Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

jojoinnit posted:

That little gem never gets enough love. It being stuck behind Origin instead of Steam probably isn't helping but it's really worth checking out, especially when it goes on sale.

My fave little thing there is probably how they use the colour palette to such incredible effect to represent progress. As you liberate Paris the environment goes from black & white to gradual glorious colour.

Saboteur is one of those games I end up picking up again for no reason, and crush in a couple days; being old it also runs smooth as silk on any system I have in my household.

Speaking of Amalur a few pages back, but one of my favorite things is the hilariously unintentionally broken crafting system, similar to Skyrim's. One of my original builds was guaranteed to crit on first hit due to skills and had the following gear:

It kinda made the game unfun when I could OHK the boss characters.

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 12:40 on Oct 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
So the Scooby Doo and FRIENDS games are some stupid noodle-incident-type joke, right?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
No Friends, Scooby-Doo!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

poptart_fairy posted:

Well poo poo, I eat my hat then. No clue why I was only getting the cartoon up for google searches.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nuebot posted:

Personally Oblivion still has one of my favorite character creators ....

False.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qo1Aj_leEo

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
FEAR was pretty boss at being John Woo Simulator 2k5

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Blind Sally posted:

loving what!? holy poo poo, I'm booting it back up right now. this sounds amazing

Careful it's one of those PC games that hasn't agreed with newer PC hardware for some reason

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

codenameFANGIO posted:

The fact that he almost loses it entirely and that is the take they used, is extremely good.

Tim Curry is a treasure.

Command and Conquer is a treasure.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Whooo!

Also watching Tim Curry nearly bust up gets me every time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yMy7JuGpJM

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Monkey God Karaoke Simulator 2012

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nuebot posted:

As far as I can tell, it's mostly ads that cause it to explode horribly. Wikia sites, youtube often and anything else with a lot of inbuilt ads, especially ones that pop up over the content, tend to cause it to lose its poo poo. But since you can't install an ad blocker onto it, there isn't really anything you can do but roll the dice every time you want to look up something.

Modify your hosts file to block ads

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Biplane posted:

Oh, my god. Has anyone seen the intro to Wildlands? It is so unbelievably retarded, it must either be a masterpiece or madness. It honestly seems like it was cooked up by someone with a grudge against the nation of Bolivia, and everybody should see it on youtube. I hope this link works, I'm phoneposting. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dvzv8BAFB24

A Clancy writer with a prejudice against Latin Americans?

Surely you're not serious!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bitterandtwisted posted:

I'm looking forward to SoM2, but I don't have high hopes for the plot. I'm expecting pretty much a repeat of the Bright Lord DLC because what else can they do with that premise?

Helms Deep or Battle of Pelennor Fields combat?

I forgot the timeline of SOM but I have faith they'll do something engaging.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's kinda weird because Jacob is the brawler, and while they have some shared moves and takedowns, his are generally much more clean and efficient. Jacob will plain kill a man as quickly as possible, but Evie will loving dismantle them :stonklol:.

:tvtropes: Male Might, Female Finesse.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BioEnchanted posted:

To be fair it never took much to make moral panics happen. People are idiots, looking to find the next thing to be afraid of. Look how easy it was to turn public opinion on weed, rock music, basically anything parents had an instinctive fear of can be made the new bogeyman. Night Trap just happened to be a game that was way too obtuse for it's own good so most people probably got bad endings and just assumed it was a game about watching young girls die instead of capturing Ninjas.

I for one, thank the ESRB for separating the wheat from the chaff and posting what I was looking for right on the box.

"Oh gently caress this one has graphic violence AND partial nudity! Score!"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

1stGear posted:

Kojima is incredibly bad at time and resource management and Konami eventually realized pachinko made them a lot more money than video games.

Yeah, and Kojima thinks Videogames aren't art, but that HIS are, so it's kind of frustrating to watch a good writer make the same mistakes as David Cage or Peter Molyneux.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Action Tortoise posted:

I'm cautious about Death Stranding. As much of an apologist as I am for Kojima, I think everyone needs some editorial restraint.

Cool Games Inc. nailed it when they were talking about Kojima is handling his first post-Konami gig, almost like some kind of Brian Wilson in the sandbox sabbatical thing. He'll just say he's making a game so that way he can hang out with Norman Reedus.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Baron Corbyn posted:

and lovingly render his butt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiZpMxXE10o

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Gorilla Salad posted:

Game controllers really need to start putting buttons on the underside of the controllers to prevent claw grips and sore hands.

turnways posted:

Definitely agreed; it's one of the things I love about the Steam controller that I wish others would start copying.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZDNNRB8/ref=twister_B00Z8EBXSQ?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nordick posted:

"I've done several playstations" :allears:

God he's just the best.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

poptart_fairy posted:

So in Friday the 13th, you can grab the sweater from Jason's Mother's corpse. If you're a female Counselor you can then put the sweater on and use it to stun Jason - he takes a swing at them and they command him to stop, or use a soothing voice to make him lower his guard. If you're playing as Jason when this happens you hear the Counselor's voice as Mother's, becoming increasingly distorted as the stun begins to wear off.

Counselors never hear Mother talking so it's great they went for that little extra bit of detail.

This is the new FRIENDS FMV game meme isn't it?

e: oh wow it's a real game.

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 02:19 on Jun 2, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
It's important to practice good hygiene
Specially if you wanna roll with my team

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

VanSandman posted:

I know this is being nitpicky, but why would you wish someone to lose their job? They gotta live too.

