Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote BN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote BN

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

several states later I'm back hey everyone

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh you're in this game?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't like to post while driving hundreds of miles
:greencube:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rascyc posted:

Coming back to this as I re-read. I said Hal was in a position to gain something if he fake claimed, not that he was scum because Merk was voting him. Your representation of what I said isn't even remotely close to what I said. In fact it seems to completely be quoted out of context because I explained in a previous post what Hal would stand to gain by fake claiming:

Edited for brevity:

Those two posts are making very different points. Either Hal was claiming in the hopes of surviving the day and being forgotten about, which I agree is a thing that often happens, or he was claiming because pressure was on him. There's no reason to bring up the fact that "a confirmed scum killing cop is voting you" unless you're trying to make a point with it. A point which doesn't make a lot of sense, since merk hadn't used his investigate on Hal.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

TT was in this game? :henget:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Asiina posted:

Those two posts are making very different points. Either Hal was claiming in the hopes of surviving the day and being forgotten about, which I agree is a thing that often happens, or he was claiming because pressure was on him. There's no reason to bring up the fact that "a confirmed scum killing cop is voting you" unless you're trying to make a point with it. A point which doesn't make a lot of sense, since merk hadn't used his investigate on Hal.
? why do you make it sound like two motivations are mutually exclusive

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

Dude, when Hal first said he was a Death Miller I had to look it up. I didn't know what the gently caress. I was really torn between voting for the guy I thought was scum and voting for the guy that was getting in the way of the game.

And Hal totally did overtake yesterday. How much case work got done after his claim? How many reads did people drop on anyone not named Hal? All it did was obstruct us.
Plenty happened yesterday, some of it has already been brought up again today. If you were upset about it overtaking the game, why didn't you try to do more? You hitched a vote to capps on PM's case, which looks like you dropped your own previous case, and then bailed on all of it 2 hours later as far as I can tell.

In what way was Hal getting in the way of the game?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Big Nothing posted:

##vote Hal

Digging yourself a bigger whole to be honest. If you are scum im going to be suprised.

Contradicting himself to jump on the bandwagon.

Big Nothing posted:

Huh, seems like jam was just bad then. Capps flip is interesting to say the least, and I agree that keane is a bad guy ##vote cckeane

I read PM's vote as a move to put some pressure on CC, rather than being outright convinvced he is scum. Yet BN is hopping on that vote with no explanation as to why CC is a "bad guy"

## vote BN

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I like rasc's points on Rarity, but more to the point, I don't like Rarity's case on Capps. Rarity was going after things that are annoying about Capps, which while that could just be bad town casing, seems more "scum looking for an easy target"

##vote Rarity

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Contradicting himself to jump on the bandwagon.

I read PM's vote as a move to put some pressure on CC, rather than being outright convinvced he is scum. Yet BN is hopping on that vote with no explanation as to why CC is a "bad guy"

## vote BN

To be fair I am quite the incorrigible rogue.

Anybody else feeling yuming is acting strangely?

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

I've let Keane easily slip by before by sticking to posting gimmicks whilst voting for people. That good enough for you? :rolleyes:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Big Nothing posted:

I've let Keane easily slip by before by sticking to posting gimmicks whilst voting for people. That good enough for you? :rolleyes:

No. Why does that make him scum this game? Why didn't you vote him until someone else did?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Big Nothing posted:

No of course now, why would it be.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
CCKeane, is he upsetting you? It'll be okay, hes known for his rude shenanigans

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

Big Nothing posted:

I don't understand, it's my first game.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Dhaes posted:

I don't understand, it's my first game.

There's something different about you...

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Rarity also threw my name into the wind when I very vaguely claimed what seems to be an utterly common gameplay mechanic amongst us. Those two powers, or whatever.

Did she only get one? I wonder...

Anyway, her play has been annoying, at best. Let's see how today goes.

##vote Rarity

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Sorry.

##vote Rarity

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Propaganda Machine posted:

Sorry.

##vote Rarity

This is really dumb considering you know what I was up to last night.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Rarity posted:

This is really dumb considering you know what I was up to last night.

I like this vague stuff. Are you scum buddies?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Your Personal Muse posted:

I like this vague stuff. Are you scum buddies?

I have no loving idea what Rarity did last night, actually.

DO ENLIGHTEN ME WILL YOU.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I have no loving idea what Rarity did last night, actually.

DO ENLIGHTEN ME WILL YOU.

