Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
After 19 years, finally you actually inject stimpaks in Fallout 4. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Is it the whole game? :allears:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I'm not sure what the hell happened to Destiny between Taken King and Rise of Iron. Taken King was a whole expansion of PYF little things, and then Rise of Iron is... not.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

It's not funny to talk about how sewer levels suck, but it's especially not funny to talk about how sewer levels suck in a sucky sewer level. If you're going to make the joke in the first place, have the protagonist refuse to go into the sewer or something.

I'm not going down there! It smells like poo gas.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
That's a deeply embarrassing post, lol.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
four blades good, three blades better

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

moosecow333 posted:

I finally finished NeiR: Automata and while the game had some pretty lame bosses the last one is pretty great if you decide to play as A2. Since 9S specializes in hacking he's loving with your system the entire fight. This can take the form of swapping your controls or forcing a retro-filter for your vision to name a few. It was a nice change of pace from most of the other bosses that had no real defining features other than beings spheres and shooting lasers.

Great, now just beat the game 57 more times to see the double secret real ending and understand the full depth of Titty Android Game!

My favorite little thing in games is where you can see most of the plot and content without jumping through the dev's weird auteur hoops.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Poops Mcgoots posted:

What if I told you endings is a misnomer and that it's actually a single playthrough of a game with 4 episodes?

:jerkbag:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

RagnarokAngel posted:

Megalovania is still the best song, which seems like such a weird reward when it's at the very end of a genocide run.

The original version is better.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

:gonk:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Guy Mann posted:

First Braid was unplayable for people without hands and now this, SMDH at noted Gaming Hitler Johnny Blow forcing the most oppressed minority on the planet to have to Google the solution to like 8 puzzles.

Yeah, how dare people care about others! gently caress you, I can do everything just fine, guess you should have been born with the right genetics. :smuggo:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I liked Okami a lot, but I'm just so repulsed by Issun it makes me not want to play. I wish there was a "turn off annoying jackass" button.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
IM NOT OWNED

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Strom Cuzewon posted:

In Pillars of Eternity II : Deadfire one quest has you come across a dying priest, who stammers out a fragmented and cryptic clue about what you need to do, before dying in your arms.

Your character can speak to ghosts, so you immediately strike up a conversation with the priest's spirit, who explains everything in much more detail and remarks "at least in death I can finish my train of thought"

Is this a dig on Arcanum?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
One of my favorite guns in Warframe is the Tonkor, which is a handheld grenade launcher. You can put a mod on it that makes it shoot multiple grenades, and they had to nerf the mod because people were just carpeting everything with 500 grenades.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I think they're just scary bugs that put eggs in you. I don't think Alien was even the first to do that they just did it the best. It's a pretty standard sci fi trope that will never go away because holy gently caress nuggets is that scary.

The name is a reference to a John Wyndham novel about mutant humans.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
:pcgaming: WASIPISAU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
What are you playing Blood Omen on? Mine is unplayable thanks to some graphical issues.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Safeword posted:

I was not expecting Yuri Lowthernal to give a voice performance stuffed so full of rage, sadness and compassion in a game where you run around wearing spandex. He really goes all in with his performance during Spodwrman's final boss battle.

Jesus, dude, it's Spodwr dash man!

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
ITT the last South Park fans in their special enclosure

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
You deserve whatever you get if you spend money on something called "fractured butthole." That's not even adolescent humor, it's worse than that.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
INFRA has an achievement for throwing yourself off the top floor of your office building in the very beginning.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I wish there were Minecraft mods that did stuff other than add a bunch of nightmarish supply line garbage.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Mikl posted:

it has LGBT+ characters and is not weird about it.

:allears: Please elaborate.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Oh god he looks like Larry the cucumber.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
City turned me off with all the weird gross jokes they added and I haven't played any of them since. Shame, since Asylum was so good.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
There's also a "joke" about Harley "having been a man."

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
ah, the Flying Mordhau

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Cleretic posted:

and got miffed and left once I realized I couldn't upgrade the Gerudo outfit (yes, I'm that kind of player).

A creepy one?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I enjoyef the combat in Control a lot, and "themes common between games in a shared universe" is a lot different from "writer has no ideas lol."

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Those are all extremely common themes.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Adam also doesn't control where she goes. The station is on lockdown and she has to work her way through to open each area.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
We're still in the infancy of left-wing politics in games being a Discussable Thing and people are already sorting everything based on ideological purity. Amazing. :allears:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I wanted to know if you could just stand around for 48 hours in the beginning corpse transport and suicide bomb Capital. That seems like a very Kojima thing to do

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Death Stranding is ending up as one of my favorite games of all time. I absolutely love just... delivering packages to people, guess I should have been a UPS driver. Building on the "Sam just accepts everything" threadstrand, I loved when you connect the timefall farm (I think?) to the network and then Die-Hardman tells you to go alllllll the way back to Lake Knot to get a package to hook up South Knot, Sam is pissed off and asks why he can't just go straight there and hook them up. Die-Hardman basically rolls his eyes and says that's not how it works, and Sam just grudgingly agrees but is clearly pissed off by the inconvenience.

I was never much of a Norman Reedus fan (he named his son Mingus. Mingus Reedus) but his voice acting and mocap is really good in this. My favorites are "Sam Sam he's our man!," the way he says "we've got companyyyyy" when you go into a BT area, and when he begs the camera for a shower if you're sitting around in the private quarters. Basically the whole game is little things, really.

(I'm not sure any of this should be spoiler tagged, since "there are a bunch of settlements that you deliver stuff to" is kind of... the game.)

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
You gotta use a special trap to get the little ones. I think if they're small enough Boss will just pick them up and put them in his pocket, too.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Just lol if you don't manfight the MULEs with your bare Reedusfists.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Also in Death Stranding the Engineer is Junji Ito. I never got any cat, spiral, or fish-related deliveries for him, though.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
If you get grabbed by a BT in Death Stranding you can also waddle out to the edge of the tar patch, whip it out, and piss on the swarm of moaning ghosts trying to grab your hog. They'll instantly disappear along with the tar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
One time I saw one of those with a little cross next to the name. :smith: