Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

When you first get that bunker buster it feels so loving satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

AFewBricksShy posted:

If we're also discussing games we want sequels to, Psi Ops was loving amazing. There was something very satisfying about being able to take control of an enemy soldier, kill all of his friends and then make him blow his own head off.

I remember the rag doll physics in that game being so much drat fun.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

When I started that quest, I was following Barbas... and ran into a group Thalmor justicars. Who ran into a bandit encampment. And while the bandits and Thalmor were duking it out, a bear roared, announcing that it had entered the fray.

poo poo had gotten serious.

"Mainly because I spawned them all in"

Was usually how I hosed around in skyrim.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Tracula posted:

Not enemy dialogue but the Halo games have always had an absurd amount of dialogue for the marines. I'm curious just how much there is because going back and playing it years later here and there I feel like there's something new that crops up.

There is a loving crazy amount of dialogue in all the halo games
Just browsing this page it's insane
http://halo.bungie.org/misc/dialogue

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Even the cutscenes in general in the halo games would change subtly depending on the difficulty, like stuff that wasn't even important

http://halo3cinema.bungie.org/halo2/14_helljumpersdiff_hd.wmv

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Tracula posted:

Holy poo poo that's awesome. I know I'm a console scrublord or whatever for it but I genuinely love the Halo series (the games Bungie has done at least :can:) and it blows my mind how much detail they put into everything.

It's legit one of the reasons I love bungie and the halo series so much. An insane amount of care and love went into those games.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

The idea of the Joker actually banging Harley Quinn always gets me all :stare:.

Well he gets to ride his Harley

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Crazy people gently caress too you know.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Dead Blue Sky posted:

Also, if you would have told me that you'll be doing LSD with Jimi Hendrix in this game, there's no way I would have believed you.

Welp I'm sold.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

The combat in Destiny is pretty baller. Makes you feel like a real bad rear end while not being too easy. Also exploring one night I stumbled on a level 18 secret world boss at like level 5. Surprised the poo poo out of me.

My favorite small thing though is the loading screens are so loving pretty and sci-fi. Also the game reminds me of those old books and pictures of space ships in the distance, general awesome sci-fi like this:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Smelly posted:

I absolutely love the backgrounds in this game. The Mercury multiplayer map background is my favorite so far.

Edit: Mars is kinda neat too.

I haven't even seen those yet, gently caress yea!

Also seeing a half destroyed ISS in the skies above the moon is cool as gently caress.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Strategic Tea posted:

Destiny kind of does - it's like Mass effect's codex. But for some bizarre reason you can only access it via companion apps/external wikis :shrug:

It's still fantasy in space (:science: LIGHT) more than sci-fi, but honestly I enjoy the balls to the wall space magic. It's a nice change from oh-er-nanites-er...

Bring a literal space wizard is baller as gently caress.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Small thing about Shadow Of Morder I like is that the combat is brutal as gently caress. I like a little brutal sometimes and Talion does it so drat well.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I just love ripping out the throats of orks. Especially that one ork who keeps on coming at me at the worst moments.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Captain Lavender posted:

I can't get over how good they made Halo 2 look in the Master Chief Collection. The cutscenes are really top notch. I love the way the Gravemind looks

Spoilers if you've never played Halo 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOMpggSWe-w&feature=youtu.be&t=29s

Yeah, new gravemind is creepy as gently caress. I always thought he should have looked more lovecraftian horror and they delivered pretty well.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Tracula posted:

The ending of Reach really is a beautiful mix of narrative and gameplay. You're not winning that fight, no matter how long you go. Reach is going to fall and so will you.

It really was one of the best swan songs a gaming company can make.

Also for little things, the longer you lasted in the finale in Reach the more hosed up the HUD got and your visor getting cracked. It was such a bad rear end ending.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Tracula posted:

I had foreknowledge of Reach and all because I was a big enough nerd to read the Fall of Reach novel. To be honest it's not bad and the space battles are actually really quite well detailed.

Don't back down. Fall of reach is pretty drat good. The space battles were really good too.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

Grand Theft Auto 5 takes full advantage of the PS4, including using the controller and its features for cool little things, for example, when the cops are after you, the light flashes red and blue, the same colour as the police sirens ingame, it also changes colour depending on which character you are currently controlling, Blue for Michael, Yellow for Trevor and Green for Franklin,

Phone Calls also come in through the controller's microphone, same as they did on No More Heroes on the Wii.

I thought it was cool as gently caress that they added first person in gtav. And it looks legit well made.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Walton Simons posted:

I always drive cockpit view when I can so I can't wait for that GTA-style.

