Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

MindlessHavok posted:

I don't have a next gen console and my computer is garbage. Graphics aside, how does MGSV on 360 stack up to the next gen versions? I assume the graphics are worse but is there any actual content missing?

I've got it on the 360 (i'm poor and I couldn't wait, also didn't want the game being spoiled) and I'm loving it, got the day one edition and you get a ballistic shield (haven't used that very much) an mgo xp boost (not online so useless for now) a desert cardboard box (massively useful, use it all the time)a lovely gun called adamska that takes the mick out of ocelot in mgs3 but is otherwise rubbish, and some blue camouflage for swamp and marshes(hasn't come in useful yet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Now I want to play sleeping dogs again,it's a shame they rush the ending so much, the whole wedding thing happens too soon and the emotional impact is lost and then you get tortured by a guy who's only been mentioned in passing upto that point and then the games over not long after that, good game though.

As for content, I've been playing through the walking dead (telltale) and I've enjoyed it loads and there was loads that I forgot, I love how clem as a child never forgets whatever the final thing lee tells her before he gets left to turn I chose to tell her to stay away from cities at the end of episode 1 and it wasn't until way late episode 2 near the end when she told someone that's it's a bad idea to go near cities.

also : gently caress arvo

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

dordreff posted:

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen has some excellent moments. One of the best is during the final boss fight with the Dragon, it will dive at you breathing fire. If you're a bow-wielding class, you can shoot the dragon down through the flames just before it hits you. I'm fairly sure it's scripted, but it still makes you feel incredibly unfuckwithable.
There are only two or three recurring spawns of one of the larger monsters, the Griffin. One of these is near a nest of smaller lizard-people enemies; the Griffin will ignore you and just swoop down on the lizards, kill and eat a few of them, and then fly away, unless you interrupt it. I love it when games give enemies life beyond just being there for you to kill, and seeing a griffin out hunting for its dinner is a great example of it.
The Dark Arisen DLC dungeon has a mechanic of 'roaming monsters', where giant extra-powerful monsters will randomly show up in rooms with a lot of dead bodies and attack everything they see. This leads to insanely metal poo poo like a fight against a skyscraper-sized cyclops covered in spiked armour being interrupted by a zombie dragon attacking both sides.

I played poo poo out of dd and got completely burned out, now you're making me wanna reinstall it, curse you!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Best thing about dragons dogma is the character creation,even though I finished the game about 5 times I still remember my very first character, I made a kid character and made him as princely as possible, blonde slicked back hair, blue eyes and a wicked arse cape,it made the weird underage princess subplot more believable.I even had a gigantic bodyguard just for shits and giggles.Next playthrough I went super old wrinkly wizard man and it was awesome.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Fingerless Gloves posted:

I want to make a run where me and all of my pawns are David Bowie of varying eras, since the creator had a Bowie eye option

gasp! I would watch the poo poo out of that. That character creator is so good it's ridiculous,anyway content : Started playing minecraft for the first time last month and my favourite thing is tunnelling miles underground getting completely lost, using up all your resources tunnelling upward aaaand.......coming out on land about 5 feet away from where you went in :allears:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The character creator is awesome, and the fact that it actually has an effect on gameplay (iirc taller characters have longer reach with their weapons, there's certain cave entrances and stuff only short characters can enter, and I want to say your character's weight affects how easily they're knocked down or staggered?) is just mind-blowing.

The only downside is that my characters almost never look in the game like they do in the creator but I think I like what my character actually looks like better than what I wanted her to so I can't get upset. I was going for big muscly Amazon lady and she ended up just tall and rotund, so she looks like some random peasant girl from a fishing village who just happens to be really good at smacking goblins because she's freakishly huge.
I know if you make a huge tall character they're less affected by strong winds but it's barely noticeable or useful,i think smaller characters can climb faster and have better grip.It's cool to play dd like a more violent shadow of the colossus :D

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I've been playing dishonoured 1 for the past two days and I love it, I'm trying to not kill anyone in my first play through and during one level I was traversing a massive structure and making my way to the top, stealthily dispatching guards all the way.
I knocked out one guard and picked his unconscious body up so I could hide it, I plonked him down on what I thought were stable planks of wood and they gave way beneath him sending him to his death, it was annoying but I sat there smiling for about a minute at my shitness as an assassin.