That's getting off light. They oughta be in prison.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
My favorite response to that

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-04-metal-gear-solid-5-quiet-kojima-ashamed

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
That's a thing in my wife's Impreza and her mother's Honda CR-V and they're hardly state of the art.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Somfin posted:

No, that one's a real one. Male libertarian tech fuckheads are genuinely a major reason why the games industry is so thoroughly weighted against actual developers and in favour of the guys who are already established.

Reminder that Poptart Fairy was a gamer gate "devil's advocate, just asking legitimate questions" type in another game thread so he's probably baiting a derail.

Actually I can't remember anymore but it would take someone being pretty obtuse to not know that tech dudes are broadly all for libertarian utopian futures.

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 10:30 on Oct 19, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqTpHhaKtL8

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Have fun with your Ubisoft DRM cooking your CPU

quote:

In a statement to Ars Technica, a Ubisoft spokesperson said bluntly that "the anti-tamper solutions implemented in the Windows PC version of Assassin’s Creed Origins have no perceptible effect on game performance." The spokesperson added that the game "uses the full extent of the minimum and recommended PC system requirements... while ensuring a steady 30fps performance."

Those recommended requirements do suggest a relatively beefy Intel Core i7-3770 processor to run the game at "High" video presets, though Ubisoft says a Core i5-2400 should be able to run the game at the "Lowest" level. 

I seriously want to play but lol.

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 20:32 on Nov 2, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

What kind of knock off F.R.I.E.N.D.S bullshit is this?

It's... something.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Agents are GO! posted:

The ending made sense: Booker DeWitt/Zachary Hale is a monster. In every timeline that followed from his baptism, his existence was a net negative for the world. Where he remained DeWitt, he lived a lovely dissolute life where he ended up selling his daughter for gambling debts. Where he became Hale, he wants to destroy the world because it doesn't meet his standards. In addition, killing the one Hale you do near the end of the game is literally meaningless, because there are countless more versions across the timelines ready to unleash Armageddon. The only way to prevent this was to go back to the point in time where Zachary Hale was "born" - the baptism - and prevent it by drowning DeWitt.

I really liked the symbolism of the intro with the raffle. You are literally offered the chance to cast the first stone to kill an interracial couple with baseballs (America's Pasttime!) No matter if you choose to participate or not, it doesn't happen.

Yeah I didn't have too much of a problem either.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Heavy Rain was real bad. At some point David Cage was showing off a scene with the reporter character where she goes incognito into some dance club. Supposedly he was trying to show how powerful and independent she is, but his commentary on her actions was suuuuper creepy.

Woolie in Indigo Prophecy Finale posted:

Your lovely rear end garbage loving game doesn't have the balls to be original, David Cage. The worst piece of poo poo you have ever made turned out to be a rip-off. How does that make you feel? You gently caress! You hack!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Flinger posted:

That's perfectly in-character for Ocelot

Yeah that's the worst character for that argument.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Kit Walker posted:

Yeah, Satan is Law and Lucifer is Chaos. They go with the biblical interpretation of them being two entities, with Satan basically playing the role of God's executioner.

Not to get too pedantic, but I love my Apocrypha and demonology: Satan and Lucifer are complicated in the Bible, not least by the fact that there are several rewrites and translations. Neither of them are explicitly unique nor synonymous.

People get Lucifer equaling Satan because in Revelation 12:9 it is written "And the Great Dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan," and in Isaiah 14:12 it is written, "How you have fallen from Heaven, Lucifer son of dawn! You have been cast down to the Earth..." However, this was in the context of an oracle of a dead king of Babylon, who is not identified. It only became a common practice in later Christianity to refer to Satan as Lucifer.

In fact Jesus and John the Baptist were both referred to as lucifer in Latin texts, meaning "Morningstar" or more accurately "light bringer". :eng101:

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 10:09 on Apr 19, 2018

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BioEnchanted posted:

Just beat the Bolt game on the PS2 - it's really fun although unpolished (haven't played the 360 version, didn't know that there was one). It has a lot of level variety, and towards the end gets quite tricky at times, and there are a lot of enemy types as well. it's cute and fun and all the powers Bolt has are fairly satisfying to use. It's also not too short being 7 hours and 20 minutes long. Penny also gets to break up her stealth sequences with a hacking minigame that's a twin-stick shooter. Yup, Bolt did it before Nier Automata.

Please never stop.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08I4UCKsA8E

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Lobok posted:

So disappointing that Inquisition was a downgrade in this regard.

No word of a lie, I wish almost every game had programming like this and Dragon Age. And not just to make companions more useful (tolerable...) but to try out letting your main character just go on auto-pilot and see how good your algorithms are.

I never played Origins, I came in at DA2 and really missed the combat from that game in Inquisition. Totally setting up my algorithms and then picking up slack was my main way to play.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Len posted:

Family Video finally had God of War in stock so I rented it today. Just got into a fight where I caught fire and this happened.

"Father you're on fire"
"I'm fine it will pass. :black101:

*Checks date*

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bewilderment posted:

For me the best part of West of Loathing is that right as the game begins you can read a book of silly walks which enables the Silly Walks option in your menu.

And it's not just one single silly walk, there's like ten to twenty different silly walks that your character cycles between every ten seconds or so. I was walking around and chuckling and then I straight lost my poo poo when suddenly I started ice skating.

There is a speed-runner that inspired a title change, because every speed run up too that point just included the silly walks, as they added no time to the established route; but when they goon found a new route that couldn't include the silly walks without adding time.

The title was something along the lines of "I optimised the run by refusing to have fun".

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Lobok posted:

DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sorry, that's just a reflex of mine whenever someone mentions Daytona USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWnzfA9AqrA

I love listening to the original composer singing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
... what? There's just enough articles missing to make this indecipherable to me.