Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Awesome new thread! So I think when Finn and the lump monster had sex i-NO

I'm four episodes deep into Orange is the New Black season 2 and loving it just as much as the last one after a slightly meh premiere. The Jason Biggs parts are so boring and predictable though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wondered how long it would take for someone to do that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Deadpool, for the record, you are one of the best mods this place has had and I am definitely going to miss you running the place. Your challenges were fun without being cruel to the posters they were for and you were always fair that I saw.

Also, Orange is the New Black season 2 is an improvement over the first, which I listed as my second favourite of 2013. It's real great.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just found out Halt and Catch Fire has Kerry Bishe in it and now I think I need to watch it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zaggitz posted:

Rectify is good and the first season is on Netflix! it's only 6 episodes! Watch it!

Everyone should do this!

Also I forgot we have two Veeps this week. That's excellent news.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Brandon Nowalk over at AV Club calling that kid in last night's Game of Thrones "the Kenard of Westeros" gave me a big laugh.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
22 Jump Street hit #1 on opening weekend over here. Please be as cool as us, Americans!

Clone High is one of the only revivals I have complete faith in.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Congrats, Annakie! You'll be great.

and no way Occ stays out of IRC.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
She has the star! Let's go hog wild! *throws a chair*

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh god, Rectify is back in just over a week! I'd offer to make the thread but really precision should be the one.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There are much better reasons to not watch Arrow than "because it's about a rich guy".

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

As depressing as this is it makes me smile that Bob's Burgers was one of the only shows to grow.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I generally quite enjoy AV Club, and Todd VanDerWerff has a lot of good observations when he's not off on one insane tangent or another. But I did laugh pretty hard when a How I Met Your Mother review opened with this:

quote:

Weddings make such reliable sitcom fodder because at weddings, the minutiae of etiquette and custom collides head-on with the chaotic maelstrom of human emotion and the cultural power of a rite of passage.

Random Roles is probably their best regular section.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the show is much funnier and cleverer than that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh rad now R&M is the new show it's cool to not watch. What'll be next? Are we all going to start hating on B99 in September?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There's a difference between just mentioning you don't like a show and basically tripping over each other to mention how they might have liked it but well I thought it was bad, which tends to happen in this thread a whole bunch.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Shows for regular people.

Nah just kidding, I never really got the use of the term 'genre show' either.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Irish Joe for mod.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I know it's not been very long since people last freaked out over Rectify in here, but seriously you all should watch season 1 on Netflix and come join us. It's one of the best dramas in years.

And precision and zoux are right on the money about the ad.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wait, seriously? That sucks! What's a Vox?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Between those two shows this really is a good year for awesome funny female partnerships.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
GreenNight, check out Black Mirror and Silicon Valley.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Watched the British drama Happy Valley while the forums were down and it was incredible. Highly recommended.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

Wilfred comes back tonight if anyone wants to setup a final season thread.

Last night, actually.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

WELP. Two episodes too.

Yep! About to check them out. Wilfred is a neat show but I'm glad it's ending. It's not quite good enough that I can be satisfied just with the comedy side, without wanting the main mystery developed/to find out who or what Wilfred actually is, so hopefully they wrap it up properly.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Butts posted:

I think I need to get around to watching Twin Peaks.

Do it in the summer thread along with MrAristocrates!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I feel nothing but sympathy for the both of yous.

also people who are smug about not watching a certain show are so weird.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Homeland opening is awesome, you jerks.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DivisionPost posted:

DVR'd the PBS premiere of Vicious last night: looked like a sweet little British comedy about an elderly gay couple, played by Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi.

To my surprise, it was created by Gary Janetti, who was a major part of early Family Guy. Should be interesting!

I watched the first episode of that and I could just about handle them being horrible shits to each other the entire time (it is the point of the show after all, hence the title) but not the creepy as gently caress "elderly gay men love young boys" stereotype subtext.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
SuperMechaGodzilla is smarter than anyone else in that subforum though? By a really long way?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
All are better than No Wave, the actual worst poster.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Seconding Nathan For You and Broad City.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Nastier Nate posted:

Nathan For You is unlike anything else on tv. It falls somewhere between prank show, sketch comedy and reality TV but that description doesn't do it justice. Nathan Fielder goes to various small business and offers them creative solutions to drum up business. Every episode is gold, but this is the sketch I would use to introduce someone to the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUY_i5Tco68

Everyone should watch this who hasn't seen the show before, not just xcore.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

Well this show seems pretty ok. I had assumed all CC was doing these days was hot garbage like Workaholics.

People have been talking about how awesome Comedy Central is these days for what, a year? More?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
....not all the time okay

Nah, the amount of awesome new series' that have premiered on CC since the beginning of 2013 has been really impressive when you consider that before then it pretty much had became the Workaholics/roasts channel (that also had Key & Peele).

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I only ever really liked Lucas Brothers Moving Company in ADHD.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Leftovers is pretty firmly in "pretty alright" territory for me so far. Lindelof can't write dialogue for poo poo, though.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ahh yes, I'm sure every goon here exercises 1-2 hours a day

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I didn't like Lost so I'm staying away from The Leftovers. Life's too short to spend it hate-watching.

So far none of the negative things about it resemble LOST in any way other than the characters are about as well-drawn as on your typical network drama so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The slap-rear end sketch is really bad though.

• Locked thread