Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Someone all over in D&D in the middle east thread had this to say about ISIS declaring the creation of their own Caliphate.

quote:

Baghdadi can neither produce documented descent from the Prophet, nor does he control both Mecca and Medina. According to CK2 mechanics, this declaration of Caliphate is invalid.

Crusader Kings 2 is the best game. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

kazil posted:

If you hate the bonewheels in DS2 then you don't have a soul.

I sure don't because thanks to them now I'm hollow. :argh:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

1stGear posted:

Keith David is playing himself. Its Keith David as Keith David.

What I'm saying is that SR4 owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51OztTj9r5M

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BottledBodhisvata posted:

The part in the first Kingdom Hearts (the only one worth playing) where, near the end, you go through a door and find yourself flying in some dark place. You approach a huge mountain and suddenly Night on Bald Mountain starts to play, as red eyes gleam, and Satan unfurls his wings for a sweet boss fight right out of Fantasia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCEDfZgDPS8

That was the most from out of loving nowhere thing in that entire game for me who had never heard about Fantasia. Just bam, Satan out of a volcano. :iia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2A4NnWRXrY

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Destiny has simultaneous kills in multiplayer when you both smack each other dead like Halo did.

A lot of people hate these but I find them hilarious every time.

The unintentionally best part of Halo multiplayer.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

So The Sims 4 added a new "emotions" system to the series, where instead of just being in a good mood or a bad one like previous games, different events can add points to one of like 14 emotions, and whichever one is dominant gives your Sims new animations, new ways of interacting with other Sims or objects, etc.

If your Sim is in a confident mood, they can "pee like a champion."

LIKE A CHAMPION :911:

I think I might need to play a sims game for the first time in 10 years. :stare:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Smelly posted:

It's hardly a little thing but the Nemesis system in Shadow of Mordor is absolutely fantastic. How you fight the Uruk-hai captains affects what their weaknesses are. Say you take out a captain by burning him, the next time you see him he'll be burned and could potentially freak out over fire.

It really makes this game a lot of fun.

Dying to a grunt has consequences as well, they'll move up the chain of command. They can also taunt you and walk away instead of dealing a killing blow.

Wow, I didn't even know this game was even a thing until I saw this post, thanks.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

No, stop, I need to save my money and Smash Bros comes out in a few hours.

No you don't. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBFy8neoWPI

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

HairyManling posted:

Alright, the thread has convinced me that I need Shadow of Mordor. There's really nothing else I'm very interested in until Bloodborne releases. Hoping there's a digital download available since I'm too impatient and immature to wait until tomorrow. Off to check PSN, this better be as good as you people are making it out to be.

Just a heads-up, the game is like 40GBs so I hope you have a good internet connection. :cripes:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Doctor Bishop posted:

Is it like with Wolfenstein: The New Order, where they deliberately bloated up the game's files with junk data as an "anti-piracy measure" (more like anti-consumer measure, really) or is it more like Metal Gear Rising, where they just decided to leave a bunch of assets completely uncompressed for some strange reason.

Uncompressed up the rear end I'd assume. I feel like that mech-game that Microsoft released in spring opened up the floodgates on releasing games with assets entirely uncompressed.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

My favourite thing in Shadows was when I first got died to some random grunt 5 minutes into the game and he gets named "the legend". I just knew in that moment that I had to get him all the way to the top. :allears:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Art imitating life, Shadows of Mordor delivers on the hard-hitting political commentary. :golfclap:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Croccers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvC9d6VQwOo
All hail the roast beef.
Watch out for outbreaks of baked beans too.

What the hell is this game, how have I never heard about this before. :psyduck:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Small Frozen Thing posted:

I'm pretty sure he can't eat anymore. Full-body cyborgs in MGS use nutrient gel pumped directly into their organs. :spergin:

Uh, what organs? Aren't they just a spine, a pair of eyes and brain beneath the robot body? :confused:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Tracula posted:

I guess there's a time or two in Spec Ops: The Line that has that happen where there's a rather blatant option but you could do something else that's a little less obvious. Such as when you encounter the crowd that beat/hung one of your squad mates. The obvious choice is to fire into them but you can also put some warning shots over their head to have them scatter.

Or you could have stood there and died for your crimes. :can:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

In Xenoblade Chronicles the main character's weapon, the Monado, is an energy blade that can cut pretty much anything, but in an early cutscene it's revealed that it just bounces off of other people. This isn't really a problem for most of the game since your main enemies are monsters and evil robots. Midway through the game, however, there's a sequence where you're attacked by assassins. If you have the main character in your active party during this segment, all of his attacks will do 1 damage to them, and they'll bounce off the assassins as though the attack was blocked. Just like the cutscene showed, the Monado won't work on other people.

What's neat about this is that aside from the 1 damage, there's nothing during the sequence to explicitly remind you of this plot point. It's on you to remember why your attacks aren't working, and change your strategy accordingly.

