Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

So I've been addicted lately to the How Did This Get Made podcast, which is Andre and Rafi from The League plus Andre's IRL wife and great guest stars. It's amazing, Jason Mantzoukas is apparently pretty much in-Rafi-mode 24/7.

e: my go to "trashy reality show" on Netflix is My Strange Addiction. The episode with the guy who fucks his car :catstare:
When I first got into HDTGM in like late 2012 or early 2013, I got hooked and had to listen to every episode they had up (excluding the minisodes) at the time. I think I was listening to those for like a whole week or something like that.

And yeah, My Strange Addiction is loving hilarious. If you ever want a good laugh, just turn on that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've quite often found myself agreeing with Deadpool and thinking he's a great mod, which is way more than I can say about Aatrek.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I watched one season of Lost and it didn't grab me at all. I gave up on the show after that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Congrats Annakie :) I can't wait to see how you shape the post-Deadpool landscape.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Season 2 premiere of Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce aired on Fuse tonight. For the second year in a row, I'm assuming not enough people are watching this to warrant a thread being made for the show?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

hope and vaseline posted:

I didn't even know Big Freedia had a show. Azz everywhere!
Yup :) Season 1 was about her collaborating with other bounce artists, touring in Brazil, publicity stunts at home, her relationship with her mom who had cancer (who passed away in April :smith:), etc.

Season 1's finale almost played like a series finale so I didn't even know if the show would get renewed, but it did!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

So yeah it really sucks how AMC is a huge disappointment now.
Hey, AMC can't be a huge disappointment until after Mad Men's series finale!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muscles like this? posted:

Jon Benjamin has a smallish cameo in 22 Jump Street as the college football coach and I just read an interview with Lord & Miller where they admit that yes, they cast him in that part because of Home Movies.
Hahaha that's awesome. I had a hunch that that's why he was in there but I wasn't sure!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Has H&CF gotten any better after the pilot? That's the only episode I watched and it didn't make me want to watch any more.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rian Johnson directed Fly. There is no way Star Wars 8 and 9 can fail.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

xeria posted:

Rosario Dawson has been cast in the Netflix Daredevil series.
This can't possibly be as bad as the movie, right?

...right? :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BigRed0427 posted:

Just started watching True Detective. Good so far. Just gotta remember NOT to read wikipedia while watching it.
Or the TVIV thread! :haw:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BigRed0427 posted:

Good point. Even just a google search about game of thrones, I spoiled the Red Wedding for myself.
Not because of spoilers, though. Just because the TD thread in TVIV was loving awful for the most part.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

raditts posted:

You can't forget this then, it's one of those rare "things that were funny on Mad TV after the first season."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqE7ZxH7BJE

Although nobody knows what PAX is anymore. Does ION even still exist?
Ahahahaha, now there's something I haven't thought about in years. I remember watching that when it first aired and laughing uncontrollably. MadTV rarely made me completely lose my poo poo, but on occasion it would happen. Here's another example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu3c6hUqMpk
There were 2 of these but I couldn't find the other one on YouTube. I used to watch those 2 over and over again like a decade ago. They just never failed to crack me up.

"I was raised on the dairy, BIIIIIITCH!"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Shageletic posted:

Don't forget this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNMtb18W5RI

EDIT: And Keegan Key Peel sketches too.
:lol: I'd nearly forgotten about that too, but once I started watching it, I remembered the whole thing. Amazing.

Man, why couldn't the whole show have been as quality as those sketches?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bown posted:

The Homeland opening is awesome, you jerks.
YOU'RE THE SMARTEST AND THE DUMBEST FUCKIN' PERSON I EVER MET

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So when does Parks & Rec really take off? I've watched some of the later episodes on friends' recommendations and I loved them, so I figured I'd start watching the whole series from the beginning. I started season 1 and it's like there's a few chuckles here and there, but these episodes aren't nearly as funny as the ones I've seen from later in the series.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aphrodite posted:

Dexter's intro was really annoying after the first time.

