Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

SymfonyMan posted:

Well you didn't say he returned in the finale until just now! :colbert: (note I don't actually care just pointing that out)

E: Since we are on LOST. I dropped out the season after the one where the main characters were in cages and not doing anything. Is it worth returning to finish even if I know Jack's dead dad returns (and all the actual real spoilers like the purgatory thing)?

I got really bored that season and it might have been due to the writer's strike that went on at the time stretching the season break out, but I just never came back to the show. I felt like it was moving at a snail's pace. Does the show go pass crawling speed again like it was in season 1?

The back third of seasons 3 and most of 4 and 5 has a cracking pace, because they'd worked out the rough direction of where they wanted to go but weren't locked into actually wrapping it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is there a Flash thread? Seeing some reviews/leaks/spoilers/whatever has actually got me pretty excited for it, even though I'm waiting for DC to use Arrow's greatness as a bait to lure me in and then gently caress up my favorite DC hero somehow because DC.

:flashfact: There is :flashfact:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Anyone watched Cadfael with Derek Jacobi? I remember watching a couple episodes of that a while ago. Any good show set in the (early) Middle Ages?

Years ago, yeah. Read a bunch of the books too. Can't really recommend any shows though, sorry.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Sharlto Copley is a delight. Like, I love the man in the way that people were drooling over Nicolas Cage a few years ago. He's always the best thing about whatever thing he's in so a show with him as the lead is something I can't not watch.

I thought his character in Oblivion Elysium was one of the biggest problems with the film, and his role should have been massively cut down.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 12, 2014

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

Sharlto Copley wasn't in Oblivion.

Or was that "whoosh" over my head something significant?

I got Oblivion and Elysium mixed up.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

There was also some show with Tea Leoni working for a magazine.

And then Just Shoot Me, which wasn't entirely about that one woman, but spent a fair amount of time focused on her.

The 90's LOVED shows about single women working for a magazine/newspaper.

Wonder how much of that had to do with Murphy Brown?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Sober posted:

IMO the finale is proving it'll be lovely (not everything thinks this part though).
Possibly because the episode hasn't aired yet.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Irish Joe posted:

As someone who's never seen a Judd Apatow movie, I don't understand the reference.

Paul Rudd is the lead in an upcoming Marvel film.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

In case you're confused, he's talking about a UK series called Utopia which has aired 2 seasons. It's really great, and it's available through the usual means.

There's also been a show in Australia this year called Utopia, which was also pretty good (if you like low key political farces).

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

BSam posted:

Combine Ipecac Flower with the Pancake Syrup.
Use Ipecac Syrup on the Snakes Head.

But that's the easy bit, now you're stuck in quicksand.

I enjoyed this post.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Ravane posted:

No idea who Christopher Lloyd is, might not be my generation.
So you've not seen Back to the Future then?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Hey, I just finished binging the first three seasons of Arrested Development. What's the optimal order to watch Season 4 in?

Air order. It's not as nonlinear as it was made out to be, and the fan-made chronological edit shows why.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Ravane posted:

My grandma is 59. When I was 14, 8 years ago, she was still elderly to me. 51 is elderly, people in their 50's are old enough to have grandkids, thus 51 is old.

Johnny Depp, Julianne Moore, Sandra Bullock and George Clooney are elderly, gotcha.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

The last few episodes of the first season of Person of Interest make me really glad I stuck through all the procedural mediocrity.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Welcome, friend.

I think if I hadn't been told how good it got I'd have dropped it before those final episodes where it started delivering on all of its potential. I'm fully on board now though.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

The episodes are rough because the writers were coasting; they had a good thing with the Captain America 2 links and didn't bother to fill in enough interesting stuff beforehand. The problem with the show has never been that there weren't enough Marvel references.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

hcreight posted:

The difference with the Cap 2 crossover was that the events of the movie actually had a major impact on the show and gave the show a creative direction to build upon.
They had a decent premise initially. The problem was that they didn't do much with that and that the episodes themselves weren't great.

There are really obvious differences between season 1 and season 2 (Ward and Fitz are completely different characters now, in that they're actually interesting), but fundamentally they're doing the same kind of stories except in a not-completely-poo poo way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

Easy answer? Corporate pressure that Mutant Enemy didn't know how to roll with, combined with the knowledge that anything they started to do with the show was going to be blown the gently caress up by Winter Soldier, thereby limiting their options.
I really don't buy the second part, because I think the problems with the show initially had very little to do with a weak overarching story / lack of tie-ins and much more to do with failing at basic stuff.

• Locked thread