Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

NBC sells the Triple Crown as a final stage and until the last few years I thought it was the same field in each race. Not as three separate tournaments like the Aussie Open, French Open, Wimbledon, etc. Over the last two years Costas has failed to explain clearly how the Triple Crown works.

I guess it makes the Triple Crown a more rare feat and that much more impressive, but it's like letting Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps sit out of the prelims because they were sick and got better for the finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Do they really need a month off to be in top shape after running a race?

Stress and fatigue of travel can take its toll even with time off (former swimmer here, you're not always at top of your game). California Chrome's jockey implied that he just felt off but good. I can't imagine what it is like for an animal who is not fully understanding what is going on to suddenly be surrounded by 100,000 people screaming. Even if properly tapered for the big events sometimes you're still fatigued.

• Locked thread