Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wicked Strong isn't down with this walking stuff.

I find horse names fascinating and I have no idea why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ok go crazy tongue horse.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eltoasto posted:

So did the winning horse race the other 2 races as well?

Assuming wiki has all the horses down it doesn't look like he ran either one.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, dude who owns Tonalist has apparently been a breeder for 50 years and it's the first horse he's ever had in a triple crown race. That's kinda :unsmith:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Krackleburt posted:

Wow, geez. Sore loser right there. I mean he has a point, but still.

I'd muted it, what was his point?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Josh Lyman posted:

Hey Costas, remember right before the race when you said a NY/LA sports championship portended a Triple Crown?

Does that mean we get a new pair of teams? I'd be ok with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I wouldn't say it's like that because the Kentucky Derby is probably the one race everyone would choose to win if they could only win one.

For someone who knows more about horses than I do (anything really): really how much of a factor is fatigue in these things? Everyone keeps talking about it but like...I thought the entire point of thoroughbreds was that they were bred to run. Do they really need a month off to be in top shape after running a race?

• Locked thread