Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
John Oliver really knows how to use that HBO money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lKYPp2Kp6s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I don't know how I feel about Lassiter running this subforum.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Rarity posted:

How's that Game of Thrones thread Annakie? :unsmigghh:

Drama is coming.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

muscles like this? posted:

USA's Graceland is coming back tonight. I'd make a thread but it barely got posted in last year so...

I enjoyed the first season, even though Aaron Tviet never burst into song for no reason! :mad:

A friend of mine sat me down and showed me a couple episodes, and it's pretty good. I'm always wary of cop shows because god drat I am sick of case-of-the-week procedurals. Graceland put a lot more weight on the characters and it kept things interesting. Been meaning to finish up the season, just haven't had the motivation yet.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aphids, actually

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

zoux posted:

So, anybody watching, ahem, Big Smo?

I'm still coming to terms with the fact that it exists, let alone viewing it.

God, I love the image that the AV Club used for its review, though.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 12, 2014

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Justified's theme song is good though so the concept isn't entirely broken.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Mu Zeta posted:

That song is terrible and Raylan would never listen to it.

To be fair, Raylan probably listens to recordings of guns being shot, kinda like whale song.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

muscles like this? posted:

Fox has canceled I Want to Marry 'Harry'

Wow took them long enough to catch on, huh?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
O'Neal is the only guy there who is consistently funny and they don't let him review poo poo.

Truly a shameful site.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Deadpool posted:

From what I've been exposed to from there it seems to just be full of blowhards that take TV way too seriously and over-analyze everything to a ridiculous degree. I understand that's how some people watch TV and I know there's a lot of people around here that do exactly the same thing, but I just personally can't get into that kind of thing. I also don't think it's the worst thing in the world, I just like to tease those that think the AVClub is the be-all end-all of TV review.

To be fair, there are definitely a ton of shows that invite the viewer to do the level of analysis AV Club writers like to engage in. That doesn't apply to, say, Adventure Time, but if I was paid to do it you bet your rear end I'd churn out a weekly essay about whatever I was assigned.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

FactsAreUseless posted:

AV Club used to have really good interviews, but those seem to have all dried up.

It's not really TV-related, but I love the Hatesong feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

raditts posted:

But it taught us such interesting new words!

I imagine latin letters all start to look the same when you've got no idea what the words mean. The malnutrition probably doesn't help either.

• Locked thread