Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tremendous Taste posted:

Man if you're town here I'll eat my fruit hat

Kill me if you want then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

Well my power is to protect someone but I don't know if I have the 50% chance of death that the Bodyguard has. It wasn't in my role PM but maybe Little Mac just isn't telling me.

what

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

list your night actions

N1: Protect Asiina. Cause she's my girl and I didn't have BigupDJ's flip to judge her posts on.
N2: Protect merk.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ugh merk is obviously town, just a big ol' silly with a silly little nose on their silly little face.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

Kill me if you want then.

I don't think you're scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Doctor in this game could be a Scum role too with one or maybe even two other killers out there.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

N2: Protect merk.

Is your power specifically to protect your target from kills, or from being targeted by other players?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think it's plausible there's two scum teams instead of 3ps - a team of street-level grunts, and a team of puppetmasters.

Oooh. Dunno why I didn't think of this. Seems very reasonable with a game of this size.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

why would you assume that?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

What's the problem with that? I'm getting what I know about doctors and bodyguards from the wiki, haven't had a game with either before.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

What's the problem with that? I'm getting what I know about doctors and bodyguards from the wiki, haven't had a game with either before.

does your role state you're both, or neither, or what?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinterest Mom posted:

Is your power specifically to protect your target from kills, or from being targeted by other players?

Specifically kills

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

does your role state you're both, or neither, or what?

It just says town-aligned and lists my two powers, it didn't say any actual role. Yes, I have a second power, it's a slight adaptation of the first.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

It just says town-aligned and lists my two powers, it didn't say any actual role. Yes, I have a second power, it's a slight adaptation of the first.

why would you assume bodyguard over doctor

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

why would you assume bodyguard over doctor

Sarah Connor fits bodyguard closer than doctor, don't you think?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

Sarah Connor fits bodyguard closer than doctor, don't you think?

I don't really think she fits either

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't really think she fits either

Did you never see the sequel?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

Did you never see the sequel?

really

really

Tremendous Taste posted:

Whatever the terminator in judgment day is

Rarity posted:

Is that your flavour?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sarah Connor is a great flavour fit for protecting people from getting killed.

I still don't get why Rarity would assume her role is something different from what she received though.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Sarah Connor is a great flavour fit for protecting people from getting killed.

I still don't get why Rarity would assume her role is something different from what she received though.

The T-800 would be much better

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Then I can only assume you're a) scum or b) dropped on your head as a baby. Protecting John Connor is her whole character.

##vote Taste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

Then I can only assume you're a) scum or b) dropped on your head as a baby. Protecting John Connor is her whole character.

##vote Taste

the entire film is the t-800 pulling the collective connor head out of its rear end

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinterest Mom posted:

Doctor and Bodyguard both serve the exact same function, right? Little Mac didn't name my role so it's kinda easy to not be sure which one I am.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

I'm gonna head out soon but one more thing before I do.

Asiina made a post I can't recall atm that I thought was scummy, but I thought she was dead. It turns out she is not so I'm looking at her post history now.

Yeah I'm just not really able to follow the game today. It feels like nobody is talking to each other but rather at each other. It's really confusing and there's no real direction to the conversation. I'm pretty sure by the time I'm done writing this post everyone will have completely abandoned all other discussion to talk about Rarity's claim and whether the flavour makes sense and who knows if we'll get back to the other stuff at all.

As for the rest of your posts about me, I didn't like the way Bigup worded his reason for voting for BN despite the fact that I agreed with him, but I was convinced that it might have just been awkward wording for an alright vote. I mean the second post you quoted where I voted for BN is one where I'm quoting PM and agreeing with him. I didn't spontaneously change my mind.

And I still agree that BN makes scummy posts that make him seem scummy, but he always does that and it's frustrating because how do you know when he's really scum? I stand by that statement forever.

I also don't really see how I was tiptoeing around Bigup or whatever you called it. I thought he made a strangely worded post but on the whole I agreed with him, but then he turned out to be scum so whoops, I was wrong!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

Doctor and Bodyguard both serve the exact same function, right? Little Mac didn't name my role so it's kinda easy to not be sure which one I am.

You have a description of your role in your role PM. That's what your role is. It doesn't really matter what standard mafia role it might or might not map unto, or what the differences could be.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

the entire film is the t-800 pulling the collective connor head out of its rear end

:ughh:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

man if I get lucky will I get a meme

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinterest Mom posted:

You have a description of your role in your role PM. That's what your role is. It doesn't really matter what standard mafia role it might or might not map unto, or what the differences could be.

Well in that case my role is that I can protect somebody at night, I thought that much was clear at least

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Taste I've said my piece, are you gonna vig me or not?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I REALLY want to kill rarity, but I'm not going to vig an uncounterclaimed doctor. unless it was capps?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

I REALLY want to kill rarity, but I'm not going to vig an uncounterclaimed doctor. unless it was capps?

Why would you assume capps. We have plenty of dead town bodies with no role flips.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why would you assume capps. We have plenty of dead town bodies with no role flips.

i'm assuming scum don't know those. Capps seems special

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Tremendous Taste posted:

Capps claimed some tom clancy dude. He had some sort of security alarm ability that flavour-copped, doesn't seem like a doc.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Tremendous Taste posted:

I targeted Asiina with my silly flavor action N1, so it follows that either she or Rarity or both of them targeted the other that night.

## unvote

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Puntification posted:

Capps claimed some tom clancy dude. He had some sort of security alarm ability that flavour-copped, doesn't seem like a doc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ryan_(character)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Aww, I got so much love N1!

I targeted yuming, but it was unsuccessful so I guess she was telling the truth about hiding.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

So not a doc?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Puntification posted:

So not a doc?

he's a surgeon

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I am pretty certain there are multiple roles out there and some overlap.

That said I do believe rarity, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

he's a surgeon

totally misread it X(

• Locked thread