Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

strtj posted:

I had one of the original HTC One phones, it seemed great when I got it but after a year or so I was very ready to get rid of it. I don't think it was a problem with the phone so much as the expectations. Having an Android 4.0 phone was great but they never did any software updates for it, and the screen size turned out to be pretty disappointing in the long run.

As someone who has had a One (M7) for a bit over a year I have no idea what you're going on about. I get reasonably frequent updates OTA for the phone, I think it's on the latest version of Android. The screen size is great too, whenever I use my fiances iPhone I can't get over how small it is. The metal construction is a big plus too, I dropped it on concrete the other day and was able to file down a few rough edges and dings so they're barely noticeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Instead you get to deal with all the problems and annoyances that come with putting a custom ROM on your phone.

You don't really need to Root and custom ROM anymore, just install a different launcher like Nova and go from there.

• Locked thread