Have you just now gotten very far into the game or something? Because the Monado being unable to cut people is a major plotpoint towards the endgame.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

"Telltale Games will remember this" :haw:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Convex posted:

Deus Ex had a great version of this.

"Ok, I'll help you, but only if you kill my boss."
"Already did."
"...what? Why?"

Haha what? Where does this happen?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Samfucius posted:

I am guilty of not beating a lot of games. I am also guilty of beating games with a lot of replayability only once. I've beaten Dark Souls 1 and 2 three times each.

I've beaten Resident Evil 4 nine times on three different systems.

My girlfriend thinks I am insane.

I've beaten the original Devil May Cry 7 times. :hfive:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Flint_Paper posted:

Yup. It also covers them sitting stock still and staring in fascination at absolutely loving nothng. For ages.

I can't loving stop laughing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Tracula posted:

Actually you wanna know my favorite loving thing about MGR:R?

I have friends who agree with Sundowner and Senator Armstrong. It's a good filter for people I can file under "I will never take any of these people seriously ever again."

Armstrong I can at least kinda understand but Sundowner? :staredog:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The Darkest Dungeon, a treatise on the un-regulated labour market.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kavak posted:

I download hunger/thirst mods because what I really want out of life is an ultraviolent version of The Sims.

This is what every game aspires to be.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

haveblue posted:

One of the first things I saw in Demon's Souls was what was obviously a drop into a bottomless pit with a message in front of it reading "TREASURE AHEAD".

You forgot to mention the 500 blood drops which show you people jumping down said pit. :v:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Walton Simons posted:

I keep bouncing off CK2 even though I liked Victoria 2, but this thread may just convince me to give it one more go. Mostly I just worry that I'm leaving stuff unchecked and will fail horribly.

Get the old gods DLC and start out as a viking king, that is the most newcomer friendly start from my experience as the marrying and breeding game takes a backseat to raiding heathen christians. :black101:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

aardwolf posted:

Guess what? Deadly Premonition is on sale at steam for two and a half bucks. If it isn't completely terrible I am going to be extremely disappointed with you.

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/deadly-premonition-review/1/

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Nuclear War posted:

In 'this war of mine' I just had my guy hide while a girl was taken away to be raped, just so I could steal some planks and half-spoiled meat from a supermarket the bad guy was guarding. Not sure how I feel about that

You could have easily jumped him when he turned his back, bashed his head in with your fists and taken his assault rifle. You both objectively and morally made the wrong choice. :v:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Crane Fist posted:

But then your dudes get sad about killing a man and mope around all the time

I think the rapist is like the one case where you get commended for killing someone.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lord Lambeth posted:

That was added in a patch, I'm pretty sure. You did originally have to go through 3 loading screens.

Yup and it was loving insufferable. The stronghold in general was just a gigantic waste of time at release.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Has the developer of Gunpoint done anything else since? I remember it being a 1-man operation.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

On the other hand, the fortress.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

The best part of this is everyone around town starts giving you compliments about how good you look.

Including your mom. :v:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

chaos rhames posted:

Undertale gives you complicated narratives decisions to handle. Such as how to date a skeleton.

Shame on you for not including an image of his dating outfit.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Chinaman7000 posted:

When it grows up you can pet it all the loving time. NON STOP.

Things not worth getting Kiefer to voice: lengthy introductions to key characters, discussions on plans and mission objectives

Things worth getting Kiefer to voice: Petting a dog, shooting a rocket fist

I see nothing wrong with this.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I absolutely adore how almost everyone here has settled in for what I can only call "barbie-pink" as the color of their helicopter. :allears:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

To retroactively justify why RAY has roar in Revengeance.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Nuebot posted:

This ventures into the other topic's territory, but I'm still kind of disappointed that like most moral choice games, there's no real neutral ending in Undertale. If you're neither a saint nor the most evil monster in the world, nothing loving happens. Here's your credits, bye.

Dog ending. :colbert:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

Which part are you referencing? The conversation with the bitchy frienemy? That's the only one that sticks out to me as being a long series of choices that has an obvious goal, but I didn't bother trying to game her responses. I figured that if she wasn't going to take my advice, she can get hosed. I stand by my decision. :colbert:

I can't figure out if this was a serious response. :psyduck:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The Bee posted:

I wish you could take a first and a last name from the list, so Seth Rollins can take the wastelands by storm.

Fuckface Assface would be the only acceptable combination. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Pancho Jueves posted:

Someone mentioned your Fallout 4 character saying things like "Sure" "I see..." and "Go on..." when you're advancing a conversation. After drinking, this changes to, "SING IT BROTHER!" "eeeeeYUP" and a sassy "MM-HMM!" I discovered this while one of my companions was telling me their sad life story.

Nuebot posted:

Well time to turn my character into an alcoholic.

Uh yeah I think this is pretty much mandatory now. :stare: