Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kazil posted:

Madden et al. :v:

that's Glendale you fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

carry on then posted:

Mass Effect 3 has a mission or two that basically turn everything you know about the history of those two factions on its head. It's really great.

you mean the mission with the really hamfisted "THE GETH ARE SWEET INNOCENT BABY CHILDREN, THE QUARIANS ARE DUMB RACIST GENOCIDAL IDIOTS" stuff?

haveblue posted:

Did anyone ever figure out the exact, reliable steps for making peace between them rather than having to kill one faction off? Last time I paid close attention to the game that was still somewhat of a mystery.

do basically everything right in Mass Effect 2, and destroy the Geth Heretics in Legion's loyalty mission instead of rewriting them

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

People really like it when sequels intentionally deconstruct stuff from the previous games so long as it's a sequel by Obsidian. Otherwise they complain that it isn't internally consistent and is hamfisted and came out of nowhere.

does your dick ever get chaffed, it must be pretty fuckin raw for all the masturbating you do about how much you don't like Obsidian, unlike those other goons, heh

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

demon's souls is harder anyway

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

poo poo this isn't the can of worms thread

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

goons punching way above their weight class

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

gamingCaffeinator posted:

Kanji in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is the best goddamn thing. I mean, he was in P4 vanilla, but I love him even more in this.

"Oh my gooooood, he's an albino Shiba!"

i wouldn't call an entire character a little thing, but I'd definitely call Troy Baker's performance in this game one of the best of his career

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Its not Troy sadly, but the guy does a drat good sound-alike job.

I could hear that a bit, in that case it's Matthew Mercer, who is probably a vampire or something who's been feeding off Baker to gain his voice.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cleretic posted:

He's been voicing Kanji since the second half of the anime's dub, and most people didn't even notice until Arena Ultimax.

Nah, Baker was back for Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Golden. Mercer voices him in Q and Ultimax.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Now that Nintendo has figured out that they can get somebody else to make a game for them and then slap a coat of Nintendo paint on it and rack in the nostalgia bucks Dynasty Warriors Only This Time You're Link And Uh The Buttrock Is Now Zelda Songs I Guess is only going to be the beginning.

And what's the deal with airline food?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

PJOmega posted:

What lovely politics?

Bill Willingham's wiki page posted:

He describes himself as "rabidly pro-Israel" and says that Fables "was intended from the beginning" as a metaphor for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, although he argues that Fables is not "a political tract. It never will be, but at the same time, it's not going to shy away from the fact that there are characters who have real moral and ethical centers, and we're not going to apologize for it."[5]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

no I'M too cool for this thing well I'M EVEN MORE too cooler for this thing i swear to loving god i'll cut you if you think i'm not too cool for this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dad Jokes posted:

In Fallout: New Vegas, there's a holotape you can find in Boulder City near an NCR corpse that mentions several names of soldiers, like Jeffery Hui. If you look at the nearby memorial for NCR troops that died there, you can actually find their names on the memorial's model.

You can also find names of people who are related to other NCR characters you find in Vegas, like Lt. Gorobets.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Having read some of the leaked design doc, I'm pretty interested in Burning Springs.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kavak posted:

What was the totally insane stuff, again? AFAIK the only big concepts they took were Caesar's Legion and the area around Hoover Dam being in the game. One of the earlier drafts had the Chinese caricatures from Fallout 2 being nuked by the Enclave, and I'm sad they took that out.

the climax of Van Buren involved flying into space to the death ray satellite of the main bad guy evil scientist dude

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there was also something involving a ghoul scientist trying to create "born ghouls", as in ghouls who were never once human and later ghoulified by radiation and instead created pre-ghoulified.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

COLONEL, WE MANAGED TO AVOID DROWNING!

Who What Now posted:

I've never really noticed Raiden having a lisp, myself. :shrug:

Quinton Flynn has a pretty noticeable lisp in all of his performances, not just when playing Raiden.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Brothers is great when you play it with someone rlse on one controller :3:

like playing co-op Cookie & Cream

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the majority of video games have bad writing

the majority of books, movies, tv shows, and plays also have bad writing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

Remember a few years ago when indie gamers used to make fun of big games for being unfinished and over-using zombies, and now every other indie game is an unfinished Kickstarter/Early Access game about zombies.

no i don't tell me more this is blisteringly interesting and original conversation

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

no no, games are fart

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

I can't say I honestly enjoyed any of the Saint's Row game.

thanx 4 letting us know

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lotish posted:

Wasn't there another moment in one of the Tell Tale games where the text said, "You should remember this."

Tales From The Borderlands makes a bunch of jokes with it. The "You should remember that." one comes up when a character tells you that the thing he hates most in the world is people lying to him (right after he kills a dude for doing so).

At another point, if you slap Shade, it pops up with "Shade's face will remember that."

