Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Just blasted through Fargo, holy poo poo that was loving great. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good sit down, serial drama.

Anyone watching Salem? Is it any good? What about Longmire? Anything else decent show up on the radar recently? Most of the stuff I've been watching went off for the season. I've got some Orphan Black saved up to marathon and a few episodes of Penny Dreadful but that's pretty much it.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Forgot to mention I'm also considering checking out Halt & Catch Fire, Silicon Valley, and Turn. How are those?

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 19, 2014

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Manos del Sino posted:

As a Nikita fan, I'm liking Salem a lot since it reunites Michael and Percy. Otherwise it's a fair enough genre show if you're into that sort of thing, with plenty of witchcraft and zombies and demonic influences.

What's it comparable to? Supernatural/Sleepy Hollow or something more serious like American Horror Story? Is it episodic or serial?

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 19, 2014

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Is Gang Related any good? It looks like it's trying to be The Shield, but I dunno the trailer looked a bit meh. Anyone watching it?

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Sober posted:

It's dumb stupid fun for the most part but they didn't really put much effort into the 'double agent' aspect as much as I thought they would until like a week or so ago. It's alright, it's not great. If you have nothing better to watch go right ahead. It's mostly inoffensive.

Hmm, doesn't sound like it should be too high on my list. Maybe I'll finally check out Longmire or Salem, instead.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Just finished marathoning Don't trust the B. It was actually pretty good. Happy Endings and New Girl were pretty fun watches as well. Any related recommendations?

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out. I pretty much never watch comedies since they're generally not my taste (much loved shows like Arrested Development, The Office, and Parks & Rec do nothing for me). But I liked stuff like Alpha House, Community, Silicon Vally, Shameless, Orange is the New Black, Entourage, How to Make it America, Weeds(seasons 1-3). I'm not generally riveted but it's something that interesting to have on while I'm doing something else.

How are Big Bang Theory, How I met your mother, Blue Mountain State, and The League?

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 20, 2014

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
What are some interesting random episodes to watch of stuff like the various Law & Orders, CSIs, NCIS', Criminal Minds, or really any episodic show where you can just watch a random episode and not really miss anything.

I mostly watch serial dramas, but occasionally I'll drop in on something episodic for a an episode or two. I watched a few of the L&O SVU episodes with special guest stars like Martin Short and Robin Williams and those were pretty decent.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Anyone watching Legends or Reckless? Are either of them any good?

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Looking for something to watch. How are Masters of Sex and Strike Back?

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Dec 30, 2014

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Rocksicles posted:

They are both brilliant. Libby Caplan out acts Martin Sheen... and he's no slouch.

Strike back has Fighting, guns, gunfighting, terrorists, sexy terrorists, sex. It's pretty great.

Is Masters of Sex actually interesting? I'm not sure how much I care about the subject matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

thrawn527 posted:

Thanks to everyone in this thread who reminded me that Alpha House is a thing. 2 episodes into season 2 and I'm loving it. Season 1 was good, but this is transcendent so far.

And thank you for pointing out that Season 2 is out. Loved season 1. Off to marathon.

• Locked thread