Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

In Enter the Gungeon, if you play as the Hunter character, you can pet your dog's head. Mentioned this to a friend who played a couple rounds with me once and kind of forgot about the game, this was all he needed to hear to buy it, hahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Son of Rodney posted:

AFAIK this is really recent and only because the Witter account that tracks if you can pet dogs in video games noted that you can't. The creator saw it and swiftly added it.
I didn't know the history, but I'm glad the creators rectified their shame.

CJacobs posted:

Most importantly, if you pet the dog for more than 20 ish seconds it starts wagging its tail or kicking its leg.

It's true, and a clever touch. I like how many animals there are in this game. About 70 plays ago I had a whole menagerie:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm fairly certain that twitter account is directly responsible for this occurring in a fair few number of games now.

Doing God's work. Few things bother me more in a game then them including cats or dogs and not giving me any ability to interact with it.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

The boss music for Gwyn, Lord of Cinder in Dark Souls is done in only the white keys of the piano, because he's terrified of darkness.

I haven't played the game but that is a really nice touch.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Robert J. Omb posted:

Just received the “Over familiar” debuff in Void Bastards.

I thought it was just a throwaway joke for the specs screen... until I boarded the next vessel...

This game has a weird sense of humor about it. This and the Over formal trait were pretty funny to me fashow.

Torment: Tides of Numenera was full of weird, funny finds. Probably my favorite being an obelisk that shows mostly mundane visions of the future. I wish I could find a screenshot on my phone.