Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Yeah I'm gonna hop on the Mordor lovetrain too. It's great.

Played for about 2 hours today, killed some captain called Dharg The Mountain. 10 minutes later I'm interrupting some Uruk slave train and loving up some other captain, when goddamn Dharg butts in to get his revenge, taunting me about how I "thought he was dead". So, I beat him down again. 15 minutes later I'm out just killing some random orcs, and who shows up again? My new friend, pissed off and planning to pay me back for his new scars. Another beatdown. 30 minutes later I'm doing a Power mission where I interrupt some captain's event, and I'm sneaking around behind a tent, hiding in a bush. Guess who strolls up to me, super pissed? So now I'm fighting 2 captains, and a bunch of underlings, but I still give Dharg another beatdown. He falls to his knees and it zooms in on him and he just says "The Mountain...crumbles." and I buried my sword in his face. I hope he's dead for good because drat, that's a great way to finish that "story".

So yeah, play this game, destroy mountains.

edit : fixed names

RubberLuffy has a new favorite as of 02:24 on Oct 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Rough Lobster posted:

I've never played the game but drat I love this sentence.

Okami HD comes to xbone ps4 and pc in December so def check it out

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Morpheus posted:

I was legitimately disappointed that you don't get to lay some smackdown while playing as Haruka, and instead have to do dance battles. Don't get me wrong, enjoyed those (song was catchy as hell, gently caress, was humming it months after I stopped playing), but I wanted to beat up some teenager assholes as an unassuming young lady. Possibly with Kiryu looking on approvingly.

Haruka is a nice polite young lady and would never piledrive a man's face into the pavement and then stomp on it.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I'm really amazed at how well Risk Of Rain made the jump from 2d to 3d with the sequel.

RoR2 is fun as hell, even though it only is out in Early Access

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
the world by the time NieR Automata takes place has had like 3 apocalypses

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

el oso posted:

A couple of of my fav little things for NieR:Automata:

YoRHa doesn't seem to actually stand for anything, despite the specific capitalization (same with NieR - it's a stylistic choice)
The language in the songs is completely made up

it stands for Yo, Really Hot androids

Also I'm loving the Replicant remaster/remake/version upgrade. Combat feels so much snappier than it used to. And I think BroNier fits the story being told better than DadNier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Kept falling into an open manhole in TMNT Shredder's Revenge

10/10 game, thank you.