Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Good job scrolling past all that. Now lets get ready for some game of thrones!!!! Whats everyones favorite Game of Thrones-time snack? I eat a bigass plate of nachos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Has anyone tried the Game of Thrones ale and more importantly do you think it would pair with some chicken nachos?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

thecolorpurple posted:

EDIT: what liquors do they have in Westeros? Gin, one assumes.

Why gin? Is that one of the things that was common in horse times? There's definitely wine, as wine appears in the scene in which Jorah Mormont saves Danyeryes Targaerean from Poisoned Wine. Wine is also present in the scene in which King Robert Baratheon drinks wine, as well as the famous "gently caress the water" scene.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

thecolorpurple posted:

The fookin legend is a native of "Gin Alley."

Hmm. Compelling evidence but that could still just be some guy's name. We can't be certain until we actually see gin in the show.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

:siren::tviv::woop: 3 HOURS 57 MINUTES :woop::slick::siren:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

PT6A posted:

So am I, you don't see me making a big deal out of it (in addition, it has nothing to do with GoT). Also, it's still 4 hours and 18 minutes away for me because Shaw Cable sucks all the dicks and doesn't carry the eastern feed of HBO.

Haha. 2 hours 13 minutes bitch.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Im ready motherfuckers

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

PT6A posted:

Bitch, please.

Post your spread or stfu.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Myst Hat posted:

At this point, I'm not sure what's left to make episode 9 The Episode Of The Season(tm), unless the white walkers form some kind of supercritical mass that nukes the Wall and King's Landing (except Tyrion's cell (where Jamie happens to be)). According to my cable guide, it just sounds like an hour of Jon Snow gawking at wildlings.

The episode will be alot more enjoyable for people who haven't read the books. So congrats, to the three of you.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Myst Hat posted:

So just like every other episode, then? :smug:

Probably, yeah.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

the posted:

Side off-topic completely non-spoilery book discussion because I'm only halfway thru the first one:

What's the vegas odds on whether 91-year-old WW2 veteran Roy Dotrice, who read the audiobooks for 1-5 (and played Hallyne in the series), will be alive to read for the last two?

43:1

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

That cutaway from the giant battle sucked balls

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

SHES GONNA loving DIE

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

yeA THATS RIGHT HESITATE U oval office

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

wisdomHNOX posted:

Even book readers were surprised at Gren and Pyp dying.

RIP guys who had 3 lines per season

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Only a goon would describe an hour-long battle royale a yawner and one of the top 3 worst episodes

The actual battle was like 20 minutes and most of it was shots of like 10 dudes running around getting killed by arrows and stuff. The cool things like the giant archer and the anchor saved it but it was pretty boring for the most part.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The Nachos Were Good

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

PT6A posted:

I guess that was the ultimate "gently caress you" to bookreaders who were complaining they never show any of the cool battles.

In the books it was a long drawn out siege so it's not really comparable.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Ogmius815 posted:

The best part of these threads is all the people who feel superior because they haven't read a book.

Well, the show is much more enjoyable for them, so in a way, they are better.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

PT6A posted:

I don't get this, really. The show's loving great, and the books are great but in a different way. If a were a useless moron who couldn't enjoy it unless it followed the books closely, I can see how I'd be upset, but luckily that's not the case. The show has, by and large, taken everything that's awesome about the books and made it as good or better. If the tiny details that change upset you to the point you'd even bother talking about them, you should probably have yourself checked out for autism.

Sorry

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The opening segment ends at :04 and the end credits roll right around 50 mins, so this episode was pretty much basic cable length if not shorter(48 mins)

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Sten Freak posted:

The first time barrels were purposefully dropped they did not light up when they hit the ground (but still injured/killed). Both my wife and I noticed this and wondered what was going on. It must have been on purpose but no idea what happened there. Anyone have a clue?

In the b**ks there are some frozen rock grenade barrels so probably that.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Highlight of the ep is definitely Ghost killing one single guy and then proceeding to just chow down on his corpse for the remainder of the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

It's kind of silly that the Watch has less than 100 men when rapists all throughout the seven kingdoms are given the option of having their dick chopped off or joining the watch. That's gotta be at least like, 20 people a month.

• Locked thread