Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Devyl posted:

Two words: Testicle shots.

Lemme add a word to that: Hitler testicle shots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

cowboythreespeech posted:

Whaaat that's awesome. I need to do a run with 1 INT soon.

It's not worth it in NV imo. I did it recently and there are only a handful of special interactions. 90% of dialog is exactly the same, and sometimes you have 'dumb' responses right next to normal ones in the same conversation. If you want a fun dumb character, take INT 3 (that's the boundary for dumbness checks, I think) and low scores in all technical skills, and then fail every skill check you get.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

My favorite thing little thing in PoE is how all the garbage backer content is clearly marked, so you never have to pay attention to it.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I love how in the 2015 GOTY, Car Mechanic Simulator 2015, there's an entire hidden gamemode if you think about how the game works for a second. Sure, you can play the boring way and buy mint condition parts from the shop and just replace the broken ones and collect your pay. What you also can do, is find creative ways to scam your customers and turn their cars into deathtraps. For example, if you get a job to replace, let's say a brake pad, instead of buying a new one from the parts shop, you can just switch it around with another less damaged brake pad in the same car. Or, if you have two identical or similar cars in your shop, and let's say one has a damaged suspension and the other a bad engine, you can just switch them around and collect money for both jobs. As long as you fullfill the specific requirements of a job ticket, and the car's overall condition doesn't fall under some specific treshold, you can pretty much do whatever you want. And even if there's no option to earn your pay by just switching stuff around and you have to buy them from the shop, you can keep the junk damaged parts in your inventory, and just swap them one by one as you go on doing other jobs.

After a while, you get the option to literally build an entire car to sell off, made completely from parts stolen in this way, if you want.

Truly, art imitating life.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Not really. From a pure gameplay perspective you just get a ticket telling you which parts need replacing and that the car's overall condition can't fall under a certain percentage. How you achieve that is left to you. But once you figure out that it's possible, it's pretty fun thinking of ways to stuff as much junk in a car as you can get away with.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

That's a shame, but still pretty neat. Been thinking about getting the game myself for a while but I don't know anything about engines, despite enjoying the idea of tinkering, so. :v:

You don't have to know anything. It's actually more like a puzzle game, where you take things apart until you get to the part that needs changing, and then you put it back together again. I found it's a good game to chill to while listening to podcasts and stuff, with the added benefit that you might actually learn something about engines. I think I even might have got it, because I saw a gameplay video on youtube with the McElroy bros a while ago (so I'm guessing it's on Polygon's channel somewhere, if anyone's interested).

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

In Metro 2033, when you go to the library looking for a plot thing, one of your npc bros finds Roadside Picnic on a bookshelf and says something about how it 'sounds familiar' :v:

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

So another Metro 2033 thing, this time from the second game Last Light - near the beginning of the game you get to the metro station under the Bolshoi Theatre. It's a short intermission where you can stock up on weapons and ammo and move on to your next assignment. There is actually a small theatre set up in the station that you move past, it's completely irrelevant to the rest of the game, but you can stay for a while and watch the performances. I was surprised how long it goes on for - there was a cancan dance, a mutant tamer, dude with an accordion, dude with guitar, fire show, two musician dudes together and probably more, but I left after that. All of this with unique animations and music that I don't think were used anywhere else, as well as a voiced announcement before every performance.

Pretty cool break from crawling through mutant- or nazi-infested dungeons, desperately fighting for life.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

FFT posted:

looks like I'm reinstalling Alpha Protocol

only played through it once and don't remember clowning around much

Solice Kirsk posted:

Might I suggest playing as the goon favorite "shotgun rear end in a top hat?"

This, or pick the Recruit start, always take the recruit choice, and just do the stupidest things you can think of

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

drat, every time someone posts about Alpha Protocol I get the urge to replay it and try something new. I got something like 6 playthroughs going for different routes and there are still things I haven't seen.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Witcher 3 has seriously my favorite moments in games ever. The entire Ladies of the Wood questline was amazing, the Whispering Hillock, Johnny, Forefathers' Eve, getting drunk with my sad witcherbros and putting on a dress. Polish VA is usually trash in games, but here everything was on point. Also loved the little epilogue you actually play after defeating the big ugly whatever.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

MiddleOne posted:

The different epilogue's really save what would have otherwise been the lamest ending ever.

Yeah, after the climax I was bracing myself for a huge disappointment, but then the actual ending was about saying goodbye and it was perfect (got the one where Ciri becomes the Empress)

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

yes, you can completely ignore the sex scenes with ins anely hot and cool sorceresses if ur a little bitch babby

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I like how in Hand of Fate the dealer comments on every thing you do, from equipment choices, your playstyle, giving you hints on bosses, to even the amount of real time that passes between playing the game. Feels very organic, he'll even call you impatient if you click through the event cards too fast.

Also, there's an option in the settings menu to turn the spider on/off.

Pretty great little game overall, it's on humblebundle at $5 tier for 10 more hours.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I'm liking DOOM a lot because it's actually's a relaxing collectathon that pretends it's a shooter

My only complaint is that the game doesn't really tell you how many demon guts you have collected. I guess it's a throwback to the early days of gaming, where you sometimes had to take notes with an actual pen and notebook.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

You forgot about the skatehoverboarding

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

My favorite little thing about Disco Elysium is that it's probably the best written game in the history of games.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

theHunter: Call of the Wild - for something that I expected to be a shovelware eurojank simulator, drat is it pretty. Really beautiful environments, probably the most realistic foliage I've seen in any game. Also very good bird sounds, crickets, it's really the perfect chill stroll through a forest simulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

There's only one thing that would make me want to play the new Just Cause - did they bring back the excellent car-tumbling-down-a-cliff physics from 2 complete with metal particles spraying in all directions, or is it still the same floaty unsatisfying bullshit from 3?