Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Hey guys, I'm glad this thread is back. After doing the week to week thing for the first five episodes of Orphan Black this season, I've decided to wait until they're all released and binge at the end of the season. This weekly wait thing is killing me. Netflix (and all the streaming services) has completely ruined the way I watch TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Deadpool posted:

Also I'm doubleposting for more awesome news. Vincent D'Onofrio was just cast as Kingpin in the Daredevil series in one of the most genius casting moves I've seen in a long time.

Holy poo poo. That's awesome news. I'm really looking forward to the Netflix series. If they keep up the casting/writer quality, they're going to be pretty great.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Irish Joe posted:

Let's probate words altogether and force posters to communicate like cavemen, with grunts, hand gestures and jpegs carved into stone tablets.

I think all we really need is the hand gestures. Take slap fight to the literal level.

Grats Annakie!

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

OldSenileGuy posted:

"SHANNON WAS STABBED" / "KENNETH IS RACIST" 4 LYFE

Shannon was stabbed and Ward and Mai just went to talk.

Edit: Ward also didn't shoot/shot the dog.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Hey it's not all bad. Scandal and Supernatural gained quite a few key demo viewers. Particularly interesting because Supernatural is starting season 10 this year. But mostly that's a horror show, and hilarious. Whoever renewed Glee for 2 seasons last year must be kicking themselves.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

FactsAreUseless posted:

I accidentally ate at the cafe from Twin Peaks a couple weeks ago.... The coffee was pretty good.

I'm glad you included the bit about the coffee. It's very important.

No, really, that's super cool!

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Ahem.... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! gently caress that's AWESOME news!

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

zoux posted:

Why do people bold the titles of stuff. CD's got that guy who puts the release year after every movie he talks about.

Distinction I presume, and the release year is handy sometimes for films like Robocop where there have been two with the same name.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

zoux posted:

Every. Single. Movie. Every. Single. Time. Jurassic Park (1994).

I didn't say it made sense, just offering a possibility. Maybe they're just really used to citing things?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

MrAristocrates posted:

Any other Superwholockians here?

Wow, I want to punch myself in the face just for writing that.

I watch and enjoy all of those shows, and I want to punch you in the face for writing that.

where do I sign up for that crossover ohgodImsoashamed

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

DivisionPost posted:

Yes, I'm about 8 minutes into this episode and I'm not feeling it, so I did something amazing: I turned it off. I figure it can't bother you if you don't watch it.

By the way, this is happening in the Fall / Dibs thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3634845&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post434466908

Ah yes, the absolutely outstanding quality of Downton Abbey.

Which is a very pretty to look at, overwrought soap opera. Quality. Right up there with the Anime.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Gonz posted:

Sleepy Hollow is so goddamn good. The season finale cliffhanger owned so hard, too.

Season 2 is going to be outrageous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyl95obG0ac

This show makes me positively giddy. I can't wait for it to come back.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

HorseRenoir posted:

Today in "holy poo poo DC slow the gently caress down" news, Fox has made a pilot commitment for a Lucifer series from Californication's Tom Kapinos.

Nope none of this slowing down business. The more of this we can get, the more I'm down. What do you think it'd take for Mark Pellegrino to take on a different Lucifer?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Actually Season 4 of Angel and Season 7 of Buffy were in lockstep as one group fought Ultimate Good and other fought Ultimate Evil. Some really clever dialogue choices reinforced that.

Ahem, actually :goonsay:

There was a direct crossover in Buffy's penultimate episode. Angel brought the necklace he received from Wolfram and Hart for reasons I don't remember to Buffy to help in her apocalypse. He is present and helpful before Buffy takes it and then gives him the half baked cookie dough speech. She gave it to Spike, who as a direct result is brought over to Angel the show.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

bobkatt013 posted:

I hope this means what I think it means

I mean I guess so, since it's been rumored since January.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Well this is stellar news. I'm super pleased to hear this as the only thing I've really missed after cutting the cord has been hbo. The price model will be interesting. I'm guessing the other premium networks will follow suit if/when it's a success.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

zoux posted:

Nerds have a really bad crab bucket mentality and hate to see other nerds succeed at nerd poo poo.

I like Chris Hardwick, Wil Wheaton, and Felicia Day. :shobon:

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

zoux posted:

I like Felicia Day but yeah I haaaate her on Supernatural.

Oh c'mon. "MONTAGE!"

Also, she, a lesbian, is literally a friend of Dorothy's. That's awesome.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

precision posted:

Maybe it is me, maybe I am the one who squees.

Me, too, precision. Me, too.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Pillowpants posted:

Is the character playing Robin also 15-20 years older than Bruce?

Well, if Robin's parents are the same age (or even closeish) as Bruce, I'd really be shocked if that were the case.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

bobkatt013 posted:

But then it would be on the same channel that its rips off! :)

I'd be AOK with a Supernatural/Constantine night on the CW.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

xeria posted:

I've just about finished getting caught up on The Fall, and I don't know if there's ever been a tv show character before that's just made my skin crawl as much as Paul Spector.

Indeed, and not that I was particularly interested in it before, but this role has pretty much guaranteed I won't be seeing 50 shades. It's hard enough to watch that guy in anything else, but Sexy McHotguy will be impossible without serious creepy crawlies.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Shageletic posted:

Aaaalright, a bit hot headed there aren't you? I just said why I'm not too into a particular type of show, and you throw obscure English insults at me?!?!?! Swear like an American why don't you.

EDIT: But the long and short of it is that I'm tired of and uninterested in seeing the murder of women as a concept of a show without actually exploring them as characters in their own right, and the murders actually being interesting in a larger societal/thematic context. That's the crux of it, when there's already so much good TV I'm missing already.

I feel like The Fall does an excellent job exploring women, or rather one in particular. Gillian Anderson is phenomenal and not just another hard boiled bitchcop.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Mu Zeta posted:

What TV show is a shaved pussy

Anything with Howie Mandel hosting?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

PriorMarcus posted:

Is that relationship introduced in the first episode?

Yes it is, and it starts out bad and gets way way way worse.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

PriorMarcus posted:

Doesn't PLL have a supernatural spin-off now? How does that work?

Well it doesn't anymore, it got cancelled. I didn't hang on to PLL long enough to find out, but I'm certain it was stupid.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

zoux posted:

Whoa Colbert's guest last night was Smaug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ftuij75ebQ

Yeah, this is the coolest thing I've seen in a while. Laughed pretty mightily at We need to go back to the gold standard. Rand Paul 2016!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

GreenNight posted:

Series 2 of Broadchurch starts next week Monday. Very curious where they go.

I'm at a bit of a loss considering how the first series ended. I mean, they're both out and done, right? I thought that was the whole point of the ending. Did Tennant's character lie about getting surgery to feel better? Is it going to be revealed the Miller went nuts after the reveal at the end of the first series and started murdering kids herself? Is Rory the Roman Catholic finally going to realize there's something familiar about the way that detective acts?

• Locked thread