Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I got Bound By Flame off of gamefly and i'm trying to play through it. I actually have enjoyed it so far and i'm at the end. Maybe its just me but I can not beat the final boss. I have gotten sort of close, I even had him down to about 10% health before I ran out of stuff. Theres no way to get any more and from what i'm reading online basically the only option it seems that I have is restarting from scratch and speccing better. I am not sure if I have the fortitude to do that though and i'm debating just sending it back.

That boss is utter bullshit. I gave in and dropped the difficulty down to easy just to get the drat game over with.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Crap wrong thread
Well, great. Uh, a nice little thing in Bound By Flame is that it only has four areas so you don't have to play it very long.

J-Spot has a new favorite as of 04:18 on Aug 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

In Far Cry 3, every section of the map has several enemy outposts and a radio tower you can climb. My favorite little thing in that game is when you can see an outpost from the top of the radio tower. You can usually pull out a sniper rifle and win yourself a stealth bonus right from the tower. There's a couple where the game's draw distance won't let you see the enemies even through the scope, but you can pull out your trusty rocket launcher and start raining hellfire from above. I managed to blindly clear an entire outpost using that method.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Gestalt Intellect posted:

The innkeeper or merchant thing was actually true for a lot of players until a patch made a special case for those two NPCs in particular. An NPC likes you a tiny bit more every single time you talk to them, so naturally the innkeeper and weapon store owner tend to have a lot of "affinity" with you by this point in the game since you've been talking to them and skipping through their 2 lines of dialogue nonstop for pretty much the whole game.
I had no idea the game even had a romance system and I wound up with the duchess as my love interest. I just assumed that was the way the story was meant to play out, but I guess I got her because I did all of her side quests. I also didn't realize those quests were meant to be optional. Dragon's Dogma is amazing.

Celery Face posted:

In Dragon's Dogma, there's a system where you can romance literally every NPC in the game (including little kids, Capcom didn't exactly think the whole thing through)
It's a Japanese game, of course they thought it through. I guess if you wanted to play as a child character you had the option to not end up with an adult love interest. DD did have the most robust character creator I've ever seen in an RPG. You can be anything from an 8-year old kid to a shriveled old granny.