Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Oh hes Johnny in the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Everything is weird and awful.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hi friends.

I forgot I was in this game because I didn't bookmark the thread. I apologize for being a lovely person.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
sup

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hi friends.

I forgot I was in this game because I didn't bookmark the thread. I apologize for being a lovely person.

It's ok, we forgot you were in this game too :v:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I don't think Hal was actually scum :sparkles:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Rarity posted:

It's ok, we forgot you were in this game too :v:

I'm going to go ahead and unbookmark it

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

yuming posted:

Lets spend another day discussing this please

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I think he was a jester death miller.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Grats on your win Hal

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I got roleblocked last night, and the flavour was getting a bunch of 100$ bills and a note telling me to take the night off because I deserve it. Is that from something?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

I got roleblocked last night, and the flavour was getting a bunch of 100$ bills and a note telling me to take the night off because I deserve it. Is that from something?

Pretty Women

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

Is this because you are actually scum, hence your miller claim and hider role? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

It's my first game so I really don't know please tell me.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote cckeane

Is the strict adherence to the gimmick a way to make it impossible to determine if they're scum or not?

Maybe.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

So I spent the last 2 days travelling to Copenhagen and then getting a flight and then a bus aaaaand then another bus to get home. I missed the most active park the thread has been which is lovely of me, my bad. I have read most stuff and caught up though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if I want to be in that masonry that capps was in anymore.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I still want to be lovers with CCKeane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am going to use my lovers ability on Little Mac so when I die the entire game goes down.

Solipsism will finally be proven correct.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Pinterest Mom posted:

##vote cckeane

Is the strict adherence to the gimmick a way to make it impossible to determine if they're scum or not?

Maybe.

I doubt it, I don't think Keane is experienced enough to pull that stunt off.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think Keane is scum for outing yuming with no purpose other than to look townie doing it.

##CCMean

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I think Keane is scum for outing yuming with no purpose other than to look townie doing it.

##CCMean

I did have a purpose.

Relatedly, don't you think miller + hider is an unusual combination, especially in the face of a death miller claim and especially w/r/t yuming unvoting Hal?

I mean maybe that's a common thing in games.

I wouldn't know.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Wait how has merk not gotten NKed yet?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinterest Mom posted:

Scum are probably assuming there's a Doctor protecting him.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

With 2 powers per, I'd assume scum has a juggernaut, and merk is a great target for it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pinterest Mom posted:

With 2 powers per, I'd assume scum has a juggernaut, and merk is a great target for it.

Cool story. Want to vote me out of irrational merk fear or are you just setting that up for tomorrow?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I don't think merk is behaving poorly at all, he's just incorrect. I don't think he is a The Mafia at all.

I am assuming the "Greatest Mafia Champion" moniker is ironic.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

Possibly in the hopes people will post "why hasn't merk been NKed yet?" and start suspecting him.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

merk posted:

Cool story. Want to vote me out of irrational merk fear or are you just setting that up for tomorrow?

Aren't you surprised to be alive? You're nearly a cop.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Am I missing anyone that Hal defended heavily? One of the reasons he could have claimed death miller is to throw off any connections we could make between him and his buddies, but I don't see anyone he defended.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

merk posted:

Why are you responding to that of all things? You've ignored a few other probes this game that I can remember but this one you choose to recognize and respond?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Your Personal Muse posted:

Am I missing anyone that Hal defended heavily? One of the reasons he could have claimed death miller is to throw off any connections we could make between him and his buddies, but I don't see anyone he defended.

I don't think so, from a quick skim, the only person I saw whose alignment he mentioned more than once is Jam.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Did yuming even confirm CCKeane's claim? I don't see it in her ~post history~

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Oh here it is:

yuming posted:

Yes this is correct! Keane must've tried to visit me last night or something~

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

This is why I'm leaning towards the Hal = Jester possibility. It feels like he was being dumb on purpose.

Rarity posted:

gently caress it, PM's logic is too good for me to pass up.

##vote Capps

Rarity posted:

Am I the only one annoyed that Hal's claim has basically taken over the game and now none of us are looking at anyone else?

As such, I'm dropping a couple of reads. I think PM is town based on the way they switched their vote from me to Capps. If they were scum then I'm pretty sure they'd stick to targeting me whether Capps was scum or not. On the other end of the scale there's Prop. I'm not a fan of how she dropped in the fact she had two powers completely unprompted when the discussion on that had fizzled into jokes

Rarity posted:

Fair enough, let's mercy kill

##vote Hal
This whole affair reads really fake to me in hindsight. Hal is leaning jester so doesn't want to vote, but mercy votes at the end. Cases Capps a bit this game but in the end voted Capps while junking her own case and hitching her boat to PM's case (which was not good logic either imo). The whole block about being mad that Hal had overtaken the day just looks LAMIST to me, it accomplished nothing.

##vote Rarity

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Asiina posted:

Second is Rascyc. Rascyc's reasoning of "a cop voted for you, so you must be scum" doesn't really make any sense. When I've played with Rascyc before he's been very aggressive and pressuring of town, but this has been much more laid back and jokey in a way I haven't seen from him. I think you may be onto something there.
Coming back to this as I re-read. I said Hal was in a position to gain something if he fake claimed, not that he was scum because Merk was voting him. Your representation of what I said isn't even remotely close to what I said. In fact it seems to completely be quoted out of context because I explained in a previous post what Hal would stand to gain by fake claiming:

Edited for brevity:

Rascyc posted:

Same reason anyone fake claims early in the game as 3p/scum: if you get away with it for a day, a lot of people don't really give you attention anymore for the rest of the game.

Rascyc posted:

How are you not in any position to claim something? A cop who blew up a scum was voting you and didn't seem to be moving their vote any time soon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

This whole affair reads really fake to me in hindsight. Hal is leaning jester so doesn't want to vote, but mercy votes at the end. Cases Capps a bit this game but in the end voted Capps while junking her own case and hitching her boat to PM's case (which was not good logic either imo). The whole block about being mad that Hal had overtaken the day just looks LAMIST to me, it accomplished nothing.

##vote Rarity

Dude, when Hal first said he was a Death Miller I had to look it up. I didn't know what the gently caress. I was really torn between voting for the guy I thought was scum and voting for the guy that was getting in the way of the game.

And Hal totally did overtake yesterday. How much case work got done after his claim? How many reads did people drop on anyone not named Hal? All it did was obstruct us.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rascyc posted:

PM's case (which was not good logic either imo)

I sure wish we knew Capps' alignment right about now!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I agree something is off on rarity. I'm going to reread her after national pride hour and vgcw

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Huh, seems like jam was just bad then. Capps flip is interesting to say the least, and I agree that keane is a bad guy ##vote cckeane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Big Nothing posted:

Huh, seems like jam was just bad then. Capps flip is interesting to say the least, and I agree that keane is a bad guy ##vote cckeane

I love how you sort of throw your vote in as an aside to your post...

• Locked thread