Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KierkegaardsHo
Mar 21, 2004

Police Automaton posted:

America is a Christian nation of REAL Christians, who read the REAL Bible the way it REALLY is and don't give in to self serving interpretations to suit their own devious political agendas.

The TRUTH is that GOD H-A-T-E-S GAY, TRANNIES, and all other such sickos. Says so right in the HOLY BIBLE, all you got to do is pick it up and read it for yourself. Do not take the word of these perverts, READ IT FOR YOURSELF. It very clearly states that they will ALL go to HELL. Especially the transsexuals, who are worse than gays. Transsexuals want to take the whole gay acceptance crap issue even further and make you believe that mutilating and hacking up a body to make it look like it is the opposite sex is fine and perfect and in line with God's plan. That is EVIL. It is SATAN who is making them do that.

Transsexuals are the more EVIL, PERVERTED side of the gay movement. It's not enough to shove GAY MARRIAGE down everyone's throat, now they got to surgically alter their bodies to make it look like they are the opposite sex so they can get married to their gay boyfriends, trying to fool the LAW, RELIGION, SOCIETY, AND EVERYONE ELSE. But they are fooling NO ONE! G-O-D is WATCHING! He knows this stuff is of the DEVIL and he will rain down hellfire and brimstone and destroy the world pretty soon before the GAYS get away with their agenda.

WE will ALL have to pay for the sins and aberrations of these Sodomite SICKOS. Eliminate them now or YOU will be eliminated.

GOD HATES FAGS!!! SAVE YOUR SOUL NOW!!!

ACCEPT THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOR BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!

For sure, it's because of gays and troons that there is a rape scene in Maleficent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

1) Atlantis doesn't exist

2) the teutonic knights deserved to get their asses kicked at novgorod

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
That whole thing where one is born from a virgin, gets betrayed by someone close to them and then comes back to life was done first by Horus a couple thousand years before the Jesus myth was created.

Everything in Christianism is either a copy or and adaptation of ancient polytheistic religions in Egypt and Sumeria. Check out the epic of Gilgamesh if you want to see where a lot of Genesis come from (includes a magic tree, a talking serpent, the flood and some other things).

I really wish christians would stop believing ancient myths.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Police Automaton posted:

America is a Christian nation of REAL Christians, who read the REAL Bible the way it REALLY is and don't give in to self serving interpretations to suit their own devious political agendas.

The TRUTH is that GOD H-A-T-E-S GAY, TRANNIES, and all other such sickos. Says so right in the HOLY BIBLE, all you got to do is pick it up and read it for yourself. Do not take the word of these perverts, READ IT FOR YOURSELF. It very clearly states that they will ALL go to HELL. Especially the transsexuals, who are worse than gays. Transsexuals want to take the whole gay acceptance crap issue even further and make you believe that mutilating and hacking up a body to make it look like it is the opposite sex is fine and perfect and in line with God's plan. That is EVIL. It is SATAN who is making them do that.

Transsexuals are the more EVIL, PERVERTED side of the gay movement. It's not enough to shove GAY MARRIAGE down everyone's throat, now they got to surgically alter their bodies to make it look like they are the opposite sex so they can get married to their gay boyfriends, trying to fool the LAW, RELIGION, SOCIETY, AND EVERYONE ELSE. But they are fooling NO ONE! G-O-D is WATCHING! He knows this stuff is of the DEVIL and he will rain down hellfire and brimstone and destroy the world pretty soon before the GAYS get away with their agenda.

WE will ALL have to pay for the sins and aberrations of these Sodomite SICKOS. Eliminate them now or YOU will be eliminated.

force not your own kin to partake of the death that bringeth life, but a lamb's kin. ye of sin who force sheepskin over your foreskin with gloves made of goat, repent! lie not with woman, force not a meme. with a circumcised heart and an earnest passion, follow that which is good. live life eternal with the living god.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Smoking Crow posted:

2) the teutonic knights deserved to get their asses kicked at novgorod

unless they're talking about ivan the terrible's destruction of novgorod, then whatever

ivan killed a bunch of people in russia, what makes novgorod special

they even got their city back!