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cid the Silver Fox, they call me

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Vaan and Ashe have near identical stats so yea you could roll with whomever, Ashe, Balthier and Basch was my go to squad and they cleaned house.

if I'm not mistaken the entire game was meant to be Basch, Ashe, Fran and Balthier till they decided to add Vaan and the blond girl.

the higher ups at squareenix told them they needed teenage protagonists so that the target audience had someone to relate to

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Are they the Boots of Blinding Speed? Not only are you fast, but you're actually blind, as well.

no there's a guy who's like right outside the starting town who falls to his death in front of you and on his body is a Spell of Flight or something and using it slingshots you way up high in the air and you die the same way he did

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TontoCorazon posted:

There is a buttload of idiots mad about this poo poo.

Since when did gamers become such little autists about everything?

1968-

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sometimes when you're spoiled it's fun looking for foreshadowing that leads up to the thing that you already know happens

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sera also throws a "BOY TRANS PEOPLE SURE ARE poo poo AYE?" line in the middle of a conversation out of nowhere, which leads to nothing in particular and just exists to be offensive

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there's a reason Sera is the only party member in the game who has the option to tell her to gently caress off and leave the party at any point in the game you talk to her, even during her recruitment quest

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Len posted:

How does transgender even come up in a game about killing goblins/dragons/bugbears? Don't you have more important things to do than worry about the bits people have?

this may blow your mind, but in most bioware games you talk to people

a lot

(by most I mean the only exception is MDK 2)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CJacobs posted:

The same way it does in every other video game that's "sensitive" (read: pandering) to that kind of thing: There is no logical reason for it to ever come up without the player character directly asking about it so they instead have the character go out of their way to mention it just so the devs can go "look our game is PROGRESSIVE" as if transsexual and gay people just go around yelling about how transsexual and gay they are all goddamn day; so to ACTUAL gay (me) and transsexual people it just ends up being more insulting and the message is lost while straight white men and women applaud the game for being inclusive.

these poorly written gay and trans characters just can't stop talking about how gay and trans they are BY THE WAY HAVE I MENTIONED I'M GAY

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kimmalah posted:

There's also a guy in Freeside who speaks complete gibberish whenever you talk to him, unless your intelligence is really really low. Then he speaks very eloquently. :v:

are you not confusing this with Fallout 2 where this actually happens, as opposed to Fallout New Vegas where it doesn't

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Detective Buttfuck posted:

http://youtu.be/FyWypcG8A2U

I had to look it up. Still finding stuff in this game.

well i'll be hosed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I thought of that, but since the Borgias are your antagonists you spend comparatively little time with them - they're Assassin targets, which is fine because that's the point of the game. Palling around with every notable pirate and founding father in existence, not so much. Even the Macchiavelli segments did seem a bit much to me, but I think Brotherhood was the near-perfect balance, and also the best AC game. Black Flag was the best overall game in terms of gameplay (because ship combat owns), but that's because it shouldn't have been an AC game to begin with. The Assassin/Templar story was almost completely ancillary.:

you also have Leonardo da Vinci as your own personal Q, stop pretending 2 wasn't exactly the same with historical figures

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*scientist man with glasses and lab coat walks up to podium* we've decided upon a new diagnoses tool for autisms. *opens slideshow containing austrian mook's posts* billy do you find these points reasonable and thought out

YAH

*begins writing furiously*

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

gently caress poo poo billy is starting to overload cover the slides cover the loving slides

also

Austrian mook posted:

the music is 10/10 as usual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GepZ5hM3nTw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"actually i think you will find this garbage game is not garbage because I like it"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

No it isn't. The writing is awful from a technical standpoint, it's just significantly worse in plot because it's just a wholesale rip off with weird poo poo thrown in to try and give it personality, and even though Alan Wake's combat is repetitive it controls amazingly fluidly, the use of slow-mo is great, and the actual weapons are satisfying. Deadly Premonition's gameplay, combat sections AND town sections is beyond loving awful. It is literally a heinous unfun chore to experience in order to get to some okay quirky characterization in over long cutscenes.
Wake at least has a sense of pacing, and its tongue in cheek nature is far more subtle and less obnoxious than DP's. Wake also just has an interesting narrative mechanic while DP, besides its odd storyline, is just told in the most boilerplate dull rear end loving way.

Being strange isn't enough to actually be "good" narratively or gameplay wise. Wake is a little more straight laced but its actual plot, hammy as it is, is still far more innovative and better told.
SWERY's newest pile of over indulgent garbage on the Bone is just further proof of this.
I never understood the love for that game. It's completely unplayable trash that doesn't even run right half the time with a plot that isn't nearly as in-depth as people make it out to be.

*pulls sunglasses off face coolguylike* what do you clowns think this is... a thread about liking video games? i'll show you fuckers. you are going to regret the day you messed with me you bitch assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MindlessHavok posted:

I once found a box that had "Gwen's Head" in it. I think your character yells "WHATS IN THE BOX?!?" But you also get an achievement for it. Can't remember where the hell I found it though.

It was during the Top Gun mission but I wasn't able to find it on other playthroughs.

it spawns in a cardboard box every time you enter the Dust. the box appears in a random location on the map though.