Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Can you explain your reason any more than just "gut"?

No but that's never stopped me before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Opopanax posted:

No but that's never stopped me before

I'm not trying to stop you. I just wanted to understand what you see.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

mr.capps posted:

btw guys Jamuraan really is scum

btw I'm really not scum

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Opopanax posted:

As a certified Merkologist I do not believe him to be scum
I with you on this one. He's completely different than NYC mafia. No malice here.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

yuming posted:

merk using his ability on me wouldn't make sense because he had a 1/3 chance of getting alignment-- copping someone who claimed miller is a waste.

:sparkles:

would be 2/3 since Miller is a town only role

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
Hey I'm not going to be around from now to the deadline, I've got an exam on. I like people to have more than one choice for lynching so I'm putting my vote on Big Nothing.

##vote Big Nothing

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Rarity's post claiming that they started the discussion on punt is pure poppycock. I also do not appreciate them calling me a liar because it is my first game and I would have thought the something awful mafia community would be nicer to new players.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Don't worry Keane, we all freindly here in the game room.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'm going to be travelling for most of today and I've only just realised it will be until past the deadline so I won't be here as well. I'm not very well organised sorry. I'd prefer if you don't mislynch me in my absence but to be honest I wouldn't blame you as I've not done a stellar job of things. I've got about an hour before I leave and I'd be willing to claim if it makes any difference to anyone.

Bigup DJ posted:

I like people to have more than one choice for lynching so I'm putting my vote on Big Nothing.

##vote Big Nothing

This vote makes me feel even more strongly that I made the right choice calling Bigup scum. I think it shows a lack of investment in either lynch candidate and a causal disregard for whether we're actually scum or not.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Welp it's checkout time and I gotta go, my flavour is Indiana Jones as an old geezer, I'm retired from fortune hunting and am a consultant on extranormal affairs for the government in my old age.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
BHB needs to kill someone right now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Deadline is in 4 hours!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote BN

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote BN

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh yeah this looks legit

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Opopanax posted:

Oh yeah this looks legit

Deadline in ~2 hours. Do you have a better idea? I'm off to work, my vote is staying.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

We could lynch a player whose name starts with R.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Jake, Merk, what gives dudes? :smith:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinterest Mom posted:

We could lynch a player whose name starts with R.

cool with me

##vote Jamuraan

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I need to go to bed now as I have a 7am flight tomorrow. Reading through last few pages to decide who to vote for.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not even sure we're going to get enough votes together as is. Deadline on a sunday afternoon doesn't always go well, especially when players suck and wait until the last minute to get their poo poo in order

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Kind of limited on choices if a lynch is going to happen. I'm not sure about Punt due to confusion a few pages back about how that got rolling. I know people have been Big Nothing naturally acts scum. However if he isn't mafia then I guess mafia would not kill him as he is a distraction. I see that Vig would make more sense but time is short and I need to sleep.

##vote Big Nothing

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

vote for who you think is scum, not who everybody else thinks is scum :science:

Seriously, most of these votes have came from freakin nowhere. Would like to know why merk and jake suddenly voted me

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bigup DJ posted:

Hey I'm not going to be around from now to the deadline, I've got an exam on. I like people to have more than one choice for lynching so I'm putting my vote on Big Nothing.

##vote Big Nothing

I really don't like this vote.

How is this a reason to vote for someone?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Big Nothing (6): Jamuraan, Propaganda Machine, Bigup DJ, JakeP, merk, Dugong
Puntification (4): CCKeane, Rarity, Juanito, Bigup DJ, Opopanax, Opopanax, Big Nothing, Bigup DJ
Pinterest Mom (2): tearshed, Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom, Rascyc
Rascyc (2): yuming, yuming, Pinterest Mom, Opopanax
Jamuraan (1): Big Nothing, mr.capps, tearshed, tearshed, Big Nothing, mr.capps, mr.capps
merk (1): JakeP, JakeP, fiery_valkyrie
mr.capps (1): Rarity, Asiina, Rarity
Juanito (1): Jamuraan, Jamuraan, Hal Incandenza, yuming, yuming
Bigup DJ (1): Puntification, JakeP, Big Nothing, Pinterest Mom, Big Nothing, Pinterest Mom, JakeP
fiery_valkyrie (1): merk, yuming, merk
Opopanax (1): CCKeane, Puntification, CCKeane, CCKeane, Your Personal Muse, JakeP, JakeP, CCKeane, mr.capps, yuming, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, yuming, mr.capps, JakeP, Puntification, JakeP
Rarity (0): Puntification, Puntification, Pinterest Mom, Juanito, Juanito, Pinterest Mom
Hal Incandenza (0): JakeP, JakeP
Your Personal Muse (0): Jamuraan, Big Nothing, Jamuraan, Big Nothing
JakeP (0): yuming, yuming
Barehanded Brother (0): merk, merk
yuming (0): Rascyc, Rascyc
Asiina (0): Rarity, Rarity, mr.capps, mr.capps

Not Voting (2): Barehanded Brother, Tremendous Taste

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 22nd, 2014 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 58 minutes.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I guess ##vote bn

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

I really don't like this vote.

How is this a reason to vote for someone?

At the time there were a bunch of people with 2 votes each. He probably just picked the scummiest-seeming.

Or, he's scum and he picked a townie vOv

But the latter is less likely, just statistically (I definitely have not cased Biggie).

I would, of course, prefer that we nail a scum, but this game has been frustrating so far and a flip one way or the other will be way more instructive for D2 than just checking out who gets vig'ed.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
^^ By Biggie I mean DJ.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

At the time there were a bunch of people with 2 votes each. He probably just picked the scummiest-seeming.

Or, he's scum and he picked a townie vOv

But the latter is less likely, just statistically (I definitely have not cased Biggie).

I would, of course, prefer that we nail a scum, but this game has been frustrating so far and a flip one way or the other will be way more instructive for D2 than just checking out who gets vig'ed.

I suppose, the wording was just very cavalier and strange to me. I do agree with his earlier posts though that BN's built-in scumminess will be a problem later in the game whether he's scum or not and better to lynch him now to be sure.

##vote BN

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

As a warning, things will get crazy if i am lynched :unsmigghh:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Big Nothing posted:

As a warning, things will get crazy if i am lynched :unsmigghh:

oh man that sounds exciting

now i wish i could doublevote you

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

To that extent, ##vote BN

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Bigup DJ posted:

Yeah I don't think Big Nothing is worth wasting a lynch on. I don't feel one way or the other on him but if we're going to kill him at all it should be a vig.

Bigup DJ posted:

Hey I just woke up.

Yeah, in every game I've played with Big Nothing we always get to late game and waste our time on a big dumb argument about whether he's scum because he barely posts. We don't want to use our lynch on him because he's like that every game so he just lingers around forever and it's poo poo, so I stick by what I said.

Bigup DJ posted:

Fiery's posting is always formal and neat though.

Bigup DJ posted:

To be clear though I could live with lynching BN so long as we do it before late game.

Bigup DJ posted:

##vote Big Nothing
I think this guy is scummier than BN.

He has spent the day talking down cases instead of making them.

Also he votes BN anyways and idk it's scummier than BN who I don't think is scum so.

##vote Bigup DJ

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Votecount for Day 1

Big Nothing (9): Jamuraan, Propaganda Machine, Bigup DJ, JakeP, merk, Dugong, Pinterest Mom, Asiina, Big Nothing
Puntification (3): CCKeane, Rarity, Juanito, Bigup DJ, Opopanax, Opopanax, Big Nothing, Bigup DJ, Big Nothing
Bigup DJ (2): Puntification, JakeP, Big Nothing, Pinterest Mom, Big Nothing, Pinterest Mom, JakeP, yuming
Jamuraan (1): Big Nothing, mr.capps, tearshed, tearshed, Big Nothing, mr.capps, mr.capps
Rascyc (1): yuming, yuming, Pinterest Mom, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom
Opopanax (1): CCKeane, Puntification, CCKeane, CCKeane, Your Personal Muse, JakeP, JakeP, CCKeane, mr.capps, yuming, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, yuming, mr.capps, JakeP, Puntification, JakeP
Rarity (0): Puntification, Puntification, Pinterest Mom, Juanito, Juanito, Pinterest Mom
mr.capps (0): Rarity, Asiina, Rarity, Asiina
fiery_valkyrie (0): merk, yuming, merk, yuming

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 22nd, 2014 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 minutes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I actually confused BN with Bigup DJ. Do we have time to do anything?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nope ##vote bn

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

July 5th, 1997

Washington lies cold and still in the wake of the President's death. Such a bloody, violent spectacle on live television sent ripples emanating through and beyond Capitol Hill. Conspiracies stayed quiet and pundits kept their mouths closed.

Today, at least, there would be no steps taken towards justice.

The day has ended in a No Lynch and no one has died.

You now have 24 hours to submit night actions, but the sooner I receive them the better. Take note that the order of receipt can have an effect on things.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Votecount for Day 1

Big Nothing (10): Jamuraan, Propaganda Machine, Bigup DJ, JakeP, merk, Dugong, Pinterest Mom, Asiina, Big Nothing, Opopanax
Puntification (3): CCKeane, Rarity, Juanito, Bigup DJ, Opopanax, Opopanax, Big Nothing, Bigup DJ, Big Nothing
Bigup DJ (2): Puntification, JakeP, Big Nothing, Pinterest Mom, Big Nothing, Pinterest Mom, JakeP, yuming
mr.capps (0): Rarity, Asiina, Rarity, Asiina
fiery_valkyrie (0): merk, yuming, merk, yuming
Rascyc (0): yuming, yuming, Pinterest Mom, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom, Opopanax

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 22nd, 2014 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

July 5th, 1997

WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.

Obviously night's been extended. Barring any further forum outages, please have night actions in by noon tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

July 6th, 1997

The news the next morning is still filled with coverage of the President's murder, though the city still seems to be in more turmoil than ever. The anchor, Burgundy, reads over some of the other stories plaguing the nation's capitol. He turns it over to a correspondent who stands outside a hotel.

"This hotel is not too far from where President Marshall was assassinated less than twenty-four hours ago. While reports from inside the hotel have told us no one suspicious was spotted on camera, the two murders inside would say otherwise. Neither murdered man had a connection to one another and both were killed in markedly different ways. A single bullet to the chest for one and a more violent, gruesome scene for the other. Authorities say they're being stretched to the limit right now, but we'll report more on these further deaths when we receive more information. This is Gale Weathers, back to you, Ron."

The faces of the deceased flash on the screen. An old man with kindly eyes and frazzled hair. A chubby slightly less old man whose only photo is a mugshot from the mid-1980s. The news cuts to commercial.

Opoponax aka Dr. Emmett Brown, town-aligned player has died night one.

Juanito aka Jeff "The Dude" Lebowski, town-aligned player has died night one.

quote:

July 6th, 1997

"You have the package?" the woman coos.

"Of course," replies Bond, dropping the case at her feet. She opens it and a soft glow emits from it. "What does it do?"

"Very soon," she smiles, "you're going to find out, Jimmy. And it's going to be pretty spectacular."

• Locked thread