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Mark 9:1 (Matthew 16:28; Luke 9:27) And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Kingdom of God come to power."

Mark 13:24-30 (Matthew 24:29-34)
"But in those days, following that distress, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens...when you see these things happening you will know that it is near, right at the door. I tell you the truth, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened."

Get over it, people. The Kingdom of God has not come within that generation like Jesus said it would come and your faith is a failure.

lexan
Apr 24, 2004

Someday I'll be a big producer on Broadway, and you'll be singin' your opera in the street with a tin cup in your hand!

Whiskey Sours posted:

anyone who is a christian but not catholic Neo-Calvinist is retarted

also catholics are retarded

Fixed. Quote 19-20th century Dutch reformational theologians ITT or GTFO.

lexan fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jun 9, 2014

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Police Automaton posted:

God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent and all the other omnis.
He knows everything that has ever happened and everything that ever will happen.

And He told me that trannies are cool, hth.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Kanthulhu posted:

Mark 9:1 (Matthew 16:28; Luke 9:27) And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Kingdom of God come to power."

Mark 13:24-30 (Matthew 24:29-34)
"But in those days, following that distress, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens...when you see these things happening you will know that it is near, right at the door. I tell you the truth, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened."

Get over it, people. The Kingdom of God has not come within that generation like Jesus said it would come and your faith is a failure.

so you have said, vaya con dios.

for your own good your eyes of sin have become instruments of faith. darkness cannot see the light, yet your darkness professeth illumination.

may ravenous fowl pluck out the false witness professing such insight lying within your skullbones in an act of mercy.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Izumi Konata posted:

for your own good your eyes of sin have become instruments of faith. darkness cannot see the light, yet your darkness professeth illumination.

may ravenous fowl pluck out the false witness professing such insight lying within your skullbones in an act of mercy.

аминь

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Izumi Konata posted:

"kallisti". Look where that gets you. A thousand dead ships and a dead city.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I believe in God, the father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Holy Catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

rudatron posted:

jews as well though?

sorta, moreso than christians certainly but Elohim and Jehovah were different gods in a full pantheon once

when i was coming out of the church i had this brief unsettling phase where i seriously considered the possibility that this god did exist, just lied about his qualities and had killed off all of his contemporaries/competition

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013

I didn't understand this concept as a child. I thought I was stupid.

I later realized that wasn't the problem.

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013
I went along with the son and father sacrifice thing but then this unnecessary "Holy Ghost" character was added in. I felt that the script needed another draft.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Telesphorus posted:

I went along with the son and father sacrifice thing but then this unnecessary "Holy Ghost" character was added in. I felt that the script needed another draft.

Without the third wheel you lose the "will they/won't they" tension.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013

lol

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

AUDIO ADRENALINE-Big House

I don't know where you lay your head
or where you call your home
I don't know where you eat your meals
or where you talk on the phone
I don't know if you got a cook
a butler or a maid
I don't know if you got a yard
with a hammock in the shade

I don't know if you got some shelter
say a place to hide
I don't know if you live with friends
in whom you can confide
I don't know if you got a family
say a mom or dad
I don't know if you feel love at all
but I bet you wish you had

[PRE-CHORUS]
Come and go with me
to my Fathers house
Come and go with me
to my Fathers house

[CHORUS]
It's a big big house
with lots and lots a room
A big big table
with lots and lots of food
A big big yard
where we can play football
A big big house
Its my Fathers house

Ibidibidee bop bop bow whew! yeah!

All I know is a big ole house
with rooms for everyone
All I know is lots a land
where we can play and run
All I know is you need love
and I've got a family
All I know is your all alone
so why not come with me?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Hail interstellar space Satan.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
religion threads loving suck

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ilikedirt posted:

the OP's religious missionary gimmick is lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

Ilikedirt posted:

*snicker* much like *heh* you're posting

• Locked thread