes cheffing. Is a very, very, very good chef. The best chef! Also the best eater, but it'd be rude not to save some food for you.
Reconnaisance Unit 17 "Howlin' Wolf". Has learned just enough about what humans consider "cool" to be truly dangerous, in the sense that listening to him speak is physically and emotionally painful. Is apparently a competent scout.
Skathuktuk. Former owner of The Crawlspace, decapitated by Brock Hammonds. Currently undergoing reconstruction at the hands of Dr. K.

---------------

Non-Shipboard Allies / Contacts

T.H.I.N.K. (played by Poison Mushroom). The new owner of The Crawlspace and a psychic vampire brain-in-a-jar with a robot body. Totally, like, likes to have a good time slaying bad guys.
clubbers. These guys hang out at The Crawlspace. They like to party! Some of them might prove to be useful contacts!
Zichère. ???

---------------

Wol fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 25, 2014

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Dr. Bear is my favourite!

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Disappointed you didn't use a Blade Wolf pic for Howlin' Wolf

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Running a bit behind, I'll be there as soon as I can. Gotta stop and put gas in my car.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Getting "Items"

--------------------

After each session (including right now), you'll have the opportunity to spend some time with one of the main support crew. They can help you improve your abilities.

Jen can get you cool weapons or gadgets, or soup up one of these.

The Zookeeper can train you, either by putting you through one of the hostile-robot-animal-laden obstacle courses he refers to as "The Gauntlet" or by sparring with you one on one.

Dr. K can give you robotic parts, animal parts, or mutate you in other fantastic ways!

Gurk can make you the finest food you've ever tasted. Sometimes it's so good it has magical effects!

Reconnaisance Unit 17 "Howlin' Wolf" always wants to hang out and "pound back some brewskis, dogg" so bad that sometimes you can't help but feel sorry for him. Occasionally you might feel obligated to fulfill the ol' social contract and spend an evening drinking with him. When you drink with Howlin' Wolf, though, you drink to forget.

--------------------

If you're spending time with Jen, the Zookeeper or Dr. K, either come up with an item you want or some other, custom way in which you want to enhance your character's abilities. In the latter case, talk to me itt, by PM, on irc or on skype. We'll work on it together.
The only real difference between the three is flavour.

If you're spending time with Gurk, get some consumables! If you see some consumables that seem interesting but suck, talk to me and we can modify them.

You don't really voluntarily hang out with Howlin' Wolf. Whenever you level up, retraining old options is flavoured as spending time with him. I might also foist him on you if a custom item/benefit we've created turns out to be too powerful.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
A way to get a second immediate action, even just once per battle or day would be great. That'd probably be something reflex based so maybe the Zookeeper could train me to be faster.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Brock Hammonds would like to work on training his teleportation skills. I'd like to have him trying to teleport greater distances in the Zookeeper's obstacle course?

In 4e item terms that means I'm looking for either an Incisive Dagger +2 or an Eladrin Ring of Passage.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
TheDemon - The Eladrin Ring of Passage is pretty cool and not really a massive deal, go ahead and take it.

djw175 - Let's start with: Daily Item Power (Move Action) - Gain one extra immediate action that doesn't count toward your limit of immediate actions in a round. This immediate action must be used before the end of the encounter.

taiyoko - Go ahead and take the Gith Plate Armour. Does it actually have Check -3 though? That's dumb if so, just act like it has Check -2 like your current armour.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Amoxtli would like to do some training with The Zookeeper focused on helping him keep fighting even under disadvantageous conditions. I guess in mechanical terms it would be a "Breakchain Tattoo" or something that lets me reroll immobilize/daze/slow saves or a bonus to those saves. Something like that I guess?

Also, I can't find anything about my Oath of Enmity target having to leave melee range in order to trigger my Censure of Pursuit damage. I think the easiest thing to say would be "did they end their turn further away from me than they started". That also raises some problems though, like what do we do if they charge me from 4 squares away and then shift 2 squares away in the same turn, because I feel like that should trigger the Censure. Got any thoughts?

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
drat, something came up with work that I'm going to have to attend to tonight right away. Going to have to skip tonight's session, sorry. See you all next week.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I'd like something that I could use to gently caress with Fate of the Void; one of my ideas was spending it for crit range expansion, but getting special effects per spent stack is probably less overpowered and cooler.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I have a family dinner to go to tomorrow night so I won't be able to play. I might be able to catch the end of it, but no guarantees.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'll be the pinch hitter this week, so I'd like to introduce you all to...

T.H.I.N.K.
Technological Hero of Incredible Neuropsychic Kapacity

Sometimes, a person is gifted with incredible psionic abilities, able to create powerful forcefields and manipulate emotions at a thought. Sometimes, that person becomes a vampire. Sometimes, that vampire gets beheaded and puts its brain in a suspension of alchemical fluids in a jar, and then attaches that jar to a killer robot. And sometimes, that killer psychic vampire robot's greatest concern with the change is that she no longer has salon-quality hair that she can dramatically flip.

Her name is T.H.I.N.K., and she's here to totally, you know, like, kill bad guys and stuff.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Level 12 Sheet:
http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/6927

For training between sessions, Brock would like to work on his vocabulary of Curses. I don't really know who on the crew that would count to, maybe Gurk knows some good expletives? Whoever that is, in 4e item terms I'm looking for a Quickcurse Rod +1 or a Rod of Corruption +1 or both.

For level 12 I'm taking Twofold Curse and retraining a feat to Protective Hex, so cursing training also makes sense for the level-up. That also means I need to spend a bit of time with Howling Wolf to forget the old feat.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I took Twofold Curse and retained Ulban's Flare to Superior Will, so I guess I'm joining Brock in his curse training!

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

We can trade yo momma jokes until everyone else on the ship gets really mad at us for ruining a perfectly good insult archetype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
With my feat I'm taking Fight On! to give me an extra inspiring word. There's nothing I really want to retrain.

• Locked thread