Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I still don't understand what the demand is for what is essentially Batman Babies. May as well go whole hog and have all the villains living in the same orphanage and taken care of by Commissioner Gordon's disembodied pair of legs.

I would rather watch this anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

I keep seeing the Legend of Korra thread bumping up to the top. What do people talk about in there? I don't want to check. I think anime discussion should go to that tentacle rape forum.

The whole thread is just spoiler tags because episodes from the middle of the next season leaked.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Why would anyone watch out of context episodes? Especially a show like Korra which is heavily serialized.

I couldn't tell you. I should probably just mark the thread unread so I stop clicking on it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sober posted:

I'm sure y'all used that time the forums were down to catch up on TV.

I did! I caught up on Season 2 of Orange is the New Black which I kept not having time to watch.

This season was amazing.

Always so rude.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Continuum is terrible and I regret forcing myself to finish Season 2.

Don't watch Continuum.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think season 1 was really good in almost all ways. But man they ran out of steam so fast, it's really disappointing. Season 2 felt like it had no purpose and went nowhere at all. :sigh:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If you really must watch it, stop after 4.

Even better just stop now.

Even better go back in time and don't start it in the first place.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pillowpants posted:

I'd stop after 5. It has it's downs but it's ending is really the best way to end the series

The end of season 5 is terrible and only looks better in comparison to the later seasons since they managed to be even worse.

Just... just don't watch Dexter. It's real bad.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

I hope everyone in this thread dies. i hope you all die, and are dead. to death.

You made it through two whole seasons, how bad could one more possibly be?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Deadpool posted:

Two more. He's already toxxed for next season as well.

Well yeah but that's drawn out week by week anyone could tolerate that.

Or I guess it could be seen as months of never ending torment, but pfft.

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

I didn't realize one is the same number as two, thanks for that regy rusty

You're welcome!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There hasn't been any word whatsoever as far as I can tell. Probably just quietly cancelled.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It doesn't get better.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Cape was awesome and I was genuinely sad when it was cancelled.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ascension isn't airing until November I thought?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

At first I was convinced it was a hoax too because google wasn't showing anything but apparently the news was released literally minutes ago. It looks like it's true.

:(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

The Piper Perabo show on USA has been running for like 6 years. I'm not convinced anyone watches it.

I watch it.

It's ok.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

How can that possibly not tank she show? I'd think ratings would plummet.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sober posted:

God I remember a year ago we were all expecting both Sleepy Hollow and Brooklyn Nine-Nine to poo poo the bed.

I had faith in Sleepy Hollow from the very beginning. As soon as I saw the trailer I was like "This one's gonna be a winner".

Of course I also thought the same about Almost Human so I'm not perfect.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

Sleepy Hollow was always going to be too kooky to appeal to a wide audience, kind of like Buffy.

Yeah well it got renewed for a second season so nyaah

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BSam posted:

Yeah, as opposed to Buffy which was cancelled after season 1.

I know it was sad, that show coulda been something.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just watched The West Wing episode "17 People" and it is one of the best episodes of television I have ever seen. Just felt like I had to come in here and say that, well bye.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

JohnSherman posted:

Do I have the website for you!
http://seventeenpeople.com

I'm not sure how to react to this but part of me wants to go back in time 5 minutes to when I didn't know it existed.

Chamberk posted:

Yeah that's a really good episode and everything from that to the end of the season is stellar. West Wing was a hell of a show when Sorkin was on his game.

I'd been meaning to check it out for ages but I'd been kinda dragging my heels because until now my only exposure to Sorkin had been the Newsroom and uh...

Anyway WW is real good so far and I am barreling through it at an absurd pace because I just can't stop myself. I understand it supposedly takes a nosedive at some point though.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 10, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah it's really bad.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The thing about the first two seasons is that it tricks you into thinking it's good with British accents and period costumes. But it's still dumb and only gets more blatant about how bad it is as time goes on.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

GreenNight posted:

Luther is pretty great. Also, all four seasons is only like 14 episodes total.

You just made me think I'd somehow missed a fourth season of Luther. :argh:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I do intend to check out The Good Wife but it not being on Netflix is a serious impediment for a show I'm merely curious about.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

It's on Amazon Prime, which you should have anyway if you shop from there often.

