Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
To add to the Deus Ex: HR chat, I loved the tech guy's office. Posters of motorbikes, CRT monitors stacked to make a bridge - Obviously small touches, but it's the small touches that really set up someone as a developed character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Slime posted:

I once started as the captain in a nuke round. As soon as I heard there were syndies I ran to genetics, got myself turned into a monkey and hid under a table with the disk.

Love the shades

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Hydrocodone posted:

I really enjoy voice acting and lines I like get stuck in my head for YEARS. .

'Dunlop! Git that weapon loaded!'

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Perfect Dark sounds like the perfect FPS that I never played.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Lord Lambeth posted:

New Vegas was up to the gills with really excellent character writing. My favorite is the surgeon you can encounter in Novac who barely knows what she's doing.

""They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.""

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

It's been brought up way back earlier in the thread I'm sure, but the way your Saints Row 2 character sings along with the radio is just adorable. I love that the voice actors clearly did not have the lyrics provided.

An example!

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

MGS2 in a similar way, releasing square slowly will let you lower the gun instead of firing. Takes advantage of the DualShock2 pressure-sensitive buttons, really nice feature.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

It's implied throughout that the people with the strength or money to survive the plague up until that point are all mostly huge pieces of poo poo.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

e:nm

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

These seem at odds with one another.

They're not strangers though, they're his cult/church.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

Wind Waker's Pictograph sidequest where you photograph every thing in the game and have Tingle make miniatures of them when you give him the pics.

MGS2's Tanker bit where you photograph the newest Metal Gear and submit it to Otacon where his little sprite buddy rates your photo's and comments on the ones if you took pictures of the gravure posters in the lockers.

They put a loooot of effort into those posters.