Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I'm catching up on the thread and this post on Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 and this video inspired me to go play Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 for a while. I get a few random jobs to replace bad steering, suspension and gearbox parts and replace some guy's battery that died, and then on the next job which asks me to change the oil, I replace all his good parts with the lovely ones from the previous jobs including the dead battery, change the work and the job is completed successfully. It's just silly that they didn't check for this.
The very first job asked me to replace the brake pads on the front wheels, so I just swapped the brake pads from the rear wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Screaming Idiot posted:

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE JUST ONE loving UNIVERSE WHERE AD COMPANIES AREN'T JIZZING THEIR FILTH OVER EVERYTHING FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

bewilderment posted:

And then joined the local catpeople outlaws, a condition of joining being a part of the catman leaders harem.

bewilderment posted:

and is pulled back into this abusive relationship.

Does the questline say it's abusive? Different culture, different morals, different outlook on life.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Ugly In The Morning posted:

FFXV’s fishing mini game is goddamn addictive.

e. thought you said XIV.. this post applies to XIV
Yeah, the audio cues are great. That hefty wood bending sound when you've hooked a whopper, and then the extra loud ding on an HQ catch before you even see it's HQ.

FFXIV's crafting/gathering professions, especially with the shadowbringers updates, are great examples of how to do crafting/gathering right. Instanced gathering nodes that noone else can see, generally in a tight grouping/triangle of 2x2/3 for each type, that one can farm endlessly if they so desire. And with the crafting, there is a palpable sense of progression as one gets better gear and more skills to approach different types of craftables.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

In the Division, shooting an enemy partway through their grenade-throwing animation makes them drop it right at their feet, which is fun

Is that what happened in this video? Stumbled across it a few days ago.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Dyson Sphere Program is a Good Game, and it's things like this that make me love it even more. In Factorio, something like this would require a few underground belts to cross the others. Not here; I can just go vertical like in Satisfactory and go over the other belts then back down. There's even two splitter variants that make it easier (one with the upper level in line, one with it at a 90 degree angle).

Why, yes, my mecha is standing on one of the splitters. Factory parkour is cool and fun.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

The Lone Badger posted:

You play as a palico scout, tasked to get reconnaissance data on all the monsters and their interactions with each other.

The ultimate open world stealth game. I would play the gently caress out of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Multiplayer games with PvE are much better when pvp can be opted into. Valheim is excellent for this, as the pvp toggle solely affects whether you take damage from other players.

Seems RDR2 (and probably some others) could greatly benefit from a similar option.