Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I finished the new Wolfenstein the other day and there were a few things that stood out for me. Every weapon has na alternate fire mode activated by pressing "c". They tell you that only projectile weapons have this, but if you have the knife out, it works too! It just changes the hand you hold the knife in.

I absolutely love they used actual Poles as voiceactors for Ania and her familiy, it works really well. And if you know/are polish you can catch a little secret early: halfway though the game, Ania starts to read you lines from her sister's or cousin's (can't remember), named Ramona, diary. There is a catch to it tho: there was never a Ramona. She tells you this at the end of the reading, but indirectly, saying "Some of those things might have happened to me". The image accompanying the audio logs has her reading the book, and on the cover there is "Nalezy do: ANIA" which means "Belongs to Ania"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Kirby Triple Deluxe has some amazing facial animations for absolutely EVERYBODY in the game. Especially when they are getting sucked into Kirby :allears:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

scarycave posted:

Mirror's edge has the best falling animation.
It feels like I'm actually hitting the ground.

Yeah the falling animation is nice, but the "fall dead on the ground" is ther same as the one in BF3, which my little brother who watches me play, had to point out for me.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I love how Saints Row IV handles homie dialogue. When you take 1 homie with you, he/she/it will comment on what the Boss did prior to the game start. When you take 2 homies with you, instead of both of them shouting to the Boss one over another, they all have specific dialogue with each other. Every pair has their own dialogue, and I'm pretty sure some have more then just one. It's a really nice touch, especially because the dialogue is really funny at times.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Croccers posted:

Saints Row with an upgraded Red Faction Guerrilla destruction engine.

The superpowers stay, right?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

scarycave posted:

In SSB4, so uh, that thing that happened in the final fight of classic mode on 7 intensity. That was unexpected.

Oh yeah, that thing is pretty... something I guess. It's legit hard on 7 and I've seen people try it on 10 intensity and it's nearly impossible to beat there, having like 4 final forms for your secret final boss is a bit too much. I almost screamed when it lifted Final Destination into those orbs up there.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Yeah! It was a little thing in those games, too!

Fighting games with a taunt button are great.

I always loved that in DMC4, if you manage to get running in combat, and press the taunt button while running (which is Select - as much removed form any buttons you will try to press in that situation as possible), Nero does a sweet dropkick. It does damage to enemies as well.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Sad lions posted:

Truth be told, if you're looking for the real 'game' experience you should probably stick to online competitive multiplayer games or maybe go back to the classic Atari era style games where a high score is the aim (lots of mobile gaming embraces this model).
Or you could just play Super Hexagon which is my very definition of a game with just the gameplay. It's amazing. And I love the fact that the stages bounce around and shift constantly with the music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
In the new Legend of Korra game from Platinum, you start the game without your bending powers. But you can still switch between fire/water/air/earth, and if you do, the animation and effect for the attacks change into corresponding fighting styles.
This might not seem like a small thing, but let me tell ya I am glad they got that right.