Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Man, I was perfectly happy not knowing that there was even potential for another Mercenaries sequel, but thanks to this thread, I now know exactly what we missed out on with Mercs, Inc. :sigh:

drat it, I always end up loving the games that are doomed for failure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Anatharon posted:

My favorite little thing in Phantom Pain is that Phantom Pain is apparently coming out on Steam. :woop:

Metal Gear is my favorite little thing in games. :swoon:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Inzombiac posted:

As a society, we've come a long way from fully textured horse anuses.
I refuse to accept this statement until the release of The Phantom Pain. :colbert:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

LoonShia posted:

Can you make them sing a specific one, though?
Essentially, yes. I think you can just double-tap the directional pad, and they'll skip over to the next song and cycle through the list until you get the one you want. A bit obtuse, but hey, it's better than nothing! :D

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Combined with the fact that there are no face codes like in Mass Effect, and that your character won't stop fidgeting every three seconds, so good luck trying to match any sliders by naked eye! :argh:

I hate that character creator so goddamn much that it physically hurts. Not to mention that the entire prologue of the game also has weird lighting, so you have to get all the way through to Haven in order to see what your character will look like for the other 99% of the game. The Black Emporium literally cannot be added fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

McDragon posted:

Also there's a mission where you have to rescue a guy from your old base. He's gone crazy and he hits you and runs away whenever you try to get close. I found the solution completely by accident, but I should have known. Wear a box and he's like "Big Boss, I knew you were alive!" and then you can extract him. I liked that.
Once you have the speaker upgrade for your iDroid, you can also play "Love Deterrence" on it to calm them down from a distance. :eng101: