Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
golf is fun. gonna play chip and putt this thursday. Can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Im poor as poo poo, and I need my friend, who has 4 kids and is also poor as poo poo, to take me there.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

A misanthrope posted:

kill and eat some rich people while you're there, thnks

at the public park were gonna play chip and putt. Ok. The geese might get angry though

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

I'm not a pro but for getting better I recommend the hammer game

You play dollar skins with carry overs and tpresses automatically accepted if you're down then the hammer works like the backgammon doubling cube. If you hammer, the hole bet either doubles or your opponent concedes the hole bet. you get a few hammers carry overs and presses, next thing you know you're playing a single hole for like five hundred bucks

he spent $700 on clubs. He never won a game in his life.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Obligatory Toast posted:

golf is boring as poo poo to play even when you're full of rum and cokes

golf is fun to play sober. Sorry you hate fun.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Caddyshack is a legit great movie.

It is.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

alright say they have golf carts for free use

you also get to gamble on one of three situations:

a) you are playing well, the people in front are not, you get to wait and do nothing while they muddle around. you might be able to play through, but some courses don't allow it and get SUPER PISSED if you do. if it's a full day you're just stuck waiting.

b) you are playing like poo poo, the people behind are waiting on you and you're causing a huge wait and people are getting pissed

c) everyone plays at about the same rate

C happens less than a third of the time.

you are very angry at golf.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Luvcow posted:

Sadly, video games are the new tennis for narcissistic sociopaths :(

Also I support this thread now being about Maria sharapova

tennis is way more expensive than golf. The initial cost is less, just a racket instead of a set of clubs, but you have to live in a rich place, or join a club or some poo poo to play tennis

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jamcadbury posted:

I'm able to play tennis for $5/hr and also there are three free public courts within 3 miles of me and this is in a not excessively nice part of Dallas.

so what i'm saying is lol

$5 an hour eh? I can play golf for like $15 and it takes about four hours. I think my hobby is just a bit more frugal than yours.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Also, sometimes I get to drive those little carts around

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

PlantRobot posted:

is it? there's several public pieces of asphalt with a net across near me.

no one was talking about basketball

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Yomofo posted:

I live on a golf course but refuse to pay $120 a round so I bought 3 LED golf balls for $45. Now I can play for free every night and bring my own beer

You, sir, are a hero

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
putin is the strangest propaganda

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

Play golf, it owns

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pobama posted:

Thread pretty much ended here. Not sure what ppl are doing now?

because some retard from the 17th centenary lost his ball. Just drop another one and take the penalty stroke.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

rezatahs posted:

golf is boring and gay and really popular in the midwest which is not coincidentally also boring and gay

no, its fun. sorry you live in a mid-west shithole

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

I birdied 18, it was a good finish. Slightly pull hooked my drive into the right rough and didn't have a good go for the green shot, so I hit 6 iron to just short of the water and had 83 left to the pin. A nice three quarter gap wedge left me a four foot uphill right breaker which I made.

You are a way better player than I could ever hope to be!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Cuz he's richer than you.

I think Jackly is a she. But yeah, she's probably richer than me

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

no I just had a good hole, I'm not an internet posting golfer that hits my driver 350 on a bad day

it was a 500 par five with a down hill tee shot and uphill seconds. There's no chance of me hitting the green unless I hit a 250+ drive which happens like once every three rounds

so really I hit a 230 yard drive then and 160 yard shot that cut part of the distance off because of the able I took

I only had two birdies on the day

only two? and you don't think you are better at golf then me? I only ever got one par. and that was an accident.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

I'm a he you fucker but I'm just honest about my distances

also nobody in our foursome was fat to answer some earlier post

your not a girl? now I'm really confused!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
whatever. Golf is fun

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Your a golf guy. Whats the name of that place in scotland where the wind is crazy?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

every single course,but you're probably think of St. Andrews with the road hole

Thank you. I knew it was a saint, but, I couldn't remember his name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Arian_Samurai posted:

I'm going to make an effort to play golf and tennis next week. I've been on call and working too much for the man.

Very good thread, it is making my life better.

good luck dude. Both are fun

• Locked thread