Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

The reload animation for the rocket launcher in Battlefield Hardline
http://zippy.gfycat.com/RespectfulHilariousAfricancivet.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

grittyreboot posted:

-I like the idea that everyone thinks the Protheans were this infinitely wise race that ruled the galaxy by being the most awesome. Then you meet Javik, who tells you that the protheans were an unbelievably brutal people that enslaved every weaker race.
It is a loving crying shame that javik isnt in the base game they hosed up bad making him day one $10 dlc

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Heard a story while I was working at Gamestop years ago about someone trying to return Metal Gear Solid because every time they pushed X on the main menu it would back the out to the title screen. They just needed to push O.

Edit:

Bogmonster posted:

I was working at GAME when MGS2 came out, and we did a midnight launch for it. Around 1am as we were locking up, this really angry dude comes in complaining about how he cannot get past the menu screen so it was obviously faulty and we had ruined his evening by selling a faulty disc, etc. We loaded it up on the demo PS2 and it turned out he didnt pay attention to the little "Press O to continue" detail and was just pressing X furiously, thereby returning to the previous menu over and over.

I mean, yeah its a bit weird that pretty much every other PAL PS2 game used X as the confirmation button, but you would think he would have maybe tried other buttons before storming back to the shop and complaining.

Hah!

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

BGS is pretty much correct - look up "maru" and "batsu" and you'll see that it's pretty standard in Japan for a circle to mean "Correct" and X to mean "Incorrect".

Well the whole reason why there are shapes on the Playstation controller is so that it would be understandable by anyone regardless of what language they spoke. So O would be yes or accept X would be no Triangle would be head movement or camera and square would be a piece of paper for menu or inventory.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Part of the reason it bugs me is because he's three times as good as I was the first time I played, so it's totally unnecessary. He's really never gotten stuck on anything yet.

Obviously it's just a game and it's his choice to spoil everything, I just think it's a choice that's very evidently going to make it a worse experience.

It may just be that the whole discovery aspect isn't their cup of tea you know. Like maybe they're just really into the whole combat expertise thing. While I agree it's wrong but that would be if I'm the one that's playing it. Like how so many people hate spoilers there are a few that like knowing whats going to happen ahead of time.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Monster Hunter 4U and more in the series have you hunting monsters and keeping track of them as they run around the map is done by tagging them with a paintball or paint round. There's also this hot air balloon above all the maps which one can assume would be how your keeping track of the monsters. Well if you forget to tag the monster or it wears off and the monster runs off and you cant find it you can look at the hot air balloon and use the wave gesture and the person on the balloon will look for the monster and mark it on your map for you if your lucky.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I remember in Knights Of The Old Republic one of the Dark Side speech options after listening to one of the old Jedi's rambling stories was somehow like " I hate you and I hate your stories old man". I would pick it even playing as a Light Side character just because it was so funny.

Any game that gives me the equivalent of gently caress this gently caress you is going to get picked no matter what the consequences. I played through The Old Republics Sith Inquisitor campaign as basically Eeyore the dark Jedi playing an overweight sad at everything Sith who would spare everyone he could only to just massacre the poo poo out of every third quest giver was a very fun experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

timp posted:

There's only one park per map...? There's Park land and there's Not Park land, no competitors

In one of the sequels it was added don't know if it was 2 or 3 or it was a different amusment park simulator game.