Well I apparently had a conversation with you during my night action so you should. Your flavour is a lanky man in a white suit with a buzzcut.

The only other possibility is someone has a role where they can pretend to be someone else.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Well I apparently had a conversation with you during my night action so you should. Your flavour is a lanky man in a white suit with a buzzcut.

The only other possibility is someone has a role where they can pretend to be someone else.

Would you be willing to share the contents or gist of the conversation?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Puntification posted:

Would you be willing to share the contents or gist of the conversation?

The lanky man asked me if I knew a local restaurant, I said that I didn't and he said he wasn't from around here. Then in an addendum PM from Little Mac I was told the man identified himself as Prop. My night action seems to have worked as intended, as far as I can tell.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Did you actually have this conversation back and forth or did Little Mac just PM you a conversation that your characters had?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Did you actually have this conversation back and forth or did Little Mac just PM you a conversation that your characters had?

It was a PM from Little Mac.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Capps why :cry:

yuming posted:

I don't think Hal was actually scum :sparkles:
Hey so, is your flavour related to hal in any way? He said he investigates as town but flips scum, and he also claimed he was a hider. You claim to be a miller (investigates scum/flips town), and you also said your ability is to hide. ~links~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

tearshed posted:

Hey so, is your flavour related to hal in any way? He said he investigates as town but flips scum, and he also claimed he was a hider. You claim to be a miller (investigates scum/flips town), and you also said your ability is to hide. ~links~

Yes, see.

This is what I was wondering.

This was my thing. My first thing.

For it is my first game.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

What does this have to do with anything?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

tearshed posted:

Yuming already claimed Jason Bourne. I'm also not sure how good links based on the honesty of claims made by someone who just flipped scum are (especially when he claimed both roles after yuming). Hal claimed that his death miller status worked by the fact that while he was Verbal Kint he would flip Keyser Soze so would appear scum:

Hal Incandenza posted:

My PM just says I am Verbal but that I will flip Keyzer
Let's ignore the fact they're the same person so that doesn't make sense and look at his flip.

Little Mac posted:

Hal Incandenza aka Roger "Verbal" Kint, scum-aligned, has been eliminated Day 2.

Unless Little Mac hosed up here, Hal lied to us, so why believe his other claim? It seems likely to me that his claim of hider may have been a flavour-appropriate lie (he claimed the ability was named after a quote from the movie in one post) to cover an obviously scummy power or the fact scum don't have two powers. Hal himself claims this is his MO:

Hal Incandenza posted:

This is what a Hal Fakeclaim looks like:
[click the link to read his quote I didn't think it was worth C&Ping it in here]

Full of detail and carefully crafted to fit flavor while also allowing me to continue to use the fakeclaim later, and only brought out when it made the most sense to do so.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
So, um, Rarity is not full of poo poo. I guess.

So, I'm claiming, because why the hell not.

I am not a smart man.

I am SUCH a NOT smart man, I'm barely even vaguely aware of my actions, and I absolutely do not learn of what has transpired where I've gone, who I've seen, any of that. I'm totally blind.

Scum should be really glad I'm not on their side, because my flavor is hilarious and I'm having fun over here, but I'm useless as gently caress.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

tearshed posted:

Given that yuming has already claimed Jason Bourne, so completely unrelated to Hal's flavour, what have you learned from this question? Who do you think is scum?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

What does this have to do with anything?

It was so Prop could verify that I wasn't just full of bullshit. And judging how other people have asked for more information, it does seem like people think it's relevant info :)

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

So, um, Rarity is not full of poo poo. I guess.

So, I'm claiming, because why the hell not.

I am not a smart man.

I am SUCH a NOT smart man, I'm barely even vaguely aware of my actions, and I absolutely do not learn of what has transpired where I've gone, who I've seen, any of that. I'm totally blind.

Scum should be really glad I'm not on their side, because my flavor is hilarious and I'm having fun over here, but I'm useless as gently caress.

Holy poo poo I've just realised who you are.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Puntification posted:

Holy poo poo I've just realised who you are.

Were you targeted, N1 or N2? Which? Why? By whom, do you think?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

what

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If Yuming is a reverse death miller, I'm banning little Mac from modding for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I've not been targeted at all as far as I know. It's just funny to me because I thought the encounter rarity described sounded sinister enough to I spent some time looking for characters from spy movies in white suits with buzz cuts to work out who it was. Turns out you were just an idiot.

• Locked thread