That's what I'm more excited for. In any racing game I always use cockpit view.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The whole "neon underground" thing is basically steampunk for people who think they're too cool for steampunk.

With all due fairness almost everybody is too cool for steam punk by default.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

poonchasta posted:

Rockstar needs to study the first scene from Drive and base their Wanted system off of it in the next GTA game. I felt like they got partway there in GTA5.

Also it would be cool to stomp someone's face in while inside an elevator.

I just want Rockstar to make Drive: The Game.

EDIT: Imagine driving to a clothing store in game and shopping for scorpion jackets and different stuntman masks.

The modding community will help with that.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

This is my new favorite thing in games.

:allears: so can't wait

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I really love how deep elder scrolls lore can get. Just the idea of dragon breaks is cool as gently caress.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

Same thing with ship battles/boarding. You can swing across on a rope like in a traditional boarding action, or you can have your ship ram it head-on and then leap off your ship's bowsprit (I had to look that up) and do an air assassination on a guy.

First time I did that I felt like such a loving bad rear end.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

That's the small thing I love about skyrim: the really huge picture that's going on outside of the game. I guess you can say the same for the other elder scrolls too.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

The Dragonborn probably won't show up ever again anyway, since you pretty much sell yourself to Hermaeous Mora for power, roll on Elder Scrolls 6 where you get to fight the corrupted Dragonborn though.

"But the Dragonborn is really powerful and beat Alduin!" Tell that to Mirrak, Mora doesn't give a gently caress. :v:

I'm the Dragon born. I've sold my soul to so many gods they're going to have to fight for me, I'm a huge get.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I fully expect we'll never get a game set in Black Marsh, Elsweyr, or Valenwood. Because then they couldn't get away with not putting in the crazier lore stuff, because that's all those areas are. It'd be even more glaring than the rear end pull reason they came up with for Cyrodiil not being tropical.

I would love an expansion for akavir. Snow demon and vampire snake people and like plenty other insane stuff. That poo poo would be baller.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I really loving loved the beginning of saints row 4 especially the best part:
http://youtu.be/cEO7pEw4HoI

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

MrJacobs posted:

Red Faction Guerrilla

Don't know if you can count it as a small thing but that hammer is probably in the top twenty of best game weapons ever.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Can't wait to buy the gently caress out of this game.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

"Them donuts are tasty as poo poo"

Had me rolling.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Let's put aside everything to say how loving good a game Riddick was. The stealth in that game was like ten years ahead of its time.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

It's a gimmicky multiplayer-only title that's retailing at $60 with day-one DLC. That's crummy enough on its own, let alone the fact that last time this happened we got Titanfall, and before that Brink.

This game is nowhere near gimmicky and you seem angry at skins that don't even matter. And since when is multiplayer only games a bad thing?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Ryoshi posted:

Did I fall through a portal to 2005 or are some idiots seriously butthurt about cosmetic DLC in 2015? Jesus Christ.

There is a buttload of idiots mad about this poo poo.

Since when did gamers become such little autists about everything?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Alan Wake is a pretty drat fun game. As a little thing: I've never played a game that matched Alan Wake's atmosphere of dread and oppression.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

princecoo posted:

GTA 5 on the PC has a new Director mode.

It allows you to be and character or NPC from the game, and you can record gameplay then edit it from alternate camera angles or even with a free camera. Add your own soundtrack and music, filters and all that good stuff, then export directly to youtube.

Bonus: Director mode also lets you control time of day, weather and gives you a bunch of literal cheats via an ingame menu (god mode, no wanted level, moon gravity etc) and removes money and gives you unlimited ammo.

The result is a sandbox mode where you can go absolutely crazy and not worry about your cash being lost due to deaths/arrests, and look like anyone you want to.

It's insane how good it is.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

In GTA V one of the heists has you stealing a Harrier jump jet that has an EMP device in its payload and your teammates have jets to defend your escape. Shortly after taking off a butt load of fighter jets come at you. After you kick their asses, on your way to drop off the jump jet, your radio comes on and loving Danger Zone starts to play.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

CJacobs posted:

The best little thing about GTA 5 is that there are a surprisingly large number of clothing items you can put on to make Michael into the most dad dad ever. He's the best crime dad since Payday 2.

My dad sends me pics like this all the time and it's the funniest thing.

It was just a thumbnail link to the actual image, except missing a letter.

Seriously if you don't make Michael look as much like Mel Gibson as possible you're playing the game wrong.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

They put more thought into this than I realised, I am doing a standing ovation IRL about it, that's really cool

Also if your character is running a lot sweat will start to show realistically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Witcher 3

Geralt's beard actually grows back after a while. Though that was cool as poo poo.