Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm gonna head out soon but one more thing before I do.

Asiina made a post I can't recall atm that I thought was scummy, but I thought she was dead. It turns out she is not so I'm looking at her post history now.

And it's OMG so scum.

Bigup DJ posted:

Hey I'm not going to be around from now to the deadline, I've got an exam on. I like people to have more than one choice for lynching so I'm putting my vote on Big Nothing.

##vote Big Nothing

Asiina posted:

I really don't like this vote.

How is this a reason to vote for someone?
From ^^this

to this vv

Asiina posted:

I suppose, the wording was just very cavalier and strange to me. I do agree with his earlier posts though that BN's built-in scumminess will be a problem later in the game whether he's scum or not and better to lynch him now to be sure.

##vote BN
Doesn't make sense to me.

I'd vote Asiina too. I'm going to try and find that post I made a mental note of where was it ugh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Big Nothing posted:

I dont steal the role :v:

Does that mean you imitate the chosen players PR? That would be useful as it'd effectively be a one-shot role cop in addition to giving you a PR, however it requires us to trust you are telling the truth, which I'm not sure we'll be willing or able to at this point.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Asiina posted:

I dunno, I don't really see a problem with Bigup's statement. BN is always going to be the scummiest guy in the game because that's his default state.

We'll never be entirely sure so why waste a lynch which we'll get a lot more information out of over someone killing him with a vig.
It was this post-- context: immediately following Punt's case on Bigup and the slew of votes that followed.

Asiina defends Bigup here, later calls out a random post of his (see my post above!), and then argues to kill BN because he's unreadable.

That last point I think is the real stickler-- Asiina bases all of her D1 content on why we should kill a player who ~has a default state of scummy~

She also tip-toes around Bigup and her content there looks fake.

Revision, this is my best case. Read and comment on this case please, thanks-- merk that means you!

##vote Asiina

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I don't like how the pendulum has swung so wildly in the last few hours.

Why are we moving off of BN?

I THINK THERE'S A PUSH FROM THE SCUM AHHHHHHHHHH

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Puntification posted:

Does that mean you imitate the chosen players PR? That would be useful as it'd effectively be a one-shot role cop in addition to giving you a PR, however it requires us to trust you are telling the truth, which I'm not sure we'll be willing or able to at this point.

No, i get a role based on who i chose. I can't go into details because i honestly don't know more than that . My role is called 'God's lonely Man'.

Why are people so eager to get me shot? Just paranoia?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Shoot everybody, let god sort 'em out.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
yuming, I think you might be onto something with Asii. Those were some scummy posts you highlighted and she hasn't contributed at all to D3. I'm not so sure of your case against PM though. If he was scum then why would he switch votes from me to capps in the middle of a protracted dispute between the two of us that I was clearly losing?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Big Nothing posted:

Why are people so eager to get me shot? Just paranoia?

Yes! My role is closely aligned to my flavour, and your claimed role and flavour aren't aligned at all - your flavour is super scummy, and you're pushing to get lynched. That makes it look like maybe bad things happen to town if you get lynched, so it's better to be safe and shoot you.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

yuming, I think you might be onto something with Asii. Those were some scummy posts you highlighted and she hasn't contributed at all to D3. I'm not so sure of your case against PM though. If he was scum then why would he switch votes from me to capps in the middle of a protracted dispute between the two of us that I was clearly losing?

Why wouldn't scum do this?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Puntification posted:

Why wouldn't scum do this?

Cause it's going from supporting a case against someone who's already under suspicion to supporting a case that isn't getting any support. Why would scum do that? If I'm town then they'd just stick on me, if I'm scum as well then they'd try to find a new bandwagon instead.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Sometimes scum do things that make no sense!!

But I agree Asiina is a better case. Yay lynch scums~

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I want to give Rarity a chance for last words.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
It would be rude not to lynch BN, the guys is begging for it. Don't be so heartless

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Or shoot him

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote BN

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think Rarity is a bad kill. Kill Keane instead.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm not playing along with this bullshit. Just go ahead and vote me, you're obviously gonna do it no matter what I say :)

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Cause it's going from supporting a case against someone who's already under suspicion to supporting a case that isn't getting any support. Why would scum do that? If I'm town then they'd just stick on me, if I'm scum as well then they'd try to find a new bandwagon instead.

Suppose you and capps are both town, scum sees the dispute, either way they win if one of you get mislynched. Maybe they think it potentially looks bad for capps if he leads the charge against you and they'll be in a better position if they are already on record accusing him of being scummy to attack him. Not all scum are the same and follow the same logic, so it's not necessarily useful to believe scum would always do x in situation y.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Don't be dumb.

This would be dumb and then you'd be like "oh I blame Keane blah blah blah" and then probably fart in your cupped hand and bring it to your nose, inhaling deeply.

I think you think my playing poorly and acting disinterested is me being scummy, when instead it is merely my first game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

Ah poo poo, he has vig doesn't he?

Taste, forcing me to claim is going to gently caress up town. Do you want that?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

I'm not playing along with this bullshit. Just go ahead and vote me, you're obviously gonna do it no matter what I say :)

It's a vig, not a vote. I want you to provide thoughts.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's a vig, not a vote. I want you to provide thoughts.

Rarity posted:

Ah poo poo, he has vig doesn't he?

Taste, forcing me to claim is going to gently caress up town. Do you want that?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Thoughts aren't a claim, it's my first game and even I know that.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Claim if you think it's important, obviously I think you're bluffing but no I wouldn't want town hindered. I want you to provide reads on players.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

Why

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

Thoughts aren't a claim, it's my first game and even I know that.

Well he's clearly dead set on vigging me and my claim is the only thing that's going to stop him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

Claim if you think it's important, obviously I think you're bluffing but no I wouldn't want town hindered. I want you to provide reads on players.

I've been providing reads on players this whole game. You should know that, you did check my post history.

I want to hear what merk has to say to your question before any claim.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

I've been providing reads on players this whole game. You should know that, you did check my post history.

And I loved it so much! Perhaps I'm asking for something more

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I already made my case on Keane. It's based on one post. Go ahead and claim.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

And I loved it so much! Perhaps I'm asking for something more

Well I've made a bunch of cases more detailed than anything you've offered so I don't really know what you want from me :psyduck:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

Man if you're town here I'll eat my fruit hat

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

I'm Sarah Connor, Town Doctor/Bodyguard (not sure which)

Taste, you're a goddam moron.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

Well I've made a bunch of cases more detailed than anything you've offered so I don't really know what you want from me :psyduck:

the fact that they're detailed doesn't guarantee quality

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

Town Doctor/Bodyguard (not sure which)

what!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Tremendous Taste posted:

Man if you're town here I'll eat my fruit hat

BN claimed Travis Bickle he fits 3p way better than Dirty Harry.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Puntification posted:

BN claimed Travis Bickle he fits 3p way better than Dirty Harry.

I expect several in a game this size

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Well my power is to protect someone but I don't know if I have the 50% chance of death that the Bodyguard has. It wasn't in my role PM but maybe Little Mac just isn't telling me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

Well my power is to protect someone but I don't know if I have the 50% chance of death that the Bodyguard has. It wasn't in my role PM but maybe Little Mac just isn't telling me.

why would you assume that?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think it's plausible there's two scum teams instead of 3ps - a team of street-level grunts, and a team of puppetmasters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

list your night actions

• Locked thread