I dunno, in the past 2 years combined I still haven't spent as much on shipping as a single year of Prime costs.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

IRQ posted:

You can split prime shipping with 5 people, you won't get streaming unless you're the primary account though. But it's easy to mooch the shipping.

I did not know this. Sounds like something to look into!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alright now I have Amazon Prime so I guess I'll watch the Good Wife... if I ever finish The West Wing that is.

I hope you're happy, zoux.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I couldn't even get through the first season of Twin Peaks...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Castle had a clip show episode 2 or so years ago. That's the only one I remember

E: ^^^^Oh yeah the Office too I forgot about that one.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What even is the point of doing this?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Caveziel is definitely not lead actor anymore, if he ever was. POI is great, watch it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Goodwife update from when we were talking about it a month ago - I've started watching it here and there when I needed a break from The West Wing (still have 2 seasons to go on that) and it's pretty engaging. My favorite thing so far is how all the judges seem to be in some kind of competition for who can be the biggest rear end in a top hat. At first I was a bit concerned because it seemed a bit formulaic (Alicia finds some small bit of evidence that totally turns the case on its head at the crucial moment) but they seem to be finding ways to mix it up with a variety of types of cases, and I'm only 6 episodes in so far. I'm looking forward to starting in on it in earnest in like... maybe another month or two.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Caught up on Agents. Top tier network TV. I can smell Angel on this all over, no surprise Jeffrey Bell is EP, and people like Drew Greenburg are scripting. I wonder what the behind the scenes were like over the season break, because this is pound for pound a completely different TV show that shares a title with whatever premiered last year. There's at least three different concurrent plot lines and one unexpected fakeout every episode, the characters are competent and intriguing, the dialogue is fun and easy to listen to, and the pathos is everywhere. My intelligence isn't insulted at any time, and I can freely recommend this show to people. Psyched to see where they go with this.

A good weekly spy show? Who knew?

I agree with you, it's become one of my favorite currently airing shows.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is the most insane loving news ever and I am freaking out

A Series of Unfortunate Events Netflix Series

(These books were my jam as a teenager)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

raditts posted:

I'm surprised this is a property anyone gives a poo poo about after that movie with Jim Carrey from last decade.
When I read them I got like 6 or 7 books in before I just got too bored of the sameyness of them all to read any more.

You stopped just before they smash the formula and start focusing on the overarching plot and mystery of the series.

That said the final book's payoff is pretty disappointing so if you weren't liking them already you probably made the right choice.

I still loved them and I hope the Netflix series is good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

lelandjs posted:

Not to turn this into book chat, but I remember as a teenager (admittedly older than the target audience, but my taste in media is very juvenile to this day) being very underwhelmed by the ending, but then I realized that was the point: even if there actually is (Book 13 spoilers) some fantastical conspiracy theory that explains why you've suffered the hardships and trauma and everything that's happened in your life, there's no point in really knowing because the best thing you can do is come to terms and make the best of it. Knowing why something bad happened to you isn't what matters, it's what you learned and how it strengthened you and made you who you are that matters. That's a loving fantastic lesson for a children's book to tell, and I wish that Tumblr trigger-warning encouragers, christ, all millennials period, had read the books and understood them. It would make the internet a far more reasonable place.

It's true, and I didn't hate the ending even if I did wish that I could've had all the answers. But what really depressed me is that the very last book in the series is the Beatrice Letters, and the very final secret message and thus the last words I read at the time were Beatrice Sank. :(

Though he's currently got his spinoff series going about Lemony Snicket as a child which are decent and are shedding at least a small bit of light on one of the lingering mysteries.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mo0 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzdRQCnDBlw

This aired on Adult Swim last night, at 4AM, in a slot otherwise marked for infomercials.

It's one of the best deconstructions of television I think I've ever seen, and it's amazing.

It also reminds me that I am a horrible horrible TV show intro nerd. :(

I first noticed something was off when there was a second baby. But then it seemed like it was ending... I wasn't prepared.

That was pretty amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

zoux posted:

What's all this poo poo about Pat Sajak walking off the set of Wheel of Fortune?

It was just him being jokingly exasperated at people making stupid guesses. He came right back.

• Locked thread