And even worse, it led into an episode of Dexter.
After the first season or so, I just fast forwarded past the intro every time I watched it. But then when I went back and watched the show with my girlfriend, she let me fast forward until the part where he puts his t-shirt on over his head and I had to play it from there :shepface:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It was a de-luxe apartment.
It was also in the sky, which is, quite literally, "up".

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my god, Will Arnett as the MRI technician that Leslie gets set up with in Parks & Rec is loving hilarious.

"Can you imagine if you had to spend the rest of your life sipping a steak through a straw?"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GreenNight posted:

Under the Dome returns tonight which I'm sure you're all very excited about.
Heh, last season's finale was where I got off, never to return. I'm interested to see the ratings for this season, though, even though I won't be watching it. Didn't Stephen King write tonight's season premiere or something?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Daniel Tosh came here (New Orleans) on his tour a couple years ago and his very first joke was about Hurricane Katrina washing us all away. I didn't attend the show but several of my friends did.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aphrodite posted:

That's a bad example because most comedians can't improv.

That's why shows like @Midnight are so heavily scripted. And yet Chris Hardwick is not even funny with a team of writers.
Hey now :mad:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Workaholics had one near-perfect season, then a not so great one with a couple of episodes that were way better than the rest, then a mostly great one, then a pretty bad one.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

...of SCIENCE! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efiW2K8gASM

It kind of scares me how much that news anchor looks like a female version of Adam Scott.
Oh dear god, you're right :stonk:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

You mean the anchor was played by Anna Kendrick
Haha, Anna Kendrick looks far more womanly.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hooray! Long live King Deadpool and Queen Annakie! And....King Deadpool's brother OSG!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There's no Drunk History thread, is there? Johnny Knoxville is playing Johnny Cash on tonight's episode hahaha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy poo poo, Nathan For You is twisted genius.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh sweet. I CTRL+F'ed the first page of TVIV earlier and nothing came up. Glad to know there is one though! Thanks!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Thank loving god. Alex Gansa is doing a good thing :patriot:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

raditts posted:

The last Simpsons episode I saw on purpose was the one where Homer and Marge stole Flanders' credit card so they could fly around the world to avoid Bart and Lisa, who stole Flanders' kids' credit card to chase them around the world and catch them in the middle of having sex.

Yes, this was an actual episode.
Why did Flanders' kids have a credit card? :psyduck:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DoctorWhat posted:

Lots of otherwise bad Simpsons (and Futurama) episodes have one or two really loving gut-busting jokes in them because of the "punch-up jokes" strategy. For instance, there's that one Futurama episode about the baby Lrrrs as chicken nuggets that has a handful of really funny bits, like this:

but which is otherwise unfunny and dull.
THEN THE LARGE WOMEN
then the petite women
THEN THE LARGE WOMEN AGAIN

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Its on some "FYI" channel. I wouldn't exactly call that real.
They already posted the first episode to their YouTube channel. I watched it and it was kinda boring. Harley goes to an elementary school class and brings a robot made of fast food burgers for the kids.
Not like this......not like this :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

Today is Dumb Starbucks Day. I'm sooo excited about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFxsXF3DaeA
Me too! I've been waiting so goddamn long to see this whole thing play out.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fateo McMurray posted:

Bullshit.

*googles*

Huh. How about that.

Gonna get crossover episodes with Turn?
America's First Spy Ring That Hates Paul Revere

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sharknado 2 is really loving funny and better than I thought it was going to be. I can't see wanting to rewatch this though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MrAristocrates posted:

Al Roker and Matt Lauer are in a lot of this thing.
The dude that ran the pizza place they were just in was Biz Markie.

There's too many loving cameos to count in this movie so far!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

How Did This Get Made (Paul Scheer, June Diane Raphael and Jason Mantzoukas' podcast) is covering this movie on next week's episode too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"You're just making this up as you go along!" :lol:

• Locked thread