Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Check out the HTC One m8; it's generally considered to be a better Android device than the GS5 (except for the camera). The front facing speakers are amazing and HTCs Android skin is actually useful/doesn't look like poo poo (unlike TouchWiz).

The iPhone 5s is obviously great and my personal daily driver but I routinely switch back to my One because it really is a fantastic device. On the other hand, my GS4 sits in a desk drawer because it's a poorly designed piece of crap loaded with useless half baked gimmicks. The GS5 seems to be more of the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

Zillain posted:

Yeah i was definitely considering the HTC One M8 becuase it just looks like a sick phone. My brother had the original HTC One with the whole beats audio thing and it was pretty cool but after about a year, it turned into kind of a piece. Now that also could've been because my brother doesn't take care of his tech poo poo very well, although he claims he treated it like a baby. I find that it was more the user than the phone itself. Ill definitely check out the M8 and the Nexus 5.

Yeah I don't see how it could magically turn into a piece, HTC did pretty well with the software updates (for an Android OEM :haw: ) and the build quality of the m7 is almost Apple tier.

And yeah I forgot about the nexus 5 but that's a great option if you're not burning a subsidy to get it.

Far as screen size is concerned: I have tiny babby hands and my primary computer is a MacBook, so the iPhone is great for me - but the One's screen and speakers kick the poo poo out of the iPhone to an absolutely enormous degree so keep that in mind if you regularly use your phone for media consumption.

• Locked thread