Also, the level where you must assassinate the twins is amazing I kind of thought the whole "oh there's so many ways to get through a level and blah blah you can do this and that" was just bluster but holy poo poo the level design is so good.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

you may die posted:

It might be this thread colouring my glasses rose but I'm really thinking that Dishonored has to be one of the best games I've ever played. It's an great setting, the narrative, themes and gameplay are all consistent (given that the high/low chaos framework isn't supposed to translate directly to good/evil) and it's really fun. Not only that, but there are so many great little things to it and I can't think of any drawbacks.

To actually contribute I love the fact that the game never shows you a whale, other than the DLC and that one still picture from the ending cutscene, even though they're so fundamental to the setting and they are described as these terrifying, incredible creatures that differ from IRL whales in key ways, in the atmosphere text. It's a great way to let the player use their imagination and it sets up a great scene in the DLC.

poo poo, now I want to play it. I never did finish the DLC.

I'm upto the masquerade ball at the moment, i'm totally calling that the safehouse place is gonna get hosed up and i'll have to escape through the abandoned house soon.

and the art direction is great, even though absoloutely everyone looks like a suspicious motherfucker, it's like a nick cave convention from the steampunk 1800s

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

More dishonoured stuff, I love the mechanical heart and how it tells you peoples secrets - "He beats his servants" "She steals from her employees" and sneaking around the rich peoples mansions is really relaxing,
you just waltz in as cool as a cucumber, knock everyone out and then breeze around like you own the place, taking your time and stealing the entire contents of the safe, looking for hidden passages and breaking every display cabinet in sight.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I do this, too.

I think it's a common thing, like when you were riding in a car as a kid, and imagined a man running along the power lines, jumping over the poles, keeping up with the car. Pretty common for those that played video games when young?

Holy poo poo I thought I was the only one :allears: Favourite thing in dragons dogma right now is when I ultra slaughtered the griffon before it flew away to bluemoon tower, arc of obliteration on its neck and WHAM! no more griffon.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

QuietLion posted:

I'm very late to this game, but Psychonauts is just so fantastic and weird at the same time. I've only completed up to Levitation training, but all the campers have so much personality. Plus Kitty has a lot of
good insults for Raz. :allears:

I truly hope that by the end of the game, I get to see Mikhail wrestle the mystery bear-thing in the woods.

Psychonauts is great from start to finish, I hope the sequel's good.

Content : All the references to fallout 1 and 2 in New vegas are really standing out to me, more so than when I first played NV, the old lady in novac (who was once in the enclave) mentions crashing a vertibird in Klamath which made me smile.
Also Marcus turning up and talking about looking for a geck with a tribal was cool.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

scarycave posted:

I had to kick him out of my party because he kept gunning down my team mates.
Ended up just using a bunch of dogs instead.

Yeah it's a shame they didn't make mutants the right kind of fast till new vegas, Cassidy was always my fave but he was modded in right? (so hard to remember what's modded and what's vanilla in any fallout game lol)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It always surpruses me how much NV supermutants can just haul rear end. Theyre se goddamn fast and their charge attacks cover a distance of anywhere->right up to your face.

Just how they should be, classic lumbering mutants are good but they're outclassed by their sprinting superiors.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

ilmucche posted:

I've also just started psychonauts (three hours in). Oh man that secret room milla's mind scared me. I hope I can go back and help her through it :ohdear:

Oh god just wait till the end, the horrifying imagery gets cranked up a lot.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Blowing people up with remote explosives =amazing

Blowing people up with remote explosives + ragdoll effects turned way up = priceless

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I'm liking Owb a lot right now, the voice acting's great.

Sometimes this game is really pretty

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I'm really enjoying Owb, it's definitely the best dlc.The voice acting and dialogue is brilliant and as far as i'm concerned puts the main game to shame.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132275379/screenshots/

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Well I finished Owb and loved it, didn't kill the scientists or Mobius cause I felt even though they were inhuman they weren't evil, just ignorant and unfeeling.

Every one of the sink appliances was an absoloute highlight (toaster or muggy were my favourites though)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Cloks posted:

Old World Blues is the best. I like the robot dogs playing poker.

woah woah fuckin' what? This I must see.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Inspector Gesicht posted:

*Commander Shepard listens to this, sitting down, with her legs spread wide open.*

*fold arms,stand at angle*

*weird karate chop hand movement*

*exit scene left*

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

RBA Starblade posted:

Saint's Row 2 But With SR3's Graphics and Gameplay Changes would be great.

:same:

In new vegas I've never even bothered having raul as a companion because getting to him is a pain in the arse but I made an extra special effort this time, danny trejo sounds like he's been dragged off the street and forced to recite his lines at gunpoint but as I was getting to the ghoul infested Repconn facility he suddenly exclaims

"No not me, eat the smoothskin!, oh sorry boss" :D

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Well I just finished the first silent hill game (tried doing it all myself and only looked up a few tips on completing puzzles) I got the bad ending+ and I still liked it, mad game but the ending credits made it better, especially dahlia kissing the camera : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFxMviounH8

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I ordered Crackdown off Ebay and the postman should be delivering it any hour now,better be loving good or i'm holding you lot accountable lol (cost like £2.74,no big deal)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Well I got Crackdown and i'm really enjoying it, yeah it's dated and old and some of the controls are a bit stiff but shooting your way through a warlord's compound and then climbing your way to the top and kicking him to death is great.

ps. is there a new game plus on this game? just wondering.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

D'aww that sucks, I love being completely overpowered in games and stomping everything that gave me trouble the first time round.

I like the fact the story is barely even a thing, you have a small cutscene at the start of the game and then you're straight into shooting and jumping and exploring, the city's cool as well.
I'm liking the fact that you can go through so many buildings as well, most games would just have you jumping on or over but you're free to take cover inside loads of nooks and crannies.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Yeah I was trying to do some races today but they're finicky cause of driving down tight alleyways with the loving stupid pedestrians.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Just finished crackdown and I loved it, things were so crazy by the end with so many explosions and rockets and flying corpses.

Best bit : getting the rocket launcher that for all intents and purposes is as fast as most machineguns and watching my explosive skill rocket (lol)

also getting to the top of the agency tower and jumping off into the water for two achievements.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Wolf among us was really good,even my mum who's only ever played one game in her life enjoyed watching it.Walking dead was good and I enjoyed it but apparently this finale sucks and they've glossed over any choices you've made? :[

I played one episode of the Batman Telltale and it was dogshit,just like no effort put into any presentation which really is a no no for me.

Content : I was playing dishonoured and during the end of the game when a certain place you call home gets raided I snuck upto my room and saw a guard pissing on my bed,i have no idea whether it was intentional or just a weird idle quirk or what but that fucker is getting turned into a crossbow porcupine.

Brazilianpeanutwar has a new favorite as of 22:28 on Jul 11, 2017

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I just finished Dishonored and got the achievement for a no powers run & another achievement for never being detected throughout the whole game,i'm quite pleased with myself now :D
Time to play it properly now (stealth but not being bothered if I get caught)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Now that's some good inventory neatness,i'd play an inventory tetris Re4 spinoff in a heartbeat.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Captain Lavender posted:

*cough

I loved RE4, I'm sure it was my GOTY whatever year it came out. I'll always remember playing those challenges to get the Hand Cannon. Particularly, playing as Hunk, where all you had to do was pap someone in the face with an uzi bullet, then melee boot them for a huge combo and an easy high score.

I did everything in Re4 but I could never play mercenaries,it's too stressful and it makes my stomach hurt.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I just finished the 2 DLC's for Dishonored and holy poo poo they were great,i actually liked them more than the main game,the powers were better,the environments and enemies were more varied and the levels were just more.....deep.... than the main game.

Best bit was definitely the design of the witches,they were very bioshock esque and I poo poo myself on the last mission when I was sneaking around the mansion,i heard the noise that indicates somebody has noticed my presence but not enough to be alerted and as I looked up, this horrible looking witch was looking down at me through a crack in the ceiling,totally unscripted but terrifying.

I feel like Corvo and Daud's designs should have been switched though.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Playing as a villain but not being a full-on snidely whiplash bastard was awesome, and it was great when the DLC and main game intersected. Dishonered and the DLC was like two halves of a whole story. Not to say it was like they held a bunch of content behind to make you buy DLC, but rather that the DLC added to the original story in a way that was totally worth the 15 bucks.

Completely agree,they gave you enough wiggle room that it made sense for daud to be an evil turd who's going off the rails or a killer who made a mistake and is trying to atone in a way.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I got Dark messiah might and magic on steam and i'm having a riot killing people with larger than life physics and environmental kills.
I arrowed a guy to a wooden frame and when his mates came to see what had happened I threw a barrel at the supports killing them both.
Also you can break the floor out from your enemies in some areas which is great,especially with fire.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I'm playing commandos 2 and I'm just enjoying sending my spy ahead and ordering nazis to look where I'm pointing while my soldier stabs them to death, you can kill a base of 100 Nazis this way if you're patient.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh man I've had Commandos 2 sitting on a shelf for like 10 years or so? I never could get the fucker to run right on any of my computers.

:lol:

I got the trilogy on GOG years ago but I've skipped the first because it's awful and basically unplayable,commandos 2 has surprisingly pretty graphics for a 16 year old game.

But oh god....the voice acting....

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

LawfulWaffle posted:

I love that game and if you are avoiding using guns outside of the sniper and some emergencies, it breaks down into abilities that draw attention and people who stab them in the back.

Yeah guns really suck because you have to be so close to hit anything and you'll immediately be shot to pieces / alert the whole level.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I've been playing X-com apocalypse and even though it's frustrating i am enjoying it,my troops got called to a robot factory filled with conveyor belts and cargo boxes everywhere,it wasn't going well,my squad was all over the place and i was running out of ammo like a noob.

Threw a (pretty safe) grenade at a hyperworm and it landed a bit off target,blew up some factory robot thing,which set off another explosion and another and another,which then exploded some massive machinery which blew up EVEN more stuff,and then about three or four floors of a massive catwalk all fell down and squished the hyperworm.

It was loving chaos.

Also i'm a pychopath when it comes to incendiary bullets and highly flammable slum blocks filled with highly flammable civilians.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Glukeose posted:

I watched an LP of that game a year or two ago and really loved the weird designs of the aliens. The werid visual aesthetic was one of Apocalypse's strongest points.

Yeah the city style is making me think of Robocop Detroit for sure,and headcrabs were totally ripped off of Brainsuckers.

my other favourite thing is seeing the little vehicles driving round and delivering your supplies when you order them,you just wouldn't get that nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Werong Bustope posted:

I've said this before multiple times, in this thread even but godamn games, if you're gonna let me play pretty-princess dress-up, just let me do whatever the gently caress with my character. Let me pick the gender irrespective of which model and voice I choose. Let me put make-up on guys. Make all clothes available to all genders. If I want to play as a 7ft tall drag-marine, or a short fat woman with a deep Cockney gangster voice, that's my business.

Saints Row 2 is too good for this world.

Playing as a muscley woman covered in tattoos, scary eyeliner and spiky bracelets with a skinhead and doc martens, wearing the prettiest pink dress was great.

Also the same but making it look like a wedding dress was also amazing.

Also the same but as a man.