Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
If I had a vig I would vig myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

That would kill Keane too.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
We aren't lovers he spurned my advances

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JakeP posted:

We aren't lovers he spurned my advances

Try some personal grooming first next time

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Big Nothing posted:

Id rather YPM get vigged for wanting me to get vigged. YPM, what problem do you have with me? :henget:

Not only are you always scummy, you are always useless so your flip tells us nothing. Id rather not waste a day on you

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Big Nothing posted:

I get my actual role after i am lynched. What PR i get depends on who i choose after i am hammered from among those that voted for me. Right now, a PR looks better than none :v:

Wait is this saying you will role steal from those that voted you?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Big Nothing posted:

I get my actual role after i am lynched. What PR i get depends on who i choose after i am hammered from among those that voted for me. Right now, a PR looks better than none :v:

Im a VT right now in an essence

Worst game 2014

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If we weren't 45 pages in, I'd replace out. We aren't even coming close to talking about content in this game, and people apparently get offended when asked for cases. This is not entertaining in the slightest.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3641365&userid=131124&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post431637660

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'll add that Rarity isn't making a big deal about yet another event "over taking the game" and continues to do nothing.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Dugong posted:

I just reread the past 10 pages and the main thing I have taken away is that BN's use of the henget smiley is annoying.

People were saying to not lynch him day 2 because he always reads as scummy regardless of alignment but the same thing seems to be happening now.

I guess you missed the bit where he basically admitted he's been trying intentionally to bait the thread into lynching him in order to unlock his PR. It's not really surprising that many of us have interpreted his play as scummy behaviour and sufficient reason to ignore his meta.

Did you get anything else from it?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity read to me like someone who genuinely had no idea how to react to what Hal was doing which I could properly analyze if I could trust Hal's flip. That is, I don't actually know Hal's alignment because I apparently can't trust the setup (the flavor heavily implies Hal wasn't lying), so I don't know what to make of Hal's flip at all nor any reactions to Hal as he was going down.

For example, if Hal was actually on the scum team, I think Rarity looks townie. If Hal was actually Town, Rarity's confusion could be scummy since scum wouldn't know what to do with a Death Miller claim out there, so the analysis comes from a scum who genuinely didn't know what to do.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Puntification posted:

I guess you missed the bit where he basically admitted he's been trying intentionally to bait the thread into lynching him in order to unlock his PR. It's not really surprising that many of us have interpreted his play as scummy behaviour and sufficient reason to ignore his meta.

...exactly, another ding on the setup. You don't add roles like that to the game, regardless of alignment. I have no idea what BN's alignment is because, if true, he's playing his role exactly as he should be playing it regardless of his alignment: scummy. He's like a Jester-enabled role.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

For example, if Hal was actually on the scum team, I think Rarity looks townie. If Hal was actually Town, Rarity's confusion could be scummy since scum wouldn't know what to do with a Death Miller claim out there, so the analysis comes from a scum who genuinely didn't know what to do.

If Hal was actually town then it wouldn't matter whether I was town, scum or 3P because whichever alignment I had I still wouldn't know what Hal's deal was. And if I was scum, don't you think I'd ask my scumteam for advice on that situation?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

merk posted:

Rarity read to me like someone who genuinely had no idea how to react to what Hal was doing which I could properly analyze if I could trust Hal's flip. That is, I don't actually know Hal's alignment because I apparently can't trust the setup (the flavor heavily implies Hal wasn't lying), so I don't know what to make of Hal's flip at all nor any reactions to Hal as he was going down.

Guys, I think Hal's flip is going to tell us nothing so we should lynch capps instead.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

I'll add that Rarity isn't making a big deal about yet another event "over taking the game" and continues to do nothing.

I've done a whole lot more than a bunch of people in this game. Taste, YPM and tearshed to name just three.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

If Hal was actually town then it wouldn't matter whether I was town, scum or 3P because whichever alignment I had I still wouldn't know what Hal's deal was. And if I was scum, don't you think I'd ask my scumteam for advice on that situation?

That's what I'm saying. If Hal was Town, your genuine content at Hal doesn't push me any direction because all alignments would have reacted similar to it - I could effectively cut out that content completely from my analysis on you. The only potential thing that scum might consider (which Town probably wouldn't) is that Hal might have been a Mafia Recruitee - or whatever that role name is - where he joins the scum team when night killed.

However, if Hal was scum, your genuine confusion over what Hal was doing and desire to just push it aside looks townie. A scum buddy would have piled fuel on the Hal fire and watched him burn or try to speak negatively against the lynch.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pinterest Mom posted:

Guys, I think Hal's flip is going to tell us nothing so we should lynch capps instead.

This might help: I think capps was either town or third party. I visited him last night and he did not have the capability to kill people.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Do you think/know a scum night-kill would count as "capable to kill" for the purposes of your power?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pinterest Mom posted:

Do you think/know a scum night-kill would count as "capable to kill" for the purposes of your power?

I can see if the 'player has a gun.' Traditionally the role would get a positive result on any scum and town/3p players with vigs. I guess in this setup I can't trust that either!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
merk, is there a reason you haven't used your investigation power yet today?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

merk, is there a reason you haven't used your investigation power yet today?

One I won't claim, yes.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's safe to assume IMO.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

I've done a whole lot more than a bunch of people in this game. Taste, YPM and tearshed to name just three.
I can't disagree with this. I'm trying not to get sucked into merk's negativity on the setup.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Taste still hasn't given us a case. He was here all yesterday to do some numbers game thing that apparently he wanted to use to vig someone, but he couldn't make a case.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

Taste still hasn't given us a case. He was here all yesterday to do some numbers game thing that apparently he wanted to use to vig someone, but he couldn't make a case.

I told you I'm not in any hurry to do it. I dislike it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

merk posted:

I can see if the 'player has a gun.' Traditionally the role would get a positive result on any scum and town/3p players with vigs. I guess in this setup I can't trust that either!

If it's phrased as "player has a gun" I would assume that would catch scum.

Maybe.

I don't have a kill, but my flavour would kill with a sword, not a gun. Do we trust LM to either
1. have made sure that everyone with a kill is someone who shoots people
2. not get hung up on the technicality that "well that character kills with a blade so you get a negative result".

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pinterest Mom posted:

Do we trust LM

no

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

merk posted:

That's what I'm saying. If Hal was Town, your genuine content at Hal doesn't push me any direction because all alignments would have reacted similar to it - I could effectively cut out that content completely from my analysis on you. The only potential thing that scum might consider (which Town probably wouldn't) is that Hal might have been a Mafia Recruitee - or whatever that role name is - where he joins the scum team when night killed.

However, if Hal was scum, your genuine confusion over what Hal was doing and desire to just push it aside looks townie. A scum buddy would have piled fuel on the Hal fire and watched him burn or try to speak negatively against the lynch.
What does considering a mafia recruit have to do with this?

I get your read hinging on Hal's flip at the very least.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Pinterest Mom posted:

If it's phrased as "player has a gun" I would assume that would catch scum.

Maybe.

I don't have a kill, but my flavour would kill with a sword, not a gun. Do we trust LM to either
1. have made sure that everyone with a kill is someone who shoots people
2. not get hung up on the technicality that "well that character kills with a blade so you get a negative result".
?

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Gunsmith

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

merk posted:

Hal repeatedly asserted the fact that his death miller status meant he would flip soze not kint, this didn't happen, he flipped kint: what hal said about his "role" was objectively false. Hal was keyser sozeing us; he was literally the devil trying to convince us he didn't exist.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Puntification posted:

Hal repeatedly asserted the fact that his death miller status meant he would flip soze not kint, this didn't happen, he flipped kint: what hal said about his "role" was objectively false. Hal was keyser sozeing us; he was literally the devil trying to convince us he didn't exist.
So you think he's scum because he swapped his flavor around? Or am I not following?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Rascyc posted:

So you think he's scum because he swapped his flavor around? Or am I not following?

He explicitly stated what his death miller role would do upon his death and it didn't happen, I'm taking this to mean he was a liar.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Puntification posted:

He explicitly stated what his death miller role would do upon his death and it didn't happen, I'm taking this to mean he was a liar.

It's not really a sensible lie to make. If he's getting lynched on virtue of being Keyser Soze/Verbal Kint, it doesn't matter that he's going to flip otherwise.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Yeah, that's what I was looking to see. I'm not called a Gunsmith though in my role pm.

Rascyc posted:

What does considering a mafia recruit have to do with this?

Assuming that Hal was not part of the traditional scum masonry, this is the only difference between a Scum analyzing what Hal was doing and a Town analyzing what Hal was doing. A Scum player might try to probe a bit to see if Hal would drop any breadcrumbs about being a Scum Recruitee.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Puntification posted:

Possibly, but the flavor heavily implies that he wanted to be part of the Scum team and was rejected by the 'big bad scum,' and, potentially, a Death Miller because of it. I don't usually make flavor arguments, but it's fitting with Hal's claim and some other flavor-specific aspects of the setup we've already seen (like when I use my role it's 100% obvious Dirty Harry is doing it even though I'm not named as a player).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Thinking about it a bit more... Hal's flip and the flavor do kind of imply that he was a Scum Recruitee. Does anyone know the real name of this role? I can't remember it. He might have flipped Keyzer Soze had he been recruited.

That actually makes sense and isn't bad setup crafting.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
From this point forward, I'm assuming Hal was a Scum Recruitee, meaning we can't really learn anything from his flip but he was actually scum, and I'm going to be less negative about the setup.

BN needs to be vigged immediately because his claimed role is terrible regardless of alignment. Please make that vig happen.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Keane, why shouldn't we kill you? Who do you think is scum?

Something between you outing yuming and yuming's desire to be outed is the scummiest thing in the game at the moment.

I'll ##vote yuming for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Alright I'm taking a look at Rarity

throw out that first page of post history because it's all trash!

:tootzzz: oh man this second page isn't any better

oh god my eyelids are like a million tons but I can still see that Rarity's interactions with the two flipped scum alignment are jokes and votes after the rush starts followed by attempting to steer the thread in a different direction of discussion

hey maybe that means big nothing is scum too

tell me how long you've been playing rarity it doesn't come across every four posts when you mention it

• Locked thread