Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Hi all! I am finally more or less settled, so I will make a post tonight, unless Koth would like to. Figure we'll go with his plan, since it's better than my plan of lying that Thobi is a delusional patient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

So what can I do to help out now that I'm done scoping the joint?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Kloaked00 posted:

So what can I do to help out now that I'm done scoping the joint?

Well depending on how crazy Team Now Works For Hutts gets, you may want to hook up with them. The Wing Guard cell is kinda a closed loop at this point, but if you can narrative justify it, you can get in on that too. Or if you wanted to poke around and investigate one of the other bidders by yourself, that's a possibility.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Honestly, at this point it seems the whole "single group" thing has collapsed anyways. Some of us are now apparently working for the Hutts, some of us are probably about to be working for law enforcement(if they're willing to pay well), and you're sort of stuck alone at the moment due to not realizing either of those events were going on. Beg to get in on one of those outfits or go your own path?

Oh, and hopefully post tonight.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
The plan is not actually to work for Kaltho, really, although it might depend a bit on Kerek's reaction. Actually assassinating Tabarith would be counter-productive to our actual goal of driving up the price. I'm still looking for ways to turn this into a way to start a bidding war, but it's a bit tough when bidders are now apparently trying to assassinate each other before the auction. Whatever happened to the other person who we were investigating, the professor or whatever? Did the player pursuing that drop out? I'm having a hard time remembering who is actually still playing at this point.

Maybe it would be worth trying to fold the groups back together soon, especially since multiple people have dropped out. As off-the-rails as Vy's group is going, at least things are clearly moving along (if not necessarily forward).

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The player list in the game thread OP should be up to date. We've only had two people full on drop out, but there was one out of town for a couple weeks.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I got no brilliant ideas here, let's maybe cross talk irc in the near future?

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Yeah, I'm not completely sure where to go from here. Having Kerek along for the ride seriously complicates things. I don't actually want to assassinate this guy, but I don't really see how we could get Kerek to be okay with that. So it seems like we either need to get rid of him, or... I don't know what else.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

So Elendi and I were chatting in IRC.

Who wants to help set up Kerek for the murder of Carlos?

And where did Carlos' body end up?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Yeah Kloaked that was a brilliant idea, and solves a lot of problems for us. We just need to make it ironclad enough that kerek protesting loudly will mean nothing. Plus he has our fake backstory, so if he tries to say we were hired to look into the hutt or something, that wont pan out at all either.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So where is the body? What small evidence can we plant on kerek? Which one of us has a wing guard connection to ensure the tip gets acted on? And where should this all go down?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

The body is currently sitting in Sen's morgue. Evidence-wise, if we could get some blood onto Kerek that would help, plus we need a murder weapon (preferably not my sword, its expensive!)

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Seems the easiest thing would be to put the body somewhere hidden, convincing Kerek to go there, and phoning an anonymous tip to the Wing Guard at the same time.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Well I'm not much of a talker, I'll do a post tomorrow scouting for a suitable location and going to the morgue. Is Shen one of the mia posters?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Jivjov, once we figure out where we're going to stash Carlos' body, what what would be the difficulty check for 1) simply interrupting any surveillance cameras in the area to eliminate evidence that we stashed the body, and 2) altering any footage to show Kerek doing it?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Kloaked00 posted:

Jivjov, once we figure out where we're going to stash Carlos' body, what what would be the difficulty check for 1) simply interrupting any surveillance cameras in the area to eliminate evidence that we stashed the body, and 2) altering any footage to show Kerek doing it?

Diff 2 Skullduggery to find a place to patch in and do your computery bit

Diff 2 Computers to simply blank the cameras or fuzz them, Diff 3 to loop some footage and show a Perfectly Normal Image, Diff 4 to actually edit in Kerek doing bad things.

The computers check will have setbacks applied if you generate threat on the Skullduggery check.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Hey guys, sorry for my absence the last few days. I've been unexpectedly swamped, and will probably continue to be for the next couple days. If people feel like Vy should do something to move things along, though, I'm sure I can manage something.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So, excepting Vis' post tonight, the game has been boredline dead. Part of that is very much my fault for not cracking down on the 3-day rule and the like, but I would really like to see this campaign survive.

So this is a last-call...From this post, you have 72 hours to post. Either a game post or an OOC post plotting something. If you've lost interest and moved on, let me know. If we have enough people who still want to play, I can recruit a new entrant or two or something.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

RandallODim, can you push our plot thread along?

Currently packing for a move, as well as doing a complete clean of my dorm, and doing said move in two days.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Lord Koth posted:

RandallODim, can you push our plot thread along?

Currently packing for a move, as well as doing a complete clean of my dorm, and doing said move in two days.

Yeah, getting back to classes has been kicking my rear end, but I can go for pushing something out tomorrow/Friday.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Alright...so Koth, Randall, and Vis are still around and posting. Looks like we've lost Kloaked, nothingtoseehere, and Elendil?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Yea, I've lost interest in this game, sorry.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I posted...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Elendil004 posted:

I posted...

And so you did. I just didn't back up a page in the game thread.

nothing to seehere posted:

Yea, I've lost interest in this game, sorry.

Alrighty. Good to have you around, hope you had fun :)

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Crap, completely forgot about this. I'm still around

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Cool. Let's kick this game back in gear!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
So, should I just post up a roll without Koth's response at this point?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

RandallODim posted:

So, should I just post up a roll without Koth's response at this point?

I'm thinking so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Alright...it's been over a week with zero activity. Thanks for playing everyone. Maybe I'll try another game sometime...

• Locked thread