Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

snergle posted:

Alot of that was in ffxi to. not the sitting but the casts were different per bait. Is xiv a minigame of beating the stamina of the fish as well thats heavily botted because you make crazy gil?

Nope, mining is botted more because you need crystal shards for crafting anything so people do that instead. The fishing is just cast lure -> wait until the message pops up you caught a fish -> hit the reel in button once. Nice and easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
I love the devs making Darkest Dungeon. They put their contact info on steam for people to report bugs, so I thought I'd send in a few quick screenshots of things that were bothering me on some of my runs. Within 2-3 hours they replied and explained why some of the problems were happening, and didn't know why the others were so they put in tickets to the support guys. I apparently even managed to do something they didn't think possible or was uncommon enough that they ripped the youtube video I made of the glitch and thanked me.

Considering all the failed kickstarter projects I've backed where the devs gently caress off the second they got their money and released something I'm really enjoying this. Between this and Shadowrun I might start investing in kickstarters again.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

She's a greasy little poo poo without any character development who constantly whines about the rich and emotionally blackmails you if you're in a relationship with her.

On top of being a manic pixie girl from the 90's-early 2000's where she just screams random things out and hopes something sticks. She's also, hilariously, a huge loving racist who hates elves and demands you denounce all elves if you are one despite being an elf herself which nobody points out yet lambastes Solas and the others for.

Judge Tesla posted:

Well the Rich are mostly made of poo poo people who deserve to be thrown into a volcano in the DA series, so for me, Sera is the best party member.

This is also the series that has a quest named "The Final Solution" made up by a crazy templar to murder a bunch of crazy blood mages which the devs have said are supposed to be some sort of gay allegory/metaphor. Oh and the elves are supposed to be like slaves but not "real (black)" slaves, they're supposed to be white jews.

The DA series does not have good writing if you look at it any deeper than face value or dumb sex jokes being screamed at you while you transverse open fields.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Alouicious posted:

sera also throws a "BOY TRANS PEOPLE SURE ARE poo poo AYE?" line in the middle of a conversation out of nowhere, which leads to nothing in particular and just exists to be offensive

To be fair the game has the only non-important but still has a name and isn't a shopkeeper trans character explain MAGICAL SEX CHANGE SURGERY to the player. Why yes random friend, do inform me about your reasons for not wanting to transition as a trans person in this game about people cutting open their necks to summon meat monsters. The whole game's treatment of the trans issue is pretty baby's first tumblr post about trans rights.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Tiggum posted:

Did the prostitutes in DA:O have any gameplay effect? I couldn't figure out what, if anything, they were supposed to do, or why they were even in the game.

In the second game you had to pretend to gently caress a prostitute to get close to a blood mage and murder her. You pretty much had to visit the brothel and try to get it on, and one of the sex workers was a female looking elf with the stereotypical gay male voice.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Kalos posted:

Pillars of Eternity: In the year of our lord 2015 has finally made tanks useful in "real time with pause" gameplay. Any melee character is able to "engage" a certain number of enemies at which point they have to fight that character or get crazy attack bonuses against them while they disengage (rogues and the like obviously get some tricks to disengage at-will). Also: you can't clip through other characters and the maps give you enough choke points to exploit the poo poo out the previous fact. I've yet to find a single situation where a shield wall keeping the enemy in-check for my arquebusiers to pump volleys into them isn't foolproof.

You don't even need more than one tank - Eder suited up can literally hold 3-6 enemies all at once on his own without his endurance going down, taking any sort of hit or letting any pass. Throw a barbarian or suited up cleric behind him (or at the other side of the group if you're getting flanked) and just forget about him. I've literally had my entire party get wiped out, endurance and health wise, and it still takes a good 2-5 minutes for him to get finished off.

He is the tankiest tank I have ever had in a party and I love this game for it. He can't hit anything worth a poo poo, his damage is crap and he's useless other than waddling in and standing there.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Kanfy posted:

This may also be caused by a bug that causes follower stats to inflate if you save and load your game in the area you recruit them in, mind. It makes Edér practically invincible real fast. There are a couple of bad bugs like that but like I said in the game's thread, massive games like this will always have something slip through the cracks so I don't really buy into the "Obsidian game" jokes this time around, for the most part it works real smooth.

It's not perfect but it's legitimately an excellent game and probably Obsidian's best one to date.

I've geared him to the teeth so I really doubt it's a bug doing this and not every single item slot being packed full of magical items and +fine/+constitution gear.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Ryoshi posted:

Do any of the Tales games have a likeable cast? I'm burning through Hearts R when my 3DS battery dies after several hours of delays at the airport (NOT THAT I'M BITTER OR ANYTHING) and good god it's like they tried to make the worst characters possible. The other ones I've played are Symphonia and Xillia and they're both pretty similar although not to the level of Hearts R.

Actually, I take that back, the main characters Kor, Hisui and Kohaku are unbearably bad as is that dumb painter girl, but the old man and the wandering merchant lady who are clearly fed up with their poo poo are okay I guess.

The battle system is great, though.

Tales of Phantasia.

Yeah, it's super old, but the art, battle system and somewhat generic story holds up. I played through the snes version several times in my life and I really enjoyed it. I did not enjoy any of the updated versions since they cocked up the art and a lot of the mechanics but eh.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Lord Chumley posted:

They do. Buy a game and then it goes on sale the next day.

Buy it and D4 anyway cause Swery deserves money.

Please don't buy D4. Don't make the same mistake I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En260goftmI

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

He also just lifted quite a few things directly from Twin Peaks.

A few things? The entire game is just his fanfiction love letter to twin peaks with some shoddy combat thrown on. It was wholesale ripped off. Then he made D4 which rips off DP.

As stupid and weird as the other not related to swery "D" series was it was kinda neat that they used the same "digital actress" though. Wish game series did more like that.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

I really love the design of the Amalgams, both for being really creepy* and for blending existing enemies together in such a way that you can immediately recognize its components and figure out how to tame it based on your encounters with its individual parts earlier.

*especially the one that was super obviously an homage to Giygas' true form from Earthbound.

That's not really a "homage" when it fully rips it off in the exact same way without adding anything new to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

umalt posted:

I cracked open my copy of the Witcher 3 yesterday, and the first thing that you see when opening the game is a thank you note from CD Projekt Red saying thank you for buying the game; that also outlines their philosophy in regards to DLC and patches (I.e. it should be free to all players).

It's nice to see developers being earnest and appreciative of their customers. It almost makes me want to go out and buy more of their games just because of it. :3:

They're not. The developers have one of the worst ratings on job sites for not paying their employees, ripping people off and being a horrible place to work. They even wait weeks to months to pay people because they wait until the exchange rates are in their favour.

https://www.glassdoor.ca/Reviews/CD-Projekt-RED-Reviews-E644250.htm

It's unfortunate too since they seem to be really pro-player, then turn around and poo poo on all their staff.