Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I can't remember if you have said, what kind of wheels are you going for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Can you change the cross out to a slightly lighter grey and keep the contrasting "back" area as black plastidip?

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Definitely color match the grille. Are you planning on doing something with the wheels? Plastidip them, too.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

ThinkFear posted:

Definitely color match the grille. Are you planning on doing something with the wheels? Plastidip them, too.

I will probably plastidip them since I don't have a way to pull them off for powder coating since it is longer than the garage. And I really don't want to pay to dismount and remount 6 tires too. Then when the tires are worn out I will get it done. Wheels for duallys are crazy expensive and I woundnt want anything more than 19.5's anyway.

Still on the hunt for a non terrible grill but the all black is growing on me and will do for a while.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How expensive to have that grill painted?

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Rhyno posted:

How expensive to have that grill painted?

Not sure the didn't really want to do it since the could not guarantee that it would hold up since its chrome plated plastic and can't be stripped and prepped like the bumpers. And my experience with having that poo poo painted on the fiat has put me off of doing it. I had It done by a shop and that poo poo still started peeling after the first drive in the rain.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
They make chromeless bro grilles right? Buy one of those and paint?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well gently caress.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
All the bro grills have a bunch of rivets, spikes, and tribal poo poo all over them and I won't do that to my truck. I would love just a simple mesh one that gets rid of the emblem and dodge cross to clean up the front.

Like this but without rivets and swords lol. If I can find that and paint match the surround like they did and black mesh it would be money.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

t-rex has some basic bare grilles but the pictures on their site make it look like they get rid of the surround too.

http://trexbillet.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1934

http://trexbillet.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1765

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Powershift posted:

t-rex has some basic bare grilles but the pictures on their site make it look like they get rid of the surround too.

http://trexbillet.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1934

http://trexbillet.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1765

I'm liking that second one the most of any I have seen.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Orange Truck needs airbags so you can drive aroud slammed.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Orange Truck needs airbags so you can drive aroud slammed.

And it will get them in 5 years or 100,000 miles! Diesel stuff is expensive so I don't want to void anything.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Don't worry, they'd never void the engine warranty for modifying the suspensiaahhahahaha what the gently caress i can't finish that sentence.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Since everyone was asking for it...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have the most uncomfortable boner.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Now I can't help but feel like the exhaust pipe needs to be angled upward. And purple. :getin:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Holdbrooks posted:

You must never take that off.

Edit: and put one on the trumpet, too.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

iwentdoodie posted:

You must never take that off.

Edit: and put one on the trumpet, too.

god drat, that wing blends in so well, I missed it after the first few glimpses. Sleeper Bosu...yeeeeees.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Now I can't help but feel like the exhaust pipe needs to be angled upward. And purple. :getin:

One can dream.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Holdbrooks posted:

See, look at how much it likes it. You wouldn't deny a truck its love, would you?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I didn't even realize it had a wing on it at first. Goddamn, that's amazing :allears:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

IOwnCalculus posted:

I feel like I would look like a failed bro trucker with crooked stacks.

Sir Pukesalot
Nov 3, 2012

Holdbrooks posted:

Took me a bit of time to realize what was different, but then... That is amazing!

IOwnCalculus posted:

DO. THIS. RIGHT. NOW.

Holdbrooks posted:

I feel like I would look like a failed bro trucker with crooked stacks.

See if you can get it matched with the paint on the truck, then!

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Wait

That wing is real?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

revmoo posted:

Wait

That wing is real?

Yes. Pulled from the Subaru. It really doesn't look huge or out of place on the truck. Why does it seem so... natural? :gay:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

revmoo posted:

Wait

That wing is real?

Yes, but it works better on the STi. It is just sitting on some boxes in the bed for the pics.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
You should definitely mount banks of JATO rockets in the bed for pushbutton downforce.

... the bed of the bosozuku truck, that is. I don't think it'd go well with the Ram.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Holdbrooks posted:

Looking at a house tomorrow with 5 cars worth of garages, a shop, a pad with covered RV parking, and covered parking for another 8 cars. So maybe in the future!

Next up: A bright orange motorhome towing an equally orange Baja bug

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Are the factory tyres really Nexens?

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
The fiat is finally getting some love. after sitting on jack stands in the garage for over two months with bent suspension. I have the back all finished up with new bilstien coilovers and big torsion bar.

The front is all disassembled and the sub frame pulled to get the bent control arm out. Since I have to have it all apart anyway I decided to upgrade everything while I was at it. The subframe has to come out to do the front sway bar also. I took the new tire to get mounted and have the wheel checked out and while i waited i dropped by HF and I bought a 20 ton press that was on sale to press out the old bushing and install the new whitline bushings in the control arms. I just need to put it all back in now, and send the ECU off in the morning to get a tune.

Other than that I need to fab up a full exhaust and a splash shield for the intake and put on the ported throttle body before it will be hitting the streets again. my plan is to have it wrapped up in time to go to road trip to Alabama next week.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Ferremit posted:

Are the factory tyres really Nexens?

With the dually. I guess Firestone otherwise.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

CharlesM posted:

With the dually. I guess Firestone otherwise.

Since Nexens are a bit harder and will die faster, but not shred instantly? :shrug:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Oh noes my truck thread died, update for this one I guess.

So last time I posted the fiat was busted and I finally got all the parts in after 3 months. And wen I went to putting it back together I was missing a piece for the new sway bar and of course that was the first part to go back on to get the subframe back on.

Neuspeed was cool and sent me one no questions asked so I had to stop with just the rear done.

I got the new tire mounted up while I waited for the new plate and sent the ECU off for a tune and installed my ported TB. And now it lives again.

Unfortunately a week later the AC went out just in time for our first 100+ degree day. Turns out the intercooler hit the condenser when I broke the suspension and put a pin hole in it. So that is next up to fix when I get some time off.

Holdbrooks fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 7, 2015

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
And for the Exocet I got some goodies after over a year of waiting I got to go pick up a pallet with the truck.

Hooray the body work. What color is it you ask?

Obviously, like I would get anything else when they say I can have any color I want. It is a bit darker than the wrap on the STi but I think it will do just fine. Shown here on the dead fiat tire.

It all arrived with no damage and the new manufacturer did a great job with the quality. It's closer to the truck's color and I can't wait to try to get it fitted.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Hooray, I was getting despondent without vitamin C supplements updates about your orange things. :)

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Holdbrooks posted:

as a Daytona owner I approve

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

This is consistently one of my favorite threads. I love how garish everything is.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
I am really bummed about the truck thread hitting archives. I will have to download it and condense it for round two when I can get time to work on it again.

I have been meaning to update it but I'm always at work and on my phone. It take me forever to link the images and poo poo phone posting when I can do it in a couple of minutes on my laptop.

Holdbrooks fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
So I have been thinking about doing the emission deletes, exhaust and intake for the 3500. I swore I wasn't going to but it should improve the reliability and give me like 20% better mpgin addition to a poo poo load of unnecessary power. I did the math and it should pay for itself by 60k which is about the time the egr cooler and DPF might need a cleaning. Now I just have to decide if I want to gamble and void the 5yr 100k warranty with less than 5,000 miles on the clock.

Am I crazy?

• Locked thread