Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Just finished Dying Light's first pursuit segment (the one after you find the airdrop) and I cannot express how much I love the fact that time slows down when you look behind you while sprinting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I'm playing a budget rhythm game on Steam called 3...2...1...Kick It! Drop That Beat Like An Ugly Baby and there's a couple of little things that I appreciate. For one, the soundtrack that the game uses when you aren't able to use your own music is actually quite varied. Instead of all being techno and glitch hop, the first level in the game is set to a really catchy pop song and a level after that is a pirate radio broadcast from the year 2030 something that was actually pretty funny. Also, the objects in the game that you have to get close to and press a button on aren't actually physical andyou pass right through them without loosing health, which is a great frustration saver.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I've been replaying Fallout: New Vegas, and whenever you enter V.A.T.S., there's tooltips on the side of the screen to tell you to press Mouse1 whenever you want to select a body part, and it says )RMB to exit. Of course, this obviously means to press the right mouse button to exit V.A.T.S., but if you're dense, like me the first few times I played, you think it means to press the R+M+B keys to exit. It actually works. :v:

Kumaton has a new favorite as of 04:51 on Dec 23, 2015

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Lord Lambeth posted:

Although you do encounter some fish in Honest Hearts.

There's some in the various Mojave lakes, too. Exact same model and everything.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

CJacobs posted:

The pip boy also has a reflective screen and a light layer of dust in FO4 so if you are for some reason at an angle where light is reflecting off of it you can just turn your guy's arm a bit and be able to see just fine. Of course, this has no practical use because you can just leave the pip boy screen, walk 1 step, and go back into the menu, but it's cool anyway.

Can you interact with your Pip-Boy while it's tilted? I don't think so, but it's been a long while since I played it.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I like how Borderlands 2 (and I think Borderlands 1) has a main menu of a landscape scene that's rendered in-engine. You can mess around with the game's graphics settings and see what sort of effect they'll have while you're playing.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

muscles like this? posted:

It has Galapagos, which isn't as well known Vonnegut but I think they were trying to avoid a lot of obvious choices.

[Protagonist of No Man's Sky kills five hundred aliens, puts on sunglasses]

"That was truly a...Slaughterhouse V..."

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
In GTA: Vice City if you get within a very small scale of points you're given the title of "SA Goon".

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Nordick posted:

And speaking of Chivalry, another little thing I adore: The game's voicework and sound design. Everyone spamming the battle cries and taunts and other voice commands all the time is very much a social norm in the game, and this combined with the insane death cries and -gargles, metal clanging and gore splatter sounds makes the game sound just absolutely hilariously cacophonous.

This simple gameplay video is a pretty good example of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnv_xXyztWo

Less than a minute in and some guy's arm gets chopped the gently caress off.

Goddamned amazing.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I've been playing a ton of Overwatch the past few days, and I could go on about how it's a super good game, but I really do like how the game icon on your taskbar flashes when you're alt-tabbed whenever you respawn or get revived.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Efexeye posted:

you're dead for 10 seconds in Overwatch man, how impatient or stimulus- starved are you

Unironically very. Also I'm used to games with long/indefinite death periods so I'm still getting used to how fast-paced it is.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Calaveron posted:

Please tell me the player characters make fun of Edgy McGrimDark over there

A few do, and most players themselves as well. Especially when every Reaper player has name like these.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Double Punctuation posted:

That was one of the main features in 2 and 3. The maps are divided into hoods, and each hood is controlled by a gang. Gang members have a chance to spawn in hoods they control, and they're armed with that gang's favored weapons. If they're in your gang, you can have them follow you and help you. Otherwise, you can taunt them to get experience at the risk of having them call friends to attack you.

I'm pretty sure civs could shoot at you if you jacked their ride, too, though not sure if they'd join in on shootouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

scarycave posted:

Speaking of PT, Is Death Stranding supposed to be Not-Silent Hills?

It seems like a new IP with the same talent that Silent Hills was gonna have, since Death Stranding seems way more like a sci-fi/apocalyptic/distopian horror rather than Silent Hill's traditional small-scale stuff.

Related to the thread, I started up Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction and I never realized how good it is to have pickups like ammo and money automatically float to you if they fall off a cliff. It's also a hood example of a game that's hard to put down because God dammit I only need like thirty more Raritanium to get exploding shards for my shotgun and I just cleared this level do when I get to the next planet I'll start grinding and I might as well complete that world too and get this other weapon